Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

View Poll Results: Who will win Super Bowl XLIV!
Indianapolis Colts 31 53.45%
New Orleans Saints 27 46.55%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2010, 04:24 PM   #1821
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
What some people don't realize is that the Saints beat 5 super bowl MVP's just this year. I would like to know if any other QB has every done that??? That is not just super bowl QB's it is Super Bowl MVP's.
1) Eli Manning
2) Tom Brady
3) Kurt Warner
4) Brett Farve
5) Peyton Manning
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:50 PM   #1822
DerbyChamp06

Drives: 13' RAM 1500 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 2-Tone View Post
What some people don't realize is that the Saints beat 5 super bowl MVP's just this year. I would like to know if any other QB has every done that??? That is not just super bowl QB's it is Super Bowl MVP's.
1) Eli Manning
2) Tom Brady
3) Kurt Warner
4) Brett Farve
5) Peyton Manning
The Saint's played dirty against Minnesota. They didn't "beat" Brett Favre, but rather "Beat Up" Brett Favre. McCray was fined 20K for a low hit, and also another very late cheap-shot hit on Favre. The NFL conceded just a few days later that they blew it by not calling more penalties on Saint's defense in NFC title game.

Here's a 10 second replay of the low hit.

DerbyChamp06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:32 PM   #1823
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
that one hit doesn't really apply when you throw interceptions around like you're playing for the other team.... you don't see Warner complaining, oh wait....

on second thought, maybe it was the astro turf that hurt him, not the contact with the other players...
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #1824
DerbyChamp06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
that one hit doesn't really apply when you throw interceptions around like you're playing for the other team.... you don't see Warner complaining, oh wait....

on second thought, maybe it was the astro turf that hurt him, not the contact with the other players...
Enjoy your hollow victory. Because when a team has to win by cheating and playing dirty, that's all it is
Old 02-11-2010, 10:45 PM   #1825
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerbyChamp06 View Post
Enjoy your hollow victory. Because when a team has to win by cheating, that's all it is
so long as we can be in it again for 2013... you know this year, New Orleans was supposed to host the Superbowl, but because of Katrina, the state had to pass it to Miami... imagine that...
Old 02-12-2010, 08:58 AM   #1826
nova

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, VR, PW, WR
Quote:
The Saint's played dirty against Minnesota. They didn't "beat" Brett Favre, but rather "Beat Up" Brett Favre. McCray was fined 20K for a low hit, and also another very late cheap-shot hit on Favre. The NFL conceded just a few days later that they blew it by not calling more penalties on Saint's defense in NFC title game.

You want some cheese with that whine?

I'm not saying it didn't happen but I'd love a link to some news article where the NFL said that. You'd think that would be big news.

Mods:
skip shift eliminator (hey everybody's gotta start somewhere )
crappily painted engine cover...
nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:28 AM   #1827
klatterblast

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ssrs blk.
Quote:
Enjoy your hollow victory. Because when a team has to win by cheating and playing dirty, that's all it is
really it could not possibly be the vikings offensive line really sucked . the saints gave them an ass whipping as they did most everybody this year.the saints deserved the superbowl win no question about it sore loser.

Magnuson TVS2300,ported heads,cam,Hotchkis suspension. Weld 17”s, Mickey Thompson’s.
klatterblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:31 AM   #1828
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
Quote:

And I am sure the Vikings didn't have any personal fouls on them all year?????? The Vikings should have never let it come down to one play. The Vikings looked as they didn't want to win the game. Brett looked somewhat like the Brett of old, not being able to hand the ball to the back and playing pitch and catch with the Saints. Just get over it the Saints are The World Champions no matter if you like it or not. Has any other QB beat 5 SuperBowl MVP's in one season???? NOT!!!
2010 2-Tone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:07 PM   #1829
DerbyChamp06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
so long as we can be in it again for 2013... you know this year, New Orleans was supposed to host the Superbowl, but because of Katrina, the state had to pass it to Miami... imagine that...
While I sympathize with the ordeal the people of New Orleans went through, that doesn't justify the illegal hits Brett Favre took. I went into the NFC title game thinking that if the Saint's beat the Vikes, I would pull for them in the Super Bowl, considering the ordeal of Katrina, and that they hadn't won a Super Bowl (like the Vikes)....but after the cheap shots they took on Favre, there was no way I could root for them.

Ironically though, in retrospect I'm glad Porter got the victory-sealing interception off Manning, who all the Favre critics had put on a pedestal as such a great QB, and proclaimed he would never throw a interception in a key situation as Favre had done.
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2010, 10:10 PM   #1830
DerbyChamp06

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova View Post
You want some cheese with that whine?

I'm not saying it didn't happen but I'd love a link to some news article where the NFL said that. You'd think that would be big news.
Here you go....its all over the internet if you research:

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/pos...analyzes-calls

And since you brought up the subject of food and beverage (its wine, not whine, btw ....Are you thirsty? Here ya go....Official drink of the Saints
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2010, 10:20 PM   #1831
DerbyChamp06

Quote:
Originally Posted by klatterblast View Post
really it could not possibly be the vikings offensive line really sucked . the saints gave them an ass whipping as they did most everybody this year.the saints deserved the superbowl win no question about it sore loser.
You Ragin' Cajuns really crack me up...But please tuck in your shirt next time .....Sorry, I couldn't resist posting the pic-Admittedly, this guy probably has a twin brother that's a Vikings fan living in the backwoods of northern Minnesota

Yes, the Vikings O-line wasn't so great, but that still didn't justify the blatant attempts to injure Favre. The biased officiating and illegal hits are the talk of millions across this country, Viking fans and non-fans alike. Just calling it as I see it.
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2010, 10:26 PM   #1832
DerbyChamp06

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 2-Tone View Post
And I am sure the Vikings didn't have any personal fouls on them all year?????? The Vikings should have never let it come down to one play. The Vikings looked as they didn't want to win the game. Brett looked somewhat like the Brett of old, not being able to hand the ball to the back and playing pitch and catch with the Saints. Just get over it the Saints are The World Champions no matter if you like it or not. Has any other QB beat 5 SuperBowl MVP's in one season???? NOT!!!
Congratulations....Yes, you are the World Champions.....and here's your official trophy .....

Okay, just having some fun with you Saint's fans. Have a great weekend everyone!
Attached Images

Old 02-12-2010, 10:31 PM   #1833
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

well when you're QB is 150 years old, i guess hitting is too much...