Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #855
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
Quote:
Originally Posted by Likenother11 View Post
Thank you so much! Life saver... im getting tired of looking at the kit just sitting in my garage haha!
I have mine right in front of me. I'll see if may I can upload it or something.... it is pretty large, 1.5GB file
It also contains the PDF for written instructions. I'll PM you for Email address and send you that as I figure out the video deal.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:50 PM   #856
CamaroLS

Drives: 2014 Blue Ray Met. Camaro 1SS Vert
I like this system that way no tearing apart the headlights!!!
CamaroLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:23 PM   #857
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Yea I really like this kit by JDP as well, so much so I had it on my V6 and when I traded it for a SS this past August it was one of the first mods I did.
Attached Images

Old 12-28-2013, 03:37 PM   #858
Snickers
Rumblebee

Drives: ZL1 Rally Yellow
I got 2 problems with this halo kit.

First, my white is more like pink. First day after install, i think it was white with a light blue hue, which was ok (i prefer the perfect white of the stock halos though, but well, i can live with that). But recently i noticed it turned to a very pink hue, so much that different people occasionaly asked me why i have pink headlights.

Second is, the halos won't turn on when car is unlocked, as the halos now have their own system. So especially at night (but also at day of course) it just doesn't look right, everything lights up but the headlights stay dark. Wouldn't it be possible to tap into a cable of the original parking lights and connect to the switch that sits in the rocker panel, maybe with a diode? Or am i the only one who cares about the lights not lighting up on unlock?

These issues already made me think about going back to stock, but then again the cyan and the red just look so awesome on the car.
Snickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:24 PM   #859
SolomonAKOO

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
ANNOUNCMENT: JDP Motorsports is Finalizing it's Color Changing RS Halo Package!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickers View Post
I got 2 problems with this halo kit.

First, my white is more like pink. First day after install, i think it was white with a light blue hue, which was ok (i prefer the perfect white of the stock halos though, but well, i can live with that). But recently i noticed it turned to a very pink hue, so much that different people occasionaly asked me why i have pink headlights.

Second is, the halos won't turn on when car is unlocked, as the halos now have their own system. So especially at night (but also at day of course) it just doesn't look right, everything lights up but the headlights stay dark. Wouldn't it be possible to tap into a cable of the original parking lights and connect to the switch that sits in the rocker panel, maybe with a diode? Or am i the only one who cares about the lights not lighting up on unlock?

These issues already made me think about going back to stock, but then again the cyan and the red just look so awesome on the car.

Yeah I don't like the color of the white either but I usually just keep it on red or blue so it's not really too big of a deal. And I would also like it if they were on the same circuit as the original halos. But again not really too big of a deal.

Last edited by SolomonAKOO; 01-03-2014 at 09:50 PM.
SolomonAKOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:40 AM   #860
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
could someone pm me an install video? or some detailed instructions on how to install it?
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:37 AM   #861
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
In case anyone needs instructions on how to install the JDP Color Changing Halo Kit, Here it is !!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf JDP Halo Written Instructions.pdf (352.6 KB, 233 views)
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 12:33 PM   #862
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
We got what you need. Whether it’s a little HP or a lot we got you covered . Give us a call or PM us at any time.

Kind regards,

Brandon
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote