Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 06-17-2015, 02:34 PM   #99
flyer08
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Sucks took so long but looks like they did a good job. I love the ride skin front but seeing my friends as well not sure i could justify getting one
flyer08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 10:40 AM   #100
Mr.Jgunn65

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2/SS
That nose clip is banging!
Mr.Jgunn65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:14 AM   #101
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by esperman View Post
agreed. looks wavy under the main grill.
I didn't want to be the first to say if looks distorted. Below the grille and
left and right sides are wavey. Here in Ct Small Claims Court would get it fixed.
Theres no way the OP should ever bring his car back to that shop.
Old 06-27-2015, 01:49 PM   #102
Rideskinz

Drives: SS, ZL1, V6
I just saw this post and feel like I need to clear up some things. In our (Rideskinz) return policy it states, if you are not satisfied with your purchase no matter what it may be, you can return the bumper, no questions asked. We have had several customers who choose to ignore this even after body shops tell them that they do not or cannot work on the bumper either due to lack of knowledge about prepping urethane or lack of knowledge doing custom work. Yes, it is unfortunate that this body shop took so long to finish your bumper. Believe me, I have had my fair share of dealing with the same sort of body shops in the past. But to group your experience and add that the bumper is, in your words "sh**ty" and telling everyone "don't EVER EVER buy from them....(Rideskinz) is not right. This is not a "sh**ty" bumper, it is actually very good quality.

With that said, I do not intend for this to be a back and forth about the quality of this bumper or stir the pot. Believe me, if I could install and paint every bumper myself, I would. It would sure help with all of the headaches that people are having with their bodyshops. In the end, you got an awesome looking bumper at a good price and in my opinion that is all that matters.
Here are some pics of a recently finished Aggressor/T3 bumper for a customer in Canada...

Rideskinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:09 PM   #103
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rideskinz View Post
In the end, you got an awesome looking bumper at a good price and in my opinion that is all that matters.
Here are some pics of a recently finished Aggressor/T3 bumper for a customer in Canada...
Yup, I agree with the majority of what you said. I did mention the defective bumper thing to you with pictures, but we both came to an agreement and that was perfectly fine. Your customer service was never the issue, it was honestly just a combination of the shop and the process.

I will agree that I have one of the best looking front ends available, and unique like no other. My car is a head turner no doubt and gets stares and compliments everywhere. People who couldn't tell a ZL1 from a V6 LT1 give me compliments about my car looking "like no other".

The front end itself, I can not complain about. I might have been one of the unlucky few that just simply didn't get a good mold, I mean it happens with any aftermarket part. The shop I took it to pointed out to me in person what they were having issues with, and I agree, it simply would not fit. It just... doesn't... might be a mold thing? Who knows, they reinforced the middle and lower portion of it and it looks better than OEM.

If I was patient enough, I probably would have waited to have you install it yourself because I frequent visit SJC California.

Maybe I was just ranting overall because of the overall bad experience with the shop I took it to, who gave me more headaches than anything and complained about everything.

But... again, at the end of the day. I'm very pleased with my bumper and you definitely made it easier on me with the pricing and everything.
Attached Images

Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:22 PM   #104
Rideskinz

Drives: SS, ZL1, V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
Yup, I agree with the majority of what you said. I did mention the defective bumper thing to you with pictures, but we both came to an agreement and that was perfectly fine. Your customer service was never the issue, it was honestly just a combination of the shop and the process.

I will agree that I have one of the best looking front ends available, and unique like no other. My car is a head turner no doubt and gets stares and compliments everywhere. People who couldn't tell a ZL1 from a V6 LT1 give me compliments about my car looking "like no other".

The front end itself, I can not complain about. I might have been one of the unlucky few that just simply didn't get a good mold, I mean it happens with any aftermarket part. The shop I took it to pointed out to me in person what they were having issues with, and I agree, it simply would not fit. It just... doesn't... might be a mold thing? Who knows, they reinforced the middle and lower portion of it and it looks better than OEM.

If I was patient enough, I probably would have waited to have you install it yourself because I frequent visit SJC California.

Maybe I was just ranting overall because of the overall bad experience with the shop I took it to, who gave me more headaches than anything and complained about everything.

But... again, at the end of the day. I'm very pleased with my bumper and you definitely made it easier on me with the pricing and everything.

Rideskinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 04:21 PM   #105
The Patriot

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS VERT
Ummmm, I know you are happy to have your car back, but the work looks terrible. Even accounting for the fact that you might have taken the photos with a potato, that paint looks one step above a rattle-can job.

"Today I didn't even have to use my AK, I got ta' say it was a good day"
The Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 06:58 PM   #106
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
Ummmm, I know you are happy to have your car back, but the work looks terrible. Even accounting for the fact that you might have taken the photos with a potato, that paint looks one step above a rattle-can job.
Yeah that's true, I'm going to have that fixed later on, once the rain dies down here in Texas.
Dmpsix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 08:05 PM   #107
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Reviving from the dead

Well, we picked up the wife's car today. Finally got it back. Shop said they had to do tons of work. I have some nit picky issues but think overall it looks good. Took way to long (13wks) though. Shop said they will never do another one.
Attached Images

mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 03:21 AM   #108
2ss-booya

Drives: 2015 SS Sedan M6
Why not just go with the zl1 fascia?
2ss-booya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 02:12 PM   #109
mp51998

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ss-booya View Post
Had we known, had we known. I got my facia from member before the group buy. Picked it up pretty cheap with all of the parts. Our major problem was the lack of communication from the installer. He was supposed to call if he thought there would be problems or if it was going to expensive. We never got that call. We had to initiate all communication by visiting the shop. Not one phone call. Very aggravated. Also I was out of the country so I think he was thinking he only had to deal with the wife. Most of the work was done in a three week time period. By the time it was done I was just wanting to cu my losses and get away from them. Got some stuff still lingering so I won't name the shop yet but I will definitely not return and not recommend them to anyone.
Old 08-15-2015, 02:14 PM   #110
Uhoh5oh
Demon Bu1LT

Drives: 2012 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ss-booya View Post
Wanted something different.

Appearance Mods: 20" Havoc wheels with 245 Nittos up front and 275 Toyos in the rear, 1LT Badges by Emblem Pros, NS1 inspired striping, Aggressor 2 fascia, T-Rex Phantom Grille, 4 pack gauge cluster, Hydro dipped engine bay, Iggee synthetic leather seat covers

Audio Mods: Rockford Fosgate P3 12", Rockford Fosgate 1000w amp

Build Thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=404436
Uhoh5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 05:48 AM   #111
Bodywerks

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
Well, we picked up the wife's car today. Finally got it back. Shop said they had to do tons of work. I have some nit picky issues but think overall it looks good. Took way to long (13wks) though. Shop said they will never do another one.
Paint match is TERRIBLE. I'd be throwing a fit myself...
HSA delete, VMAX throttle body, CAI inc. Intake, PRC255 heads, BTR 660 springs, BTR cryo-treated rockers, PAT G 232/240 .654/.626 110+2, johnson 2110's, Manton 502 pushrods, C5R, Melling high volume/high pressure, Powerbond 25% underdrive pulley, Proform covers, Kooks stepped headers, catless mids, Doug Thorley exhaust. 512rwhp, 446rwtq on a mustang dyno, tuned by Cunningham motorsports.
Bodywerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015, 02:39 PM   #112
mp51998

Fortunately not as noticeable in person. My iPhone seems to do this with all pics I take no matter the color.