Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 10:13 AM   #15
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
I also have had it work both ways. I have had many VERY successful drop ships and one that certainly could have gone better. Turned out OK in the end for my customer, but he was not treated like the FIRST CLASS customer he should have been. That dealer put my customer behind his own.

That was also after my diligent work to find a good dealer to work with on the drop-ship. I too made MANY phone calls to find one I felt I could trust. There is no way we as salespeople can possibly know all the dealers outside our region. Sure, I know of a few that I would not hesitate to drop-ship to. But we don't know for sure until we have used them.

Scotty's words were a word of 'caution'. Take it for what it's worth...real-life experience!
Old 03-02-2010, 10:18 AM   #16
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by irocnroll View Post
How does the process of registration and getting plates for the car to drive out of state work? Say I am purchasing from CT from your dealership and drove the car home.
You get temp tags to drive the car home. You can finance your home state taxes and registration or pay them yourself when you get back to your state....not a complicated process
Old 04-01-2010, 06:12 PM   #17
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
A good road trip with your car as SOON as possible is about the best thing you could ever do for it. I totally support picking your car up if its a great distance...

I had to go on a 2000 mile trip after getting my car.... And the dealership is like 5 miles away >.>

Took the long way home lol.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:55 PM   #18
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
If any of you need a Long Island dealer to drop ship to, give me a call.

Of course we probably have your Camaro in stock but in the evnt we don't, give me a try.
Old 05-27-2010, 12:50 PM   #19
ChevyManNate

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS Rally Yellow
My family ALWAYS buys cars out of state. We have a residence in Alabama, so we buy the cars there and register them there and avoid some serious sales taxes. Cars are taxed at ordinary sales tax in Georgia, but not in Alabama. Its going to be a $1,200 difference on my Camaro when I get it. Which is hopefully tomorrow!
Old 06-28-2010, 11:28 PM   #20
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyManNate View Post
My family ALWAYS buys cars out of state. We have a residence in Alabama, so we buy the cars there and register them there and avoid some serious sales taxes. Cars are taxed at ordinary sales tax in Georgia, but not in Alabama. Its going to be a $1,200 difference on my Camaro when I get it. Which is hopefully tomorrow!
Nothing better than a tax savings!
Old 06-29-2010, 05:50 PM   #21
kylenewman

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Nothing better than a tax savings!
which is one of the reasons i enjoy living in NH. 0% sales tax.

Closed Thread