Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 11-30-2016, 10:54 AM   #1
bowtie_beauties

Drives: White SS & Green LT
Why won't it go in reverse? - 2011 SS 6-speed

My 2011 Camaro SS worked perfectly one day and then the next morning...an engine light comes on and my 6-speed won't go into reverse without A LOT of pressure to push it into gear. It's definitely not right.

After some research, it seemed like maybe the reverse lockout solenoid is bad? But, I have the same issue whether the car is on or off. If I have the same issue whether the car is running or not, it seems that this wouldn't be an electrical issue, would it?

Is it possible some type of spring is broken or something that's preventing the shifter from going into reverse easily?

There is no gear grinding. The clutch works fine. All the other gears work fine.

I checked a few fuses in the motor fuse bay. It seemed to be that fuses #2 and #19 were related to the transmission and those are fine.

Onstar gave me these error issues and codes:
Fuel system control module p2534

Air induction system p0102

Fuel management system p069e

Transmission system p0801, p080c

Any thoughts on what this could be?
bowtie_beauties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 04:00 PM   #2
V8only

Drives: 2012 camaro 45th 2ss/rs Centri SC
http://www.ls2.com/boggs/dtcs/DTC%20P0801.htm
V8only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 10:03 PM   #3
BigNate

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Supercharged
Mine just did this. The wires connecting the MAF sensor was touching a pulley. It rubbed enough to cause the red wire to ground and blow a 7.5 Amp fuse. I fixed the wire and replaced the fuse.

This caused the reverse lockout to fail, low voltage to MAF, low voltage to ignition switch, IMl illumination low voltage, fuel pump codes, throttle position sensor code.... All from that from one fuse... Car would jurk randomly like a loss of fuel pressure occurred and it idled rough. I thought something was seriously wrong since I'm surcharged... Thought I would have to retune. I even did the fuse pull, and disconnected the battery before I found the fuse.

This lesson has tought me to look at the fuses first!!!

I just wanted to post my solution to this similar problem for others searching.
Old 12-23-2016, 10:57 PM   #4
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Mine has done this twice with no code. Just goes away on its own and works normally. I think in my case it is a bad reverse lockout.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 11:04 AM   #5
Blown1LE

Drives: 2015 Supercharged Camaro 1LE
Old thread I know but here in Florida we had a cool morning and mine would not go into reverse at all. Managed to roll it out of the driveway and drove it around the block and it was fine so I’m guessing that solenoid was stuck.
Old 07-11-2020, 02:21 AM   #6
BIG NASST

Drives: 2013 2ss hotwheels
Mine just did this.Was backing up,pulled forward a little would not go into reverse. Cameras would not come on. All other gears shifted fine. It felt like it was in 5th gear. I was told to put shifter all the way to the right as hard as you can, I mean to the point where the shifter is almost bending I used 2 hands to do it,if the selenoid goes out, It should still shift using this method . I mean it felt like the stick shift was bending it was a lot of pressure but it did go in when I went to disengage it,it popped out a gear. Now its shifting normally like butter again. What concerns me is the car was like that for about 30 hours I shut it off I waited overnight and it still wouldn't go in to gear it didn't go into gear
until i jammed it into gear.
BIG NASST is offline   Reply With Quote