Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 02-10-2016, 01:32 PM   #15
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
Thanks again guys.

Gas prices for me is not a deal breaker for I have seen and paid upwards of $4 regular in WA. I did experience the traffic around Sacramento when I went to visit last year but living on I-5 in the past I was used to it. It is crazy how fast people go on those Highways though.

Here in MT, just to give you guys a figure, milk is $2.49-$4.50ish depending on brand/store. Gas, I really don't check I just fill up, but I think around $1.89 for regular so $2.09 for premium. Last fill up from empty was around $35-$40 in my Camaro. Those gas prices just started to come down too.

I am looking forward to the car culture there. Here its on the rare side. Awesome people though(most of them lol).

What is this tax per mile?

I have seen the many Camaros stolen and stripped apart on here. I will look into my insurance and make adjustments. A garage is a must for me.

This is mostly for my fiancée but I'm willing to experience something new. I do appreciate the different views and opinions from everyone. I cant really see myself with nothing to do in CA unless I'm unwilling to drive but that wont be a problem. In WA I felt like there was something for everyone. Cars, hunting, beach, fishing, boating, snow boarding, hiking, arts, and lots of indoor activities.

Do you guys know anyone with out state plates? How long did they have them on?
Old 02-10-2016, 02:18 PM   #16
rray

Drives: 2013 GAZ 2SS/RS
I'm bailing out of the bay area to retire in the Boise area. Insane traffic, no water, elbows to aholes crowds at every restaurant, movie theater, or function is maddening. Rules, laws, taxes, and Prius's messing up quality of life.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2016, 02:39 PM   #17
Mkn95u0

Drives: 2012 IBM L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
Negatives: They are all in California. Traffic sucks ass. Gas prices. Taxes.

Positives: It's a short drive out of the state? In and out!

In all seriousness, you pay a huge premium on everything here. Weather, gas, taxes, taxes, registration, taxes, wait I think I'm missing something.....Did I say taxes? Property tax is 1.8ish % and depending on the area it can go over 2.2%, most areas you are paying a premium for a nice house but in reality you are getting a house that is considered a mediocre house elsewhere (example, my house in say Texas would be on 1/2 an acre and cost just over $200k, my house is actually on a 7700 sq ft lot and cost more than 3X's that much).

I live in a nice area, I know its nice because its where the little thieving bastards come with they want new shit. So my property taxes are higher, I pay for schools I do not have kids in, we are in a drought because water is being diverted because of a damn fish that isn't supposed to be in a specific waterway, and we have been ordered to stop outdoor watering until March. So I have a big(ish) house with a dead lawn, break-ins in broad daylight while responsible adults are at work and I'm getting taxed over $1.57 per gallon on gas ($2.55 yesterday for 87 octane). Don't even get me started on the winter/summer blend for gas here.

Meanwhile the local police department sets up speed traps to generate revenue instead of trying to find the idiots breaking into houses and stealing cars, tools, etc out of peoples driveways.

God forbid you want to buy a gun.......

I've lived here almost all of my life (spent 5 years on the east coast while in the military, rest of my career was here) and I've watched it sink lower and lower every year. My wife is taking a job in San Antonio later this year and we are running as fast as we can. I love the weather, but there is only so much crap you can be expected to put up with for 85* February days.
This pretty much sums it up for me. couldn't have said it better myself. and this was when i lived in Orange County. I'm now in LA county and it's worst (which mind you, i didn't think was possible).

Taxes. Lots of traffic. Smog Check points. CARB. Taxes. Traffic. everything is expensive. Houses are way over priced. can't use your hose, can't wash your car / water your lawn, hose off the driveway. Taxes. Traffic. Everyone is in a rush to get everywhere.

But other than that, it's nice here. we have 1 season year around that takes PTO a few times a year where you get a day of rain followed by a week of 100* weather.

In terms of cars, it's the worst state possible for modifications, i think this much is common knowledge though. I think there might even be a sticky about laws specific to cali on here.

Oh, and being as though you're looking up north, Locking Lug Nuts are a must (more than just 1 key). in car GPS is highly recommended, and after reading all the stories, it might not be a bad idea for locking hood pins.
10.722 @ 132.21mph DA: 850 | 645rwhp/581rwtq (12/3/2017)M
10.609 @ 130.19 DA: 975 | 675rwhp/629rwtq (2/16/2020)D
Build: E-Force w/ 3.25" pulley (11lbs of boost), 10% OD under pulley, Fore Dual Fuel System, ID850's, AEM CAI, Borla Long Tubes, Flowmaster Super 10's, Circle D 3200 converter 258mm triple disc lockup, cam 226/242 116+4 LSA, ZL-1 Rear end, E85 & BRC Raceworks Tune (previously known as CMS)
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/c/RobertMitchellRCM

Mkn95u0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:39 PM   #18
stearns.mw

Drives: Camaro ZL1
You should think of Southern Oregon. weather is almost like Northern California

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stearns.mw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:19 PM   #19
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
In the Sac area the car events are

http://www.carsandcoffeefolsom.com/
http://www.eurosunday.net/
http://sacramentoraceway.com/wednesdaynight.html
http://www.thunderhill.com/
http://m.racesonoma.com/
http://www.norcalcamaros.us/

I have yet to hear about any Camaro theft in Sac reported to the Nor Cal Facebook page. The bay area is a different story. I don't take my car there unless Im just driving straight through. Some Bay area members have installed the Ravelco device. It did save one ZL1 in the San Jose area.

So.far the known method is.
Kick in fog light and cut alarm wire
Break door lock
Replace ecm with hacked ecm
Disconnect onstar
Gone
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 07:20 PM   #20
Nor Cal ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns.mw View Post

Southern Oregon is fantastic.
Nor Cal ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 11:10 PM   #21
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
What is it like to live in CA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns.mw View Post

We were actually looking up there for a while too. I like the no sales tax thing. lol. Our issue was a lack of jobs unless we went closer to Potland.

Old 02-11-2016, 02:41 PM   #22
kmarshall2121

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
so many people talking about how much more things are in Cali, but they fail to mention that wages are also higher. I am getting paid 4 times here than what I was getting paid in Iowa for the same profession. Do your research on the web to find out what job you will be doing here will pay you. You'll probably be pleasantly shocked.

.... oh, yea - and I love it here!
kmarshall2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 08:31 PM   #23
Cummaro

Drives: 12' Grey SS, Red racing stipes
Those that hate living in cali are just plain bitter. Get a job in another state and tell us how it goes. If you dont like it here get outta here! There is a reason why the population is HUGE in cali. Every place has cons but at some point one location has more pros. I have lived in lexington, ky and chicago. I can say that cali is spoiled with having almost everything you can think of.
Cummaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 08:33 PM   #24
Cummaro

Drives: 12' Grey SS, Red racing stipes
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarshall2121 View Post
so many people talking about how much more things are in Cali, but they fail to mention that wages are also higher. I am getting paid 4 times here than what I was getting paid in Iowa for the same profession. Do your research on the web to find out what job you will be doing here will pay you. You'll probably be pleasantly shocked.

Amen brotha
Cummaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:15 PM   #25
Shark72

Drives: '16 Z06/Z07, '15 Z/28,1972 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummaro View Post
Amen brotha
^^^+1
2015 Z/28 #642 Black Bad Ass
Shark72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:19 PM   #26
CCMADONNA

Drives: 2014 SW 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarshall2121 View Post

+1,000,000
Attached Images

2014 2SS/RS VERT L99
SUMMIT WHITE
AIRAID CAI
BORLA ATAK CAT-BACK EXHAUST
ELITE ENGINEERING CATCH-CAN
RANGE AFM-DELETE MODULE
HUPER OPTIK 40
CHROME PEDALS
PREMIUM FLOOR MATS
PREMIUM CARGO MAT
DEDICATED 32GB iPHONE HD
[/I][/B][IMG][/IMG]
CCMADONNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:07 PM   #27
WOLFHOUND

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Move back to western wa. Houses 1/3 the price, no state income tax, Zl1 registration about 60.00 and high wages. I have lived in ca 40 years north and south. Left 12 years ago and just don't miss it.
WOLFHOUND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 04:10 AM   #28
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Some of us make the same $$$ no matter where we go because our industry has a competitive pay scale so that is irrelevant for me.

I'm sick of paying close to $3.00 per gallon for 91 and seeing a buddy pay $1.39 for 93.

I'm hoping to be out of this shittastic state before Christmas. I'll miss 90* February days but that's about it.