Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > UK

Old 10-12-2018, 02:26 PM   #1
waylander

Drives: 2013 SS, SLK55, Mercedes GLC, Clio
emissions issues/CEL

OK so there's a little snag with regards to my proposed purchase, it's not a deal breaker providing the appropriate fixes can be made. Now I guess that the thing is that ANYTHING can be fixed with the application of enough money so I should make plain at this point that I'd be looking at a reasonably priced solution.

As far as I am aware the car has the following:

Hypertech tuning box
Borla exhaust
Decatted (though in fairness this may be a sports cat)
K&N CAI

Not sure if it's got headers

it had the CEL light on during the test-drive, now after new lambda sensors the CEL's off but the emissions of slightly off - not much, but enough to fail the MoT test (which is why it's in the UK section rather than the tuning bit).

Having had experience of similar on my current car (200 cell cats and mid-length 'headers') I suspect that the problem is related to the tune and cats, that is to say give it a good tune (SCT/Diablo etc) and the CEL will be good, along with the emissions or put on standard cats with the same effect.

Is the anyone around in the UK who could put me right on this or who wouldn't mind me chatting with them for 5 minutes or so?
waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 02:13 PM   #2
johndm

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by waylander View Post
OK so there's a little snag with regards to my proposed purchase, it's not a deal breaker providing the appropriate fixes can be made. Now I guess that the thing is that ANYTHING can be fixed with the application of enough money so I should make plain at this point that I'd be looking at a reasonably priced solution.

As far as I am aware the car has the following:

Hypertech tuning box
Borla exhaust
Decatted (though in fairness this may be a sports cat)
K&N CAI

Not sure if it's got headers

it had the CEL light on during the test-drive, now after new lambda sensors the CEL's off but the emissions of slightly off - not much, but enough to fail the MoT test (which is why it's in the UK section rather than the tuning bit).

Having had experience of similar on my current car (200 cell cats and mid-length 'headers') I suspect that the problem is related to the tune and cats, that is to say give it a good tune (SCT/Diablo etc) and the CEL will be good, along with the emissions or put on standard cats with the same effect.

Is the anyone around in the UK who could put me right on this or who wouldn't mind me chatting with them for 5 minutes or so?
UK BlownSS should be your man Tee Jay in the chat group on FB
johndm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:08 PM   #3
Uk Blown SS

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Or call me. 01883 730170. I will help if I can.
Uk Blown SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 03:13 PM   #4
waylander

Drives: 2013 SS, SLK55, Mercedes GLC, Clio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uk Blown SS View Post
Or call me. 01883 730170. I will help if I can.

I'll call you tomorrow noon(ish) if that's ok?
waylander is offline   Reply With Quote