Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-28-2019, 10:45 AM   #28841
ItzaV6

Drives: 2015 1LT
Same. Unless you're racing or just have the money, there's really no need to buy an expensive SS.
ItzaV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2019, 11:56 AM   #28842
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Would not let me delete post soo I erased it.

Last edited by RubyCamaro; 07-03-2019 at 01:47 PM.
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 12:02 PM   #28843
12blkgrayRS

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 2LT 6spd man
4th V6 owner here. I thought I posted here before back in 2013. My first 6 was a 1980 V6 sport coupe. Had it for 10 years. when motor went out had about 3 V8s in it before I traded it. last motor was a 400hp 355 V8. I had it looking like a Bill Mitchell concept before getting rid of it.
then the 2012 RS V6, 2016 RS V6 (lost in Harvey), now another 2012 RS V6 (most of my track related parts fit on this from my previous car.)

current car:

12blkgrayRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 03:04 PM   #28844
RubyCamaro
Jan

Pics not showing up?
Old 05-22-2020, 08:43 PM   #28845
StormZ26

Drives: 2012 Camaro
Storm here. Let talk about those sixes...
StormZ26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:33 PM   #28846
RubyCamaro
Jan

Any other 5th Gen V6ers starting to feel the joy fade? I would have never thought I'd be saying this. I thought I'd keep it forever, & It is still possible that I will. I still get a permagrin when I drive it. But I have lost the desire to modify, race or even wash & detail it. I have also even toyed with the thought of selling it. Part of it is me getting older & just not feeling up to doing some of those things like & used to. Part of it is the fact that the new V6's render it not competitive on the track combined with me feeling my skills declining & as well as my ability to take the heat that comes with many race days. I can't stand the thought of selling it to someone who would not appreciate her history or take care of her like I have. And it is getting to be quite old now; still low mileage (nearing 40K) and runs like a dream. It has not had the timing chain done yet & no signs at all it is needed. It has never used a drop of oil & has always run great even much faster than it should have been bone stock. But........

Anyway, just wondering if other 5th gen V6 folks are feeling the same way.
Attached Images

Last edited by RubyCamaro; 05-26-2020 at 12:38 PM.
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 12:03 PM   #28847
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Any other 5th Gen V6ers starting to feel the joy fade? I would have never thought I'd be saying this. I thought I'd keep it forever, & It is still possible that I will. I still get a permagrin when I drive it. But I have lost the desire to modify, race or even wash & detail it. I have also even toyed with the thought of selling it. Part of it is me getting older & just not feeling up to doing some of those things like & used to. Part of it is the fact that the new V6's render it not competitive on the track combined with me feeling my skills declining & as well as my ability to take the heat that comes with many race days. I can't stand the thought of selling it to someone who would not appreciate her history or take care of her like I have. And it is getting to be quite old now; still low mileage (nearing 40K) and runs like a dream. It has not had the timing chain done yet & no signs at all it is needed. It has never used a drop of oil & has always run great even much faster than it should have been bone stock. But........

Ruby,

I still love mine and have been doing a lot of mods that will help with the next project, which is currently in preparations to completely strip her down and put a LS3/TR6060 in the nearish future. Going to take a wrecked 2013 2SS apart and putting all of the necessary things out of it into my 2LT. Getting a metal garage erected next to my current garage right now so I can drag to 2SS in there to get it started. I did in the not so distant past think about trading her in for a 2018 2SS/1LE but after the offer they gave me for my car I balked, and decided to go this route instead. Mine has 143K on her now so I did understand their low offer, but she still looks awesome and runs like a top. But I think this is the best way to go for my car, and going to be a hard, fun project for sure.
Old 06-02-2020, 02:25 AM   #28848
R_ch

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Has Anybody installed a E85 kit on a 2015 v6 Camaro?
R_ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 03:23 PM   #28849
Linker239

Drives: 2022 WC 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post

I’m getting to that point, mostly due to the expense of fixing things on it. I’ve got a 140,000 miles on it. I’ve put 1200 in it trying to get the transmission to stop leaking, still has a leak. The PCV line leaks oil out of the top of the motor and that’s a valve cover replacement. Which it hasn’t burned oil until this problem started. The rear differential needs replacement, and has started leaking and burning oil. I know it happens when vehicles get older but it’s starting to wear me out. I still love the car. When I drive it people still say cool car and comment on it a lot when I go places. I still love the sound of the exhaust, the motor still seems to be running strong. I do think the body style itself has aged well though. Idk I’m in the same boat.
2010 VR 1LT RS; Sold
Linker239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 05:38 PM   #28850
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Ruby, kinda, sorta, sometimes.
Then I open the shop door and realize what would I do without it?
Buy a 6th gen?
Blow 60k on a C8?
Motorcycle?
Jump outta planes?
Raise tigers?

Racing just doesn't interest me but detailing for shows/cars-n-coffee is still fun.

As far as getting older, I'm mid 50s and started a workout program last year as well as bouncing from keto to paleo diets. Besides losing weight my energy is back which seems to correlate to more interest in life.
Just fyi.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 10:05 AM   #28851
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Ruby, I know what ya mean. So I bought the Wife a 2017 for her B-Day and all the smiles are back!
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2020, 08:34 PM   #28852
Whoomba

Drives: 2024Camaro 2SS CE Convertible
I want a camaro that flies!
Whoomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 09:42 PM   #28853
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoomba View Post
I want a camaro that flies!
All Camaros have the ability to fly
Old 06-28-2020, 04:47 PM   #28854
xxLargo

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS
Hey guys, I’m brand new to this whole scene. I have a 2013 Camaro LS, and I wanna get the Halo Headlights. Is it better just to get an assembly of the Halo or just the ring kit from Oracle? Any advice helps. Thanks
xxLargo is offline   Reply With Quote