Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-10-2017, 06:19 PM   #1
tredye

Drives: 2012 RS LT convertible
Oem leather seat back cover

Has anyone replace there drivers side inferno orange leather back seat cover with the oem one? How easy was it ,I hear there is some hog rings in the back cover
tredye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 07:14 PM   #2
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
My black leather seatback on driver's side needed to be replaced under warranty.
There is one bolt on the back of each seat track rail connecting it to the floor which can be easily removed by moving the seat forward for access to the bolts. Then the electrical harness needs to be unplugged, which is a little tricky to detach. And seat then removed from car.

The switch panel needs to be detached part way and can be tied off to side.
There are long plastic strips around perimeter of seat back cover that need to be unfastened.
I made a thread showing the hog ring locations on the setback, unfortunately photobucket recently removed the direct link ability to the photos from our forum.
I've seen other threads that have a good write-up of each step that walks through it all. Dealing with the hog rings is the tough part, there are dozens of them. Be sure you have plenty on hand for replacement and the little pliers tool to attach them.
2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 11:34 PM   #3
tredye

Drives: 2012 RS LT convertible
So its not just a slip over cover ?
tredye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:49 AM   #4
Talladega

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
No they are not just slip covers. The entire cover, seat and back, is hog ringed on.
Talladega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 06:17 PM   #5
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
There is a zipper along the perimeter of the seat back that aids in installation of the hog rings. The material has a flap that covers the zipper.
Here is my driver's seat with the cover off and some Hog Ring locations marked with the red arrows.
The white rectangular panels contain the grid for the seat heater.
Still sitting on the seat frame with motors all attached. Switch side panel is hanging down on the side of table towards the floor.
(Photobucket holds my pics ransom these days can not directly link, unless i pay their new fees)
p.s. Often there are pics out in ebay of removed seat covers showing inside. In addition to the forum posts.
Attached Images

2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.

Last edited by ron123; 11-13-2017 at 01:38 PM.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote