Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-10-2018, 10:42 AM   #29
Romeloc

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS RS A6 Inferno
my blend door as been broken about 2 years now
20% tints
Borla Atak cat-bak
Roto-Fab intake
amber footwell, dome, and trunk lighting(AAC)
Decepticon Gas door
Led Taillights (technostalgia)
Romeloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 12:30 PM   #30
Scotty D

Drives: 2014 1le 1SS CRMT
Anybody have a picture of the blend door by chance ??
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 04:30 PM   #31
Scotty D

Drives: 2014 1le 1SS CRMT
And I was wondering why my ac wasn’t workin
Attached Images

Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 06:50 PM   #32
Sleeper_Six

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
QUICK, TEMPORARY, EFFECTIVE FIX:

I have this issue, and can't afford to get it fixed properly right now. The HVAC tech pulled me aside and told me that if I just need to get through the Summer and save up to get it done professionally, I can pinch off one of the heater hoses going into the firewall to prevent hot coolant getting to the heater core.

I used a fuel line clamp on one of the heater hoses and it immediately cooled down and after a few minutes, it was like there wasn't even a problem.
Sleeper_Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 11:39 AM   #33
Dkcarter27

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Hello! Thanks for the info posted on the blend door. My car is in the shop right now as we speak and I was given a quote of $2900. Does anyone mind sharing with me the invoice or details of what your dealer charged to fix the blend door. They advised they would have to take out dash and winshield. I am trying to see why previous posters advised that they only paid $1500 and $1700. I live in North Carolina and curious about the vast difference in charge. I appreciate any help in advance.
I have a 2014 Chevy Camaro SS and 49,000 miles on it. I got it two years ago with 4,000 miles on it. I do have ext warranty but waiting to see if they will cover it. I do not want to shell out 3,000 and my monthly payment and I already paid for the warranty..doesnt make sense.
Thanks!
Dkcarter27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 05:56 PM   #34
ddaniels3968

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
My 2013 SS is at the dealer now for the blend door replacement, had the extended warranty which runs out this week. In 5 years I'm sure it will break again and I won't have a warranty anymore. Thanks Chevrolet, it will be difficult to purchase another vehicle from you after seeing how big this issue is and you refuse to acknowledge it by providing a TSB or even a better replacement part

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
ddaniels3968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:45 AM   #35
silverstorm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Started running this problem last week after going out to lunch. Noticed that the a/c wasn't blowing cold air and so I thought at first maybe it was that the car was too hot from being out in the sun so I turned it off and tried the a/c again after I got out of class..still wasn't working. So I went into a shop this morning and they told me it was the blend door, quoted me 970 in labor, they still have to find the part and get in touch with their windshield guy. Cold weather is approaching so it doesn't matter as much, but does anyone know if it will affect the heat?

Last edited by silverstorm; 10-01-2018 at 02:30 PM.
silverstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 10:43 AM   #36
gharper2

Drives: 2013 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstorm View Post
Started running this problem last week after going out to lunch. Noticed that the a/c wasn't blowing cold air and so I thought at first maybe it was that the car was too hot from being out in the sun so I turned it off and tried the a/c again after I got out of class..still wasn't working. So I went into a shop this morning and they told me it was the blend door, quoted me 970 in labor, they still have to find the part and get in touch with their windshield guy. Cold weather is approaching so it doesn't matter as much, but does anyone know if it will affect the heat?
Noticed yesterday that the heat was also affected. Last year, I noticed a ticking sound when the fan was on low to med, then over the Summer the A/C started blowing luke cool air.

Other than butchering the interior, I haven't researched any solution other than shelling out $1,500 to $2,700, which consist of mostly labor, to replace a part that's less than $50. Great engineering Chevy!
gharper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 11:09 AM   #37
Ryan63052

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
Is there 4 Actuators on the camaro ? Can you only get to two of the actuators without tearing the dash out ? I am having trouble finding the parts number for the left and right actuators.
Ryan63052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:45 AM   #38
Bretts
SS

Drives: 2015 2ss rs
random fix for mine was the pressure sender plug under my cCAI intake tube was getting banged from a camshaft installer misplacement
CCW sp16a track set, BTR stage 3 cam and kooks longtubes with high flow catsLocks@7.5 degrees castor and radius arm inserts, Ride Tech 2coilovers JDP upper control arm bushings BMR lower knuckle bushing Bo White throttle body3.91 gears Spohn del-sphere toe link and trailing arms Prothane subframe bushings
Bretts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 10:29 PM   #39
Rmerrell

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Has anyone achieved this repair without removing the windshield since the thread was started? I ordered the Haynes manual to start the work and will follow some of the pictures from the HUD install. Just wondering.

2014 Camaro SS with 45k on it.. sucks this shit breaks and is a common problem across the board on these cars.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
Rmerrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:47 AM   #40
Joecruiser

Drives: 2014 2-SSRS Slushbox
Damn...I was not aware of the blend door issue.
I have a 2014 with 33K miles...we can't be without AC in So FL.

So far, knock on wood, my AC is perfect.
I had a 2002 F-150 with this issue but I found a youtube hack where you can fix it without removing the dash. It worked!

Apparently there is no such hack for the Camaro
Joecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:30 AM   #41
rickjhouston

Drives: 2012 II SS
Details on Cutting Duct Work to Access Blend Door - Please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thef4ng View Post
I had my cracked windshield replaced by a shop. Been running like that for a few months now. No leaks or wind noise. If the technician knows what he’s doing they won’t leave any signs of damage.

Also had my blend door break too. The actuator work. But the door itself had broken in two pieces. I didn’t want to spend over a grand to have the dealer fix it. So I cut a panel under the dash on the drivers side to access it. Hardest part was getting the dremel in there.
===============================
Thef4ng -
Can you please send details on how / where you cut the Duct Work to Access the Blend Door? Also did you replace the Door or repair it? Lots of Pictures please !!

My 2012 II SS has the same problem and we need to fix it before the Houston Summer kicks in! For $1500 I’m keen to a modified approach.... Thanks - RickJHouston
rickjhouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:21 AM   #42
HyperV117

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322045

Dropping this in here for other people to see. I hope I never have this problem.