Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Should GM have done more to separate the '11 synergy from the '10
Yes - they should have changed the name on the color for '11 10 6.17%
Yes - they should have retired the color 69 42.59%
No - it was a limited edition had nothing to do with color 67 41.36%
I have no idea what you are talking about but wanted to respond to a poll anyway 16 9.88%
Voters: 162. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-23-2010, 08:18 PM   #71
Taz_FL

Drives: 1LT/RS Yellow/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by formare View Post
I think that's the rub.. The color was to be limited. The package is nothing more than an optioned lt without the synergy paint. And the synergy color was only applied to the synergy edition in 2010, in other words you could not order the synergy color on any other option package.
I agree
Old 08-23-2010, 08:53 PM   #72
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Synergy Green

One of our local dealers has two of the Syenergy Green B2E packaged cars available still. One is as described in the earlier GM promotions and the second has a one off dealer installed G-Man option package............Larger wheels & Tire package, a custom exhaust package, tinted windows, a custom nose to tail GT style painted stripe package and more...its very sweet.

http://northmyrtlebeachchevy.com/fin...le=-1&compare= Green Metallic&bodystyle=-1&compare=

Quote:
Brand New Color - Synergy Green! Rocky Ridge Conversion- New G-Man Package....One of a Kind with Custom Wheels, performance tires, tunes chamber x-pipe stainless exhaust, 1" lowering kit, flat black exterior striping, carbon fiber intake box, tuned suspension system, cold air intake, carbon fiber bowtie, carbon fiber tailight bezels, carbon fiber engine cover, carbon fiber fuel panel cover, upgraded sway bars. *REAR SPOILER*BOSTON ACOUSTICS AUDIO SYSTEM.
The pics in the link ad are of the base B2E car and not the one described above...........
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:52 PM   #73
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
One of our local dealers has two of the Syenergy Green B2E packaged cars available still. One is as described in the earlier GM promotions and the second has a one off dealer installed G-Man option package............Larger wheels & Tire package, a custom exhaust package, tinted windows, a custom nose to tail GT style painted stripe package and more...its very sweet.

http://northmyrtlebeachchevy.com/fin...le=-1&compare= Green Metallic&bodystyle=-1&compare=

The pics in the link ad are of the base B2E car and not the one described above...........

LOL!!!! Are they F N high! $42k for a 2010 Synergy! Good luck with that one.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:59 PM   #74
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
Really?

Brand New Color - Synergy Green! Rocky Ridge Conversion

WTF is that?
Old 08-24-2010, 08:12 AM   #75
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
If I review the official gm media release it make no mention of the clause in red:

http://publish.media.gm.com/content/...y_green_camaro

I suppose if anything I failed to be an informed consumer...

DETROIT – Hot and cool exterior colors are a part of Chevy Camaro history. Now the 2010 model is getting its own.

Chevrolet today debuts the Camaro Synergy Special Edition with pricing starting at $26,790. Synergy will be produced in limited quantities from February to May.

“Synergy Green continues a long tradition of dramatic Camaro colors,” says Camaro historian Scott Settlemire. “Some of the most sought-after Camaros are first generation cars – those from 1967 to 1969 – in Hugger Orange, Daytona Yellow, and Rallye Green.”

The 2010 Camaro Synergy Special Edition is based on a Camaro 1LT, with a 3.6L direct injection V-6, paired with either a six-speed manual or automatic transmission. The powertrain has become a benchmark for the segment by offering a combination of performance and efficiency: The V-6 delivers 304 horsepower and 273 lb.-ft. of torque, and returns up to 29 mpg on the highway.

The Synergy Green exterior color was first previewed at the 2009 Specialty Equipment Manufacturers (SEMA) show. In production form, the Synergy Green is accented by Cyber Grey Rally Stripes running the length of the Camaro hood and rear deck. Other exterior features include a standard rear spoiler, and standard 19 inch, Sterling Silver painted wheels wrapped with P245/50R19 tires.

The color scheme is mirrored on the interior, with Synergy Green instrument panel and door inserts. Synergy Green stitching also accents the Jet Black cloth seats, steering wheel, shift knob and center console.

“Just as those colors helped make the first generation Camaro an icon, modern colors like Inferno Orange, Rallye Yellow Transformers Edition and Synergy Green will define the 2010 Camaro,” Settlemire said.

The Special Edition also includes the Camaro Convenience and Connectivity Package, with Bluetooth phone connectivity, USB port for MP3 players, and remote vehicle start for models equipped with an automatic transmission.

“The Synergy Special Edition package is designed for customers who want a unique performance car at an attainable price,” says Camaro marketing manager John Fitzpatrick. “For under $27,000, Camaro Synergy Special Edition offers standout styling, modern technologies like Bluetooth, and 304 horsepower under the hood.”
The press release isnt the place you would state market demand. Its meant to showcase what the new product is and give some marketing backround to the product. There was a specific website on Chevrolet.com that was dedicated to the Synergy Green Edition when it came out that had the FAQ on it. It looks like Chevy took it down though as its no longer available. I checked Google Archives too and cant find it. The reason I know this is because I wanted the Synergy Green Edition and read up everything I could on the car. And that site specifically said the color may be available in the future. This was why I held off on buying the car because I wanted the color in a 2LT model with the RS package.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:16 AM   #76
Tactical Z
Banned

Drives: Nissan Titan
1. What's the difference?
2. It's still the same color, just because you got yours in a fancy smancy package and you're so proud it's a limited edishun, doesn't mean they should change the name of the color just for those who bought the LT Limited Edition. Hell, that's like saying because I bought a Silver Camaro, no one else should be allowed to buy them in Silver, that makes no sense...
Tactical Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:36 AM   #77
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Z View Post
2. It's still the same color, just because you got yours in a fancy smancy package and you're so proud it's a limited edishun, doesn't mean they should change the name of the color just for those who bought the LT Limited Edition. Hell, that's like saying because I bought a Silver Camaro, no one else should be allowed to buy them in Silver, that makes no sense...
What hes saying is that the impression GM made when the package was released is that the Synergy Green Color was limited to just that package and shouldn't have been available on any future production vehicle of this car.

I understand his reasoning, but there were specifics on their site that said the color could be opened up in the future based on market demand.
irocnroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 08:43 AM   #78
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandi576 View Post
Foremare, its no use arguing with the people that didnt buy the 2010 sgm special limited edition because they just dont get it! All i have to say is thank u gm for marking my car up 3,000 for the special green thread!! It sure was worth labeling it special limited edition for that!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandi576 View Post
Oh so what a 1lt is not worth what people pay for them, is that what your trying to imply?..and i will thank gm , i mean come on lets call a car a special limited edition when the only special freaking thing your getting is some damn green thread, give me a break why even bother!?
You stated yourself to "thank GM" for marking your car up $3,000. if you felt that was too high, then you shouldn't have bought it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketel0ne View Post
Actually no, I couldn't get a spoiler unless I got an RS or SS, I couldn't get most if not all of the other options on LS. Some of the options would have still had additional costs even on a 2LT and may not have been available on a 1LT. So they added value to the 1lt I was buying in combination.

It was better optioned than any 1LT sold in 2010. IMO.
Only things on the Synergy that would be extra on the 2LT without the RS would be the spoiler and the colored door panels. (The sunroof would be an option) And the 2LT would have the leather seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Z View Post
I couldn't agree more to this Tac.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:01 AM   #79
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
Its pretty easy to identify the drivers who are under 25 and the drivers who are over 40 just on the comments alone - no?
Old 08-24-2010, 02:24 PM   #80
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
- the only special thing about the synergy special edition was the synergy color option. Other wise the edition is just an optioned (1LT).... ...

Not quite true.

The Limited Edition 2010 Synergy also included Green door inserts and IP insert as well as green seat stitching. Those items do not come with a 2011 Camaro when you order Synergy Green.

Here's a perfect lesson where no matter what you do, you can't make everyone happy.

We offered Synergy Green (a very controversial color, I might add) as a "Spring Special" if you will. Specials are usually limited to certain packages and have special equipment (in this case the interior items mentioned above) You'll recall that there were very limited options (sunroof/convenience pkg/trans choice) and, as was mentioned, it was only available on a 1LT. You could not get it with an LS - a 2LT -- or any SS. You could not order the RS package. Limited Edition. Limited Run.

If you were to go back in history to when we first announced the package, there was an uproar from the Camaro Community - making it clear that we should have offered the Synergy Green color on all models.

Just offering a new color isn't a Limited Edition - it's only a color - nothing other than that........

Well - we listened to you - and so you can order Synergy Green for a limited time on any 2011 Camaro.

Does that make everyone happy?

Nothing that I know of will.

Repeating - the "Spring Edition" Camaro had Green door/IP panels and green seat stitching. (also cyber gray stripes were standard) The 2011 Camaro in Synergy Green will NOT have Green interior panels or green stitching -- and you can order it with various stripe packages - or no stripe package whatsoever. You can also order wheel options - on the 2010 Model, you could not.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:30 PM   #81
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by robsls3 View Post
All it was dealers probably cried to GM they wanted a SS in synergy green to sell by request. So in a nut shell they released it. Money talks!
Actually the dealers never said much - -our customers requested it - and we listened to them.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:39 PM   #82
formare
The Milano

Rock / GM / hard place

Guess pleasing everyone can only happen when segmented into groups and measured over time thank you for the message fbodfather...
Old 08-24-2010, 06:21 PM   #83
PSSIRAB

Drives: 2010 Synergy - 2017 Krypton 1LE
A question I have not seen asked in this thread is - for all of those who purchased a 2010 model (myself included), would you have done something else if you had known that you could purchase synergy green in any model? For us, we would have purchased a 1LT/RS. That is pretty much what we got. With stripes and interior trim included.
PSSIRAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:13 PM   #84
formare
The Milano

I would have gotten an ss/rs and likely purchased a maggie at some point. The color was what drew me to purchase a camaro so I settled on the 1lt. I had no knowledge nor was any Internet source available to me to learn gm had plans to offer the color on all trim levels in the future. I was informed by the gm authorized distributor (dealer) that this color was limited and would never be produced again.

I respect fbodfather and appreciate his position that GM was giving the customers what they requested IMO in doing so GM gave up a substantial amount of credibility. We 2010 folks were simply marketing test subjects. Unfortunately some of us purchased based on a "limited release" concept. Using the limited release as a way to market the color then using those sales numbers to justify even more production seems well ... dodgey...

But, as fbodfather said, gm is just doing what the customers are asking them to do and if it sales a few more camaros then that ain't bad either.

The real question is - how many 2010 folks will trade up to a 2011 to get the color with a v8 drivetrain. Then the color can be credited for selling two units to a single purchaser. Score :-) ...