Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: Let us know what you think
Love it ! 45 58.44%
Its alright ! 23 29.87%
Leave it ! 9 11.69%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 02:11 AM   #29
vikingrinn

Drives: ZL1/1LE/A10
sans waiting until the 6th gen is revealed (at which point a lot of 5th gen owners who might not desire the whole new car might be keen on the next gen's wheels...) may 16th, perhaps in lieu of that havoc style it's something more along the lines of a clean classic five spoke with a refreshing twist of super deep?...
Attached Images

Old 03-24-2015, 09:18 AM   #30
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingrinn View Post
sans waiting until the 6th gen is revealed (at which point a lot of 5th gen owners who might not desire the whole new car might be keen on the next gen's wheels...) may 16th, perhaps in lieu of that havoc style it's something more along the lines of a clean classic five spoke with a refreshing twist of super deep?...
^This. I would love a clean concave 5 spoke wheel. Right now The Forgestar CF5 seems to be the only option out there.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:42 AM   #31
vikingrinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkscott View Post
^This. I would love a clean concave 5 spoke wheel. Right now The Forgestar CF5 seems to be the only option out there.
yep - and while it's a nice simple five spoke, it's just not got the same lip, overall design, or anywhere near that concavity pictured!~
Old 03-25-2015, 04:37 AM   #32
G8s Of Houston

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8
Damn!
Old 03-25-2015, 06:30 AM   #33
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
I like it, very nice and nothing like HAVOCs. Or if we are stretching that far, it looks like every black wheel out there because it's black.

Anyway, any idea of the weight of these. Looking for something to put a DR on for a little fun, and this would kind of match my existing wheel.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:13 AM   #34
Need4speed_motorsports

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
I dont have exact weight right now but aiming for mid to high 20s tops, which still sheds wright compared to thr factory ss 20s
Old 03-25-2015, 10:22 AM   #35
Duke

Drives: 2010 Red SS/RS
It looks ok. A lot will depend on the finishes that will be available. I would like to see PVD chrome and PVD black chrome.

Also, the 10" with +23 offset will stick out past the fender and be too aggressive for most folks (at least for me). You need 10" +35 offset, too. But more importantly, the +23 offset eliminates any possibility of a 10" square setup. You can be square with +35 offset.

You also need a 9" option.

How deep is the concave? The deeper the better, especially on the 11".

Will stock center caps fit?

It's your choice as to what you order, so do your due diligence.

And please don't string us along on this, the West Coast port slowdown fiasco and then the little MRR 228 design mistakes just about broke me of following these threads. I know you do a great job resolving issues, so keep up the good work.

Last edited by Duke; 03-25-2015 at 10:38 AM.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:35 AM   #36
Need4speed_motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke View Post
It looks ok. A lot will depend on the finishes that will be available. I would like to see PVD chrome and PVD black chrome.

Also, the 10" with +23 offset will stick out past the fender and be too aggressive for most folks (at least for me). You need 10" +35 offset, too. But more importantly, the +23 offset eliminates any possibility of a 10" square setup. You can be square with +35 offset.

You also need a 9" option.

How deep is the concave? The deeper the better, especially on the 11".

It's your choice as to what you order, so do your due diligence.

And please don't string us along on this, the West Coast port slowdown fiasco and then the little MRR 228 design mistakes just about broke me of following these threads.
The concavity is going to be as deep as possible, I have done a number of measurements for this on the platform myself and yes sir the little design issue with the 228 has been corrected with a simple fix for all members which I am providing to them, but these will not have that issue.

The Port situation was something that was out of everyone's control except for the union, the workers and the ship owners until the government got directly involved in that situation and it was resolved quickly.

As for fitment I am working to have them possibly bring a 20x10 ET 35 for a square fitment for members and or a possibly 9" front just need to work that out with them.
Old 03-25-2015, 10:45 AM   #37
Duke

Drives: 2010 Red SS/RS
How about the PVD chrome and PVD black chrome finishes? Are they being discussed, too?

I edited my post, then saw your reply. I know you did a great job for your customers to resolve these issues and the port slowdown could not be helped.

Will the stock center caps fit? Will all finishes be clear coated, including the inside of the barrel?
Old 03-25-2015, 01:29 PM   #38
Need4speed_motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke View Post
How about the PVD chrome and PVD black chrome finishes? Are they being discussed, too?

I edited my post, then saw your reply. I know you did a great job for your customers to resolve these issues and the port slowdown could not be helped.

Will the stock center caps fit? Will all finishes be clear coated, including the inside of the barrel?
Thank you sir

At the moment no but that is something I can bring up for them and see what they say. I am working to have the factory caps work yes and as for the wheel it would be with a clear coat over of course.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:11 PM   #39
vikingrinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4speed_motorsports View Post
The concavity is going to be as deep as possible, I have done a number of measurements for this on the platform myself and yes sir the little design issue with the 228 has been corrected with a simple fix for all members which I am providing to them, but these will not have that issue.
so the current poll reads at 35-25, not really optimal - but it sounds as though the design pictured is pretty much final?
Old 03-25-2015, 02:18 PM   #40
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
I know I've mentioned it already but here are some more details.

20x10.5" with the back spacing needed to run a set of 295/35 tucked all inside the fenders (it's doable by an expensive custom manufacturer) I think a small 5mm spacer is needed up front. With a strong and light wheel and you will have a bunch of track rats buying them. I would...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Firefighter; 03-25-2015 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:44 PM   #41
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Looks like the Havoc style, except not as nice IMO
Old 03-25-2015, 03:33 PM   #42
vikingrinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
Looks like the Havoc style, except not as nice IMO
i think that get's more to the point, as whatever design it ultimately is, you'd think the poll should be near @75% or higher to make a successful run (which i'd very much like to see for them) of it...

besting the 228 (while hard to do as it's such a nice looking wheel!~ ) should be the goal, and imho, the design shown doesn't meet or exceed that 228 threshold...

Closed Thread

Tags
black wheels, camaro wheels, concave wheels