Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-02-2018, 07:48 PM   #15
cdb95z28

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE A10 BCD WCT+PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty Ice View Post
What about the Z28 DSSV struts/shocks with a set of BMR -1.00 springs? There is a set for sale for $1250 in the classifieds. Not sure how they would work together? But I do know the Z28 runs smaller sways with stiffer springs to counter body roll. Running weaker springs with the stiffer/bigger 1le sways might work? I think there is an issue with the rear SS type spring with the Z28 shock. Just trying to think outside the box...
I did a set of BMR 1" springs on my DSSV Z/28 dampers back in 2016 on my '14 1LE. The DSSV's have less travel than the 1LE stuff, so with a set of drop springs, the car will be riding on the bumpstops more. I ran with a Pedders front antiroll bar (ARB) and the 1LE rear bar, but I think going with the front 1LE ARB with the rear 1LE bar would have been a better setup, atleast to start out with. I was making lots of changes that summer, so I didn't have 100% confidence on the results. But even with the softer springs, the DSSVs have a ton of rebound damping, so you'll still feel that. Go to my public profile, I have a few pics of the swap. A Z/28 owner here on the forums did the Detroit Speed drop springs and ARBs. He liked the look of the drop and was happy with the on track performance.
Old 10-03-2018, 09:07 AM   #16
Matty Ice

Drives: 2015 SS/RS 1LE
Then wait for the B6's. I can guarantee you will not be disappointed, you will be asking why the F#ck did it not come from the factory this way. I had the dreaded BANG on my 13 1le and 15 1le, I have not had one bang with the B6's and I drive on some of the most crappiest roads. The B6's soak up the road imperfections so much better. They are just like the stock struts/shocks, just more refined/smoother.
Matty Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 09:16 PM   #17
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty Ice View Post
Then wait for the B6's. I can guarantee you will not be disappointed, you will be asking why the F#ck did it not come from the factory this way. I had the dreaded BANG on my 13 1le and 15 1le, I have not had one bang with the B6's and I drive on some of the most crappiest roads. The B6's soak up the road imperfections so much better. They are just like the stock struts/shocks, just more refined/smoother.
Are you using the stock springs and suspension?
Old 10-31-2018, 08:54 AM   #18
Redgt03

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
Anyone have any experience with Pedders Sports Ryder struts/shocks? After several months of delays on the Bilsteins I cancelled and I'm looking for something as well.
I have them on mine with BMR 1.4 springs, I am happy with them.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:53 AM   #19
Matty Ice

Drives: 2015 SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeperRS View Post
Are you using the stock springs and suspension?
No, I went with BMR -1.25 springs.
Matty Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:29 PM   #20
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Just need to make them available.
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 11:29 AM   #21
Mr. Hyde

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS
Swapped the Pedders Sports Ryder combo on over the weekend with BMR 1.4" springs and sway bars...rides better than I expected and of course keeps the car flatter in the curves and turns. A slight increase in NVH but overall I am very pleased. Even on the hard dips there's no scrapes or bottoming out. Oh and it looks badass
Mr. Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:14 AM   #22
Scotty D

Drives: 2014 1le 1SS CRMT
I also want the B6’s but I’m not sure if they will ever be available again SMH
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 04:19 AM   #23
2015_1LE_soon

Drives: 2015_1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz430camaro View Post
I love the way the car handles and rides with the factory 1LE stuff. Its firm but not too much and handles great on the street, best of both worlds. The banging sound comes from the front struts bottoming out when the wheel makes a sudden drop, when it happens the sound is super loud like someone hit the front end with a sledge hammer. Its a known problem with these cars and only happens on very specific bumps in the road. If you were in the car when it happened you would say "holy #hit" what the hell was that. So I am not being a cry baby about the way the car handles/rides but trying to fix a real problem with it. Its embarrassing when it happens and you have a passenger in it. I could take it to a dealer and probably have them replaced but they will just put the same parts on and it will probably will still do it.

I think I am going to wait for the B6 to come back out and give them a try on the front and see how it goes, i dont want to put some crazy money into the suspesion cause i only drive it on the street.

I've made many comments about this 'bang' that you speak of... I Continually insisted that the dealer change the strut, until they did… the problem was fixed completely, and I've never heard an issue with it whatsoever
2015_1LE_soon is offline   Reply With Quote