Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-26-2019, 08:06 AM   #29
larryyoung3197

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
What is the front camera you are running?
larryyoung3197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 12:22 PM   #30
Marty Z

Drives: 2015 Bright Yellow 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard200593 View Post
I’m ordering this kit at the end of the week, are you still having bug issues? If so what
All bugs that I could find have been fixed with version 1.3. Keep in mind that this is with a Kenwood HU. Pioneer, Sony, JVC, etc... might uncover other bugs.
Marty Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 12:23 PM   #31
Marty Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryyoung3197 View Post
What is the front camera you are running?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 06-28-2019, 10:38 AM   #32
Cheap Guy

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Five Star Car Stereo has done an install of the new kit:

https://youtu.be/UkVO7Hb1NFw

Honestly I'm not feeling the "no knob" thing. Since it's summer I'm using the HVAC a lot more and I like the ease of use with the factory setup.

First - 1997 Camaro 3800 Y87, M5, Green - Gone | Second - 1997 LT1 Z28, M6, Silver - Sold | Third - 1999 LS1 Z28, M6, Pewter, Almost Stock! - Sold
Current - 2011 Camaro SS, M6, black, 1LE suspension parts - Current
Cheap Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 11:14 AM   #33
Marty Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheap Guy View Post
Five Star Car Stereo has done an install of the new kit:

https://youtu.be/UkVO7Hb1NFw

Honestly I'm not feeling the "no knob" thing. Since it's summer I'm using the HVAC a lot more and I like the ease of use with the factory setup.
Yeah, it does take some getting used to but I just leave it on AC setting now, average 85 degrees and up in NJ now, and just adjust the fan speed on the button bar.

I personally like all the extra bells and whistles over the other kits. And I LOVE the flush look, I can't stand the recessed look of the other kits. But to each their own.
Old 06-28-2019, 05:24 PM   #34
Cheap Guy

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Z View Post
Yeah, it does take some getting used to but I just leave it on AC setting now, average 85 degrees and up in NJ now, and just adjust the fan speed on the button bar.

I personally like all the extra bells and whistles over the other kits. And I LOVE the flush look, I can't stand the recessed look of the other kits. But to each their own.
Yup. I’m more of a simple guy. In fact once I get some spare money I plan to change my Pioneer for a HU with a volume knob. If the PAC unit just had some way to update it and change settings without having to access the module buried in the dash I’d be pretty much satisfied. But I also agree that the recess on the PAC is a negative, but I guess it’s to reduce glare.

Also, wonder why the Maestro didn’t find some better way to integrate the usb and hdmi connections? Maybe even just a flap to cover them when not in use? I think it would go a long way to improving the appearance.

First - 1997 Camaro 3800 Y87, M5, Green - Gone | Second - 1997 LT1 Z28, M6, Silver - Sold | Third - 1999 LS1 Z28, M6, Pewter, Almost Stock! - Sold
Current - 2011 Camaro SS, M6, black, 1LE suspension parts - Current

Last edited by Cheap Guy; 06-28-2019 at 05:50 PM.
Cheap Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 05:30 PM   #35
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:

Yes I don’t like the recessed radio on the pac kit. Wish it was flush. Plus it would help with it being so tight in the dash
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 12:31 PM   #36
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Making the plunge to the iDatalink-Maestro kit, kenwood dmx706S
From the scosche edition 1 kit, kenwood ddx672BH

I like the kenwood but need the new one to work with the iDatalink. I’m just looking for a kit that integrates better with factory devices. I installed the scosche kit from almost day 1 so I’m not used to dial hvac. I know there are hu with more bells & whistles but I just don’t need them all. HD radio, apple play, Spotify or usb to play music and iDatalink. I’ve lost the cd/dvd with the cassette and 8 tracks. Some cameras 2 or 3.

Thanks for those that have shared their install. I hope it looks as good in real life as it looks in pictures. I hope to come up with something simple to cover and blend the look of the 4 plugs under the stereo.

I’ve had the scosche kit continue to stay on in a variety of different ways over the years that sometimes runs the battery down. A few different odd nuisances ie various tpms issues, shortened remote range as well as all the other issues with this kit. I just don’t like the digital face and cheap buttons that I have to click back out after I push them. Great concept but it just didn’t go far enough and I’m done just dealing with the issues.

Just hoping this kit works seemlessy with the car as oem or better with the hu capabilities.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 06:50 PM   #37
SIM GhostrdrZ

Got the iDatalink kit and stereo installed. I’ll need to test it more by driving around and changing up the button functions. But by initial response, this kit as others have stated is great. There are a few more wire bundles than my old scosche kit but by using the kenwood dmx706S, all the wires and iDatalink brain box fit behind the stereo with ease. The stereo is about half the depth of my old HU so if you don’t need/want cd/dvd. This is a great option, as I didn’t need to cut any plastic out to fit wires or stereo. I really like the look of the faceplate with the dash. Like others have said they could have not put the plugs under the face. All of these connections can be ran to the center console and be hidden vs put them right in your face. But mine came with individual plugs that help to make them not stand out so much. The one other complaint is that under the led flashlight I was using, the color has a slight gold tint more so than the factory center console so I think it’s just slightly off but it doesn’t stand out so much in natural light. Time will tell if this bothers me or not, easy enough to touch up with the exact paint if need be.
All in all, I would highly recommend this kit if you don’t mind not having the hvac knobs in the way of the center console gauges. The button setup really works great to get you to the separate screens and back. Again, thanks for all before that posted. If anyone wants pictures, I can take some but they look the same as the previous posted ones. I just wanted to add my $.02 on the kit and my stereo choice with a shorter depth.
Old 07-11-2019, 02:53 PM   #38
SIM GhostrdrZ

I apologize for the sideways pictures but just wanted to see how others felt about the color difference in the dash kit vs the center console. I tried to get the pictures and light to show how it really looks. The 2 other kits are definitely matched to the car and look different side by side with the naked eye. This is not enough to send it back and go back to my scosche kit but I hope they’ll fix it and maybe exchange faceplates with those of us that would like to. Other than that I think the kit is by far the best and very intuitive in that you can set up the buttons to function how you’d like. For example; I set up the press and hold functions for climate,gauges, info, etc. on the faceplate to return to source so it’ll just go back to say my music page if I was listening. My heads up display now shows my radio station or song as it begins playing, as it was meant to. I haven’t had any tpms faults, yet(fingers crossed). My remote range is back to more than 5 feet from the car.
I think this kit just flows so much better with the dash. The top black of the kit match’s my black dash and door inserts.
Attached Images

Old 07-12-2019, 07:19 AM   #39
Marty Z

Yes, the color is definitely off, especially in certain lighting conditions.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:47 PM   #40
Chaotic73
BUMBLLB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
I definitely wish I would have waited for this kit instead of going the MyLink install.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:41 PM   #41
SIM GhostrdrZ

Quote:
Yes, the color is definitely off, especially in certain lighting conditions.
Your posting of the install sold me on it. The functions of this kit is just so easy and intuitive, plus the ability to set button functions to meet personal desires is beyond any other kit. To anyone going with aftermarket HU for any kit, the new kenwoods and maybe others are producing shorter depth units(w/o cd/dvd player). This works fantastic so you don’t need to shove all the wires and connectors in other crevices. It all fits with ease behind stereo and no cutting factory plastic to fit anything.
Thanks
Old 07-26-2019, 12:36 PM   #42
NOVAK

Drives: 2015 ZL1
NOVAK is offline   Reply With Quote