Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What is the Camaro's weakest link?
Camaro SS lower grill 10 6.13%
Must buy a package to get a single option 26 15.95%
Camaro weight 61 37.42%
0-60 time; 1/4 mile time 14 8.59%
Radio 10 6.13%
SS front bumper scoop (Mail slot) 6 3.68%
Camaro SS front bumper 7 4.29%
Potential price (I think it will be too expensive) 30 18.40%
Mpg on the V8 18 11.04%
Mpg on the V6 8 4.91%
They don't offer the color I really wanted 4 2.45%
Currently not offering Z28 27 16.56%
Trunk space 5 3.07%
Interior 5 3.07%
It doesn't really turn into giant alien robot with cannons 62 38.04%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2008, 11:59 PM   #15
brantley847
v It bites.

Drives: 2011 IBM 2SS/RS
Being a chevy man, as much as it pains me to say...this is one thing Ford has done well in the past. You can get any small detail such as...HID, rim/tires or spoilers for example...without having to purchase a WHOLE package. I am rather disappointed that I have to get an SS/RS to get my 400 hp and halos/rim package. I am rarely someone who gripes and moans, in fact I never have on this forum.....this is a drop dead gorgeous car, and every bit worth the mid 30ks for a V8....but there are some things after talking to dealers today that are very disappointing in my eyes...

1) the HUD is not available until 12/2009. This one makes absolutely ZERO sense to me...this is not new technology.

2) Assuming you want a V8, you now have to upgrade to the RS to get the halo/spoiler/tail lamp and rim package....so slapping the red SS badge will tact on additional funds on top of the base 29-30k?....this all before taxes and additional costs...or a sunroof

3) The ambient lighting is apparently offered on the LEATHER package only. NOT EVERYONE wants leather, especially not in Florida during the summer time...with my summer specific tires. I understand the lighting probably blends well with the leather...ok, but let me decide if I want to take that chance instead of burning my a-- on leather in 105 degree Florida Sun, and having to pay the additional costs for leather..It just sounds to me that with all these packages I will now I have to dish out 35+ for only a few small features?

Now don't get me wrong, I assumed you would pay a tad extra for a cool feature or two...but now I am buying an EXTERIOR and INTERIOR upgrade for features that really arent all that much to ask? We are shown this ignition video, and now I come to find THAT interior, spoiler, lights will only be available if you purchase an upgrade and leather? oh and some of the options arent available until December of 2009?!

With that said, I apologize for my rant. As a whole...this IS a beautiful car...I think you guys did a FANTASTIC JOB. However, this is my dream car, I would like small toys like halos/HID/HUD, and I really dont wish to wait another 16 months to get a some small feature that is already been in circulation for quite some time.

If I misinterpreted what I was told and read through these dealerships then I sincerely apologize.
brantley847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:16 AM   #16
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
I think its all about the weight. Its a bit too fat!
linkwpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 07:34 AM   #17
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
DOn't care about price, don't care about mpg.

I'd say bumpers and no Z28 which is a shame (not for the badge, but for the expected HP)
Old 07-23-2008, 09:23 AM   #18
diddiyo

Drives: .
- must buy package
- weight
- potential price
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:31 AM   #19
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I am so pissed that the Camaro will not turn into a giant robot! It's like GM intentionally falsely advertised that in the movie! If GM can't deliver high-quality transforming cars, then they should not be advertising them!
+2! This is egregious!!! I really want cannons for the idiots I have to share the road with in my area.

I can't really make a serious observation not having more official information. I'm not planning on being able to quantify actual performance times for a few years (until I can gather a good down payment and see a top dog) so until I see a good magazine (i.e. GM High Tech Performance) run times, I won't pass judgement. From the data I do know, it seems it should at least run with a SRT8 Chally', and that's DAMN good for sure.

I still would like cannons though...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:33 AM   #20
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
There's no shunt in trunk sticker.
Crap. I forgot about this one.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 09:36 AM   #21
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
I can't just let this go. I was expecting a freaking machine, not just a car. I wanted it to choose me like they said in the movie. I wanted to show up at the Chevy dealership and have a Camaro stand up, point to me, and say, "I want that one." Why did Chevrolet lie to me?
Does this post have a divine meaning to it Blur? *cough*
Old 07-23-2008, 09:37 AM   #22
The_Beast_
THE GoldMember

Drives: '92 Pathfinder A.K.A The BEAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
Being a chevy man, as much as it pains me to say...this is one thing Ford has done well in the past. You can get any small detail such as...HID, rim/tires or spoilers for example...without having to purchase a WHOLE package. I am rather disappointed that I have to get an SS/RS to get my 400 hp and halos/rim package. I am rarely someone who gripes and moans, in fact I never have on this forum.....this is a drop dead gorgeous car, and every bit worth the mid 30ks for a V8....but there are some things after talking to dealers today that are very disappointing in my eyes...

1) the HUD is not available until 12/2009. This one makes absolutely ZERO sense to me...this is not new technology.

2) Assuming you want a V8, you now have to upgrade to the RS to get the halo/spoiler/tail lamp and rim package....so slapping the red SS badge will tact on additional funds on top of the base 29-30k?....this all before taxes and additional costs...or a sunroof

3) The ambient lighting is apparently offered on the LEATHER package only. NOT EVERYONE wants leather, especially not in Florida during the summer time...with my summer specific tires. I understand the lighting probably blends well with the leather...ok, but let me decide if I want to take that chance instead of burning my a-- on leather in 105 degree Florida Sun, and having to pay the additional costs for leather..It just sounds to me that with all these packages I will now I have to dish out 35+ for only a few small features?

Now don't get me wrong, I assumed you would pay a tad extra for a cool feature or two...but now I am buying an EXTERIOR and INTERIOR upgrade for features that really arent all that much to ask? We are shown this ignition video, and now I come to find THAT interior, spoiler, lights will only be available if you purchase an upgrade and leather? oh and some of the options arent available until December of 2009?!

With that said, I apologize for my rant. As a whole...this IS a beautiful car...I think you guys did a FANTASTIC JOB. However, this is my dream car, I would like small toys like halos/HID/HUD, and I really dont wish to wait another 16 months to get a some small feature that is already been in circulation for quite some time.

If I misinterpreted what I was told and read through these dealerships then I sincerely apologize.
actually the amabient lighting comes standard with LT and up. so If your getting the V8 or even jst the LT you get the ambient lighting.

AUGUST 2009 AURORA HITSS THE SSTREETSS!!!!!

~MY SSCHEME: BLACK W/GOLD BUMPER 2 BUMPER Z-28 SSTRIPESS.~
^In the wise words of Pink, "NO NOT MUSTANG GOLD"

Forget a automatic, a MUSCLE car needs STICK! To bad I'm getting auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lonely Island
IM RIDIN ON A DOLPHIN DOIN FLIPS N' SHIT!!!!

May The Beast Rest In Peace. For Now.
The_Beast_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:01 AM   #23
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Beast_ View Post
actually the amabient lighting comes standard with LT and up. so If your getting the V8 or even jst the LT you get the ambient lighting.
Does this mean that Leather is standard on LT and above?

Because everything I've seen states the Lighting is available only with Leather.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:03 AM   #24
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
Does this post have a divine meaning to it Blur? *cough*
It just means I want my car to pick me out of a crowd instead of the other way around.

Imagine going to the mall, parking your car, and forgetting where it is. You can yell, "Camaro, where are you?" It'll stand up and wave at you. How sick would that be?
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:05 AM   #25
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
Quote:
It just means I want my car to pick me out of a crowd instead of the other way around.

Imagine going to the mall, parking your car, and forgetting where it is. You can yell, "Camaro, where are you?" It'll stand up and wave at you. How sick would that be?

LOL!
Old 07-23-2008, 11:09 AM   #26
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:

a car can do such a thing. if it's at the right price and it feels perfect when you sit in it then it's yours. I've sat in several different cars (all the same model) and didn't feel right in it. but then sat down in one and it just felt at home. . .lol.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:53 AM   #27
Myka
ritired suthern gentlman

Drives: nothing now
There are some shortcomings that are fine and expected in today's cars. My problem is that I feel we were mislead a little. Like with the weight, it was said that the car went to Jenny Craig and I thought I heard somewhere that the V8 would be 3700lbs but no where near 3850.

I also heard that it would have E85 and I was really hoping it would. I agree with others that it would have been nice to see 30mpg in the V6. The drag coefficient on the V8 is .35 so neither car is going to have the mileage of the Corvette because I believe its CE is .27. But being close would have been nice.

I really hate that 18's and 20's are standard on the V6 and V8. I can't believe that is the case. It definitely should have been an option. That is going to raise the base price. Which brings me to pricing. I realize that we have not been told pricing but I have a bad feeling. I really hope I'm wrong.

The performance times worry me a bit as well. It basically performs the same as the SS did 10 years ago. I realize there are many factors that go into this.

I also realize that many of these numbers are subject to change. I was really disappointed when I saw the spec sheet because I was so excited about this car coming back. So, try to go easy on me. I don't want to be labeled.
Myka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:58 AM   #28
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
a car can do such a thing. if it's at the right price and it feels perfect when you sit in it then it's yours. I've sat in several different cars (all the same model) and didn't feel right in it. but then sat down in one and it just felt at home. . .lol.
I felt that way in my Cobalt. It wasn't the most powerful or best car in the world, but it felt like home. I expect that with my Camaro as well.

I still want a transforming robot for a car, though. It doesn't matter how homely my Camaro is. If I can find a transforming robot car under $30k, I'm trading!
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote