Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-18-2007, 11:51 PM   #29
Rocket

Drives: 1993 Silverado, dropped w/20's
Well, it's not a Camaro but it is a Chevrolet

'93 Silverado
Crate 350
Hooker Headers
Series 40 Flowmasters exhaust w/o cats
20" Boss 304 wheels

Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 11:59 PM   #30
theonlyoneleft

Drives: 1995 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to theonlyoneleft
Sadly it's a V6. But hey, I'll take what I can get until I graduate in 2009 or 2010. Then I'll be getting a new one.
I just did the angel eye modification yesterday. I hated those stupid rectangle headlights. What do you think?
Attached Images

Last edited by theonlyoneleft; 06-19-2007 at 12:19 AM. Reason: spelling
theonlyoneleft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:01 AM   #31
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
Well, it's not a Camaro but it is a Chevrolet
And that's all that counts as far as I'm concerned...

Quote:
Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 View Post
lol pewter has always stood out to me, not sure why. My grandpa loves black cars and my mom loves red cars. It makes me so mad when people try to say that Silver and Pewter are the same thing... Gah!!
I hear you. Silver = Silver
Pewter = Pewter...

THERE IS A DIFFERENCE!

They're both just as gorgeous, though...
Old 06-19-2007, 02:24 AM   #32
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by mash40 View Post
SUPER CLEAN, TAG!!! Very nice.
Thank you very much!...and it's hell to keep clean...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Ford Ranger is better than a KIA...(cough) TAG (cough)
:middlefinger: ...Hey...I got it for $100 over COST. And...it helped that it was the 4th vehicle I've purchased from Ancira...making it even better when I walk into Ancira saying, "are you ready to sell me my 5th new vehicle? A 5th Gen Camaro?" Yeah...I'm getting a good deal.

TFord, that's a verrrry nice Camaro you have. If it was mine and I had the cash, I'd drop it 2 inches to really give the ground effects a good look. Like the choice on wheels too. Torque thrust II's, no?

Quote:
I actually have considered the clear corner lenses for the front and some for the rear sides too. I have always wanted some of the halo headlights, but I didn't want to look too much like I'm trying to have a V8 (I hate V6's that try to look fast, because they aren't!)

You may have inspired me to finally get some of the lenses, though!
DO IT!!! I was very pleased w/ the clears. And, they were fairly easy to install. Got'em off of ebay for next to nothing. Shop wise, though. There are different manufacturers and you don't want to get stuck buying the wrong ones. You'll see what I mean when you do a search for them on ebay. Like you, I'm not too fond of it when someone tries to make a V6 a V8 (depends on the mods). On the other hand, it's cool when someone makes a V8 look like a V6 and then blows your doors off...:eek:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theonlyoneleft View Post
Sadly it's a V6. But hey, I'll take what I can get until I graduate in 2009 or 2010. Then I'll be getting a new one.
I just did the angel eye modification yesterday. I hated those stupid rectangle headlights. What do you think?
Those look killer! I hadn't heard of that mod, yet but deamn, they look good. and those V6's move. I know. I had one too...a 2000 V6. And guess what? It was pewter...

Which reminds me...here's a few of my old baby. I miss her...:(
Attached Images

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:03 AM   #33
SNOT ROD

Drives: camaro
[IMG]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o192/SNOTROD2597/DS****52.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o192/SNOTROD2597/DS****54.jpg[/IMG]

America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
SNOT ROD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 08:47 AM   #34
truvkngfan

Drives: Porsche928,AMV8,Acadia,Accord
Well I don't have any pics of my daily drivers... but below are pics of the toys...

Daily Drivers 1: 2007 Volkswagon Jetta 2.5 (as base as you can get)
Daily Drivers 2: 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 hemi (terrible gas mileage but pulls the boat)

Fun Toy 1: 1982 Porsche 928 with a 6-71 Supercharged Chevy 355

Fun Toy 2: 2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage (split ownership with my dad)

This one has my Dad's 1987 Porsche 928 s4 with a fuel injected Chevy 383 with the other cars. The hood has a glass insert so you cann see the engine...

truvkngfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 10:54 AM   #35
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
DO IT!!! I was very pleased w/ the clears. And, they were fairly easy to install. Got'em off of ebay for next to nothing. Shop wise, though. There are different manufacturers and you don't want to get stuck buying the wrong ones. You'll see what I mean when you do a search for them on ebay. Like you, I'm not too fond of it when someone tries to make a V6 a V8 (depends on the mods). On the other hand, it's cool when someone makes a V8 look like a V6 and then blows your doors off...:eek:

Those look killer! I hadn't heard of that mod, yet but deamn, they look good. and those V6's move. I know. I had one too...a 2000 V6. And guess what? It was pewter...

Which reminds me...here's a few of my old baby. I miss her...:(

I had looked on eBay for the stainless steel letter inserts that I put in the back and a lot of what I had found were actually the vinyl stickers. I wasn't so sure about putting vinyl stickers with a 7 year warranty on my baby :( I found a site that actually has some pretty cool stuff, http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/ It's where I got my billet grill and inserts and it was under $200 so I was very pleased.

Like that pewter, Tag lol
Old 06-19-2007, 11:13 AM   #36
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
I had looked on eBay for the stainless steel letter inserts that I put in the back and a lot of what I had found were actually the vinyl stickers. I wasn't so sure about putting vinyl stickers with a 7 year warranty on my baby :( I found a site that actually has some pretty cool stuff, http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/ It's where I got my billet grill and inserts and it was under $200 so I was very pleased.

Like that pewter, Tag lol
Thanks. I had put the vinyl on the pewter. It won't do anything to or have any affect on the warranty. Vinyl is fine and will last for a while. I put the stainless on the SS. Also, there's a guy on Z28.com who sells the stainless as well as the vinyl. He's got great prices and is on ebay. Let me know and I'll see if I can find him for you.

Afterthoughtsauto.com is a good place. I think, if I remember correctly, their prices were a little steep compared to this guy and other sellers I found.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:58 PM   #37
LSxcellent

Drives: MINI Cooper S
Well, since it is just a show-whatcha-brung thread...

Here is my current toy... daily driver, toy, race car all in one!

200hp & 2600lbs & 1.01g Lateral on the Skid Pad... Wicked fun!

~LSx
Attached Images

LSxcellent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:51 PM   #38
Shadowsong

Drives: 2014 Mustang
Lets see if I can do this without being eaten alive.... lol

And thats my dad's toy (The H2) next to her....
flame all you want but I'll be in a camaro one day I promise.. lol
Shadowsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:36 PM   #39
zdriven08

Drives: 2000 Red Camaro Z28
Yea, that pewter z is my friends. That color is awesome in person, its a metallic color so looks clean all the time.
HP:340.16 TQ:339.98

1998 Black Camaro Z28
MODS: SLP Lid, QTP LT'S, 3" X- Pipe, RK Sport RamAir Kit, Free Mods, SLP Subframe Connectors
APPEARANCES: Chrome Z28 Emblems, RK Sport Clear Corner Lenses
HP: 345
zdriven08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:47 PM   #40
zdriven08

Drives: 2000 Red Camaro Z28
O yea, pewter and silver ARE completely different in person. Ws6 is silver, z on right in pewter metallic.

Car looks silver in this pic cuz as mentioned above its a metallic color so it jumps off in direct sunlight.

HP:340.16 TQ:339.98

1998 Black Camaro Z28
MODS: SLP Lid, QTP LT'S, 3" X- Pipe, RK Sport RamAir Kit, Free Mods, SLP Subframe Connectors
APPEARANCES: Chrome Z28 Emblems, RK Sport Clear Corner Lenses
HP: 345
zdriven08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 07:54 PM   #41
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
You know, for a stang, that's nice...Of course I'm just partial to silver and black

but is that a custom stripe paint job? Coz it looks pretty...
Old 06-19-2007, 08:01 PM   #42
marczsport
GM Forever!

Drives: 06' Envoy ; 05' Impala
Send a message via AIM to marczsport
My daily drivers...

They're not much, but the Impala will remain after 2009 as the "rainy day" car, and the TB will remain the wife daily driver / wintermobile....

Name:  TB and I.jpg
Views: 5533
Size:  126.3 KB
marczsport is offline   Reply With Quote