Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-05-2010, 12:18 AM   #15
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONMAN_830 View Post
Silly Mike 5.0's are for kids...lol...Get the 2SS it's the shizz nit.

You will feel like a big dawg riding in it.
well thats one kid i wouldn't mess with in your stock car
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:19 AM   #16
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Go with a 2SS RJT and send it to Lingenfelter. Yes the 2011 Mustang is lighter as Mike stated, but it's still not as nice looking as the Camaro. I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, which leads me to believe people that buy Mustangs are visually impaired. Go with the 2SS or wait for the 6.8L Challenger. Just my .02
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:31 AM   #17
SSC Super Venom
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT + 2010 Camaro 2SS
Ok... I am one of the few fans here who are not biased. So my opinion is probably the best. I also own both and want a challenger. So ok first up the Mustang.

If you want a car that is stunning the Mustang is for you. But it needs the free racing stripes to keep up in the looks department with the Camaro and Challenger. It rides great. It handles insanly good and has the engine power to match it. If you want someone to get in your car and be like holly s*** its the car for you. P.S it slaugtered my Camaro on the drag strip and both my Camaro and Mustang killed the SRT-8 challenger that is 10-12 k more which is a big ripoff

#2 The Camaro.
If you want a car that everyone will stare at you in regardless of what their doing this is the car. The interior feels somewhat empty. The soundsystem is great! Most of the cars interior is made of cheap ugly plastic. The cars handling is somewhat sluggish but the growl the engine makes takes your mind off of it. The visibility IMO is garbage. But thats the beuty of it being a daily driver you adapt to it just like any other vehicle. Its not all that bad once you drive it a few times. The car IMO require rally stripes anyways it sticks out no more than a Mustang. The ride is quite comfertable. Not like your CTS but its not built like that. One thing mustangs fans rag on me about ( even now I have one) is that it does not have true duel exhausts. It has on single pipe that splits into to at a box. It has some mean exhausts that pack some back fire but I tell every one its just growling at you.
Also price wise the Mustang is the best bang for the buck Interior exterior and engine wise. The Camaro isnt all that bad either. Challenger gets disqualifyed cause of price and performance. To much crappy performance for the price. These Camaro guy are a little irratable after the 5.0 came out so give them some time. On average the Mustang will save you about 2k
SSC Super Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:34 AM   #18
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
i am telling him the better deal..... you get more with the GT period.... the gt is faster. and in every test even the 2010s GTs handles better then the challenger and camaro... i mean it only makes sense... its lighter.. smaller... now it has 400+ hp and weighs like 3600 pounds... like 150-200 pounds lighter then the camaro.... come on people
accept the fact that theres a better car out

the mustang is like a sports/muscle car... the camaro is just a muscle car.. is you want the best bang for you buck its the mustang...

at the time the camaro was the thing to get... now its the mustang... it always changes thats life.... something new and better always comes out...
I'm still waiting on these numbers for the stang. . .seriously handles better? the reviews I read about the 2010 with the track pack made it out like they could barely keep it on the road to pull the lap times they were. IF they didn't get new rubber on the 2011 stang it will be worse. the only real increase you'd see is in the straights. but then you'd still have to slow down to the same speed and feather that peddle to keep the rear end from spinning you around.

like I said value is in the eye of the beholder. and although it's faster in the 1320 doesn't mean it's better over all.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:48 AM   #19
mikeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSC Super Venom View Post
Ok... I am one of the few fans here who are not biased. So my opinion is probably the best. I also own both and want a challenger. So ok first up the Mustang.

If you want a car that is stunning the Mustang is for you. But it needs the free racing stripes to keep up in the looks department with the Camaro and Challenger. It rides great. It handles insanly good and has the engine power to match it. If you want someone to get in your car and be like holly s*** its the car for you. P.S it slaugtered my Camaro on the drag strip and both my Camaro and Mustang killed the SRT-8 challenger that is 10-12 k more which is a big ripoff

#2 The Camaro.
If you want a car that everyone will stare at you in regardless of what their doing this is the car. The interior feels somewhat empty. The soundsystem is great! Most of the cars interior is made of cheap ugly plastic. The cars handling is somewhat sluggish but the growl the engine makes takes your mind off of it. The visibility IMO is garbage. But thats the beuty of it being a daily driver you adapt to it just like any other vehicle. Its not all that bad once you drive it a few times. The car IMO require rally stripes anyways it sticks out no more than a Mustang. The ride is quite comfertable. Not like your CTS but its not built like that. One thing mustangs fans rag on me about ( even now I have one) is that it does not have true duel exhausts. It has on single pipe that splits into to at a box. It has some mean exhausts that pack some back fire but I tell every one its just growling at you.
Also price wise the Mustang is the best bang for the buck Interior exterior and engine wise. The Camaro isnt all that bad either. Challenger gets disqualifyed cause of price and performance. To much crappy performance for the price. These Camaro guy are a little irratable after the 5.0 came out so give them some time. On average the Mustang will save you about 2k

that is very well put thank you, i have hope for some people.

i think it very cool how you have the 5.0 and the SS.. my friend is getting the 5.0L
Old 07-05-2010, 12:50 AM   #20
mikeSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
I'm still waiting on these numbers for the stang. . .seriously handles better? the reviews I read about the 2010 with the track pack made it out like they could barely keep it on the road to pull the lap times they were. IF they didn't get new rubber on the 2011 stang it will be worse. the only real increase you'd see is in the straights. but then you'd still have to slow down to the same speed and feather that peddle to keep the rear end from spinning you around.

like I said value is in the eye of the beholder. and although it's faster in the 1320 doesn't mean it's better over all.
are you saying the camaro handles better?
Old 07-05-2010, 01:01 AM   #21
SSC Super Venom
Account Suspended

The Camaro does not handle better!
Its like comparing a Jack Rabbit to a Tortise with the Mustangs Handling.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:03 AM   #22
mikeSS

Quote:
The Camaro does not handle better!
Its like comparing a Jack Rabbit to a Tortise with the Mustangs Handling.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:12 AM   #23
SSC Super Venom
Account Suspended

boxmonkeyracing
Stang_Killer
2010 SSRS
IRONMAN_830
CamaroFTW

I am pretty sure he said honest and not biased Bull S***

I will admit my Camaro looks better than my Mustang but that doesn't mean the Mustang is ugly

Truthfully I have seen more Camaros than new Mustangs. Sales back me up so far the Camaro won 9/13 months

To be honest for you the only thing the Camaro has on the Mustang is looks. In every other department I like my Mustang better.

It comes down to this. Drive a good looking car with power, price, performance, quality and durability (Mustang)

Or drive a car where these guys pretty much prove it all you can rely on in a comparison is looks (Camaro)

The Camaro was not built to last IMO just like other GM cars I owned ( Buicks, Cadillacs and Chevy's)

Already my seat broke the A/C is weak the exhausts rattles one of my speakers is fuzzy and the paint is extremely cheap ( I don't blame GM for that I blame Al Gore LOL.)
Old 07-05-2010, 01:20 AM   #24
winston2ss
YDLYLB

Drives: Cgm 2ssrs
test drive all 3. get what you like. now that that's said F a mustang and challenger!!!!!
winston2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:32 AM   #25
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Quote:
boxmonkeyracing
Stang_Killer
2010 SSRS
IRONMAN_830
CamaroFTW

I am pretty sure he said honest and not biased Bull S***

I will admit my Camaro looks better than my Mustang but that doesn't mean the Mustang is ugly

Truthfully I have seen more Camaros than new Mustangs. Sales back me up so far the Camaro won 9/13 months

To be honest for you the only thing the Camaro has on the Mustang is looks. In every other department I like my Mustang better.

It comes down to this. Drive a good looking car with power, price, performance, quality and durability (Mustang)

Or drive a car where these guys pretty much prove it all you can rely on in a comparison is looks (Camaro)

The Camaro was not built to last IMO just like other GM cars I owned ( Buicks, Cadillacs and Chevy's)

Already my seat broke the A/C is weak the exhausts rattles one of my speakers is fuzzy and the paint is extremely cheap ( I don't blame GM for that I blame Al Gore LOL.)
I didn't mean to come across as biased. Excuse me if I did. Before I bought my SS I test drove the Challenger SRT8, GT500 and then my SS before pulling the trigger.

The Challenger was nice and roomy but in my opinion it felt as big as it looked and I couldn't get past the fact I thought it was over priced.

The GT500 was by far the best with all things considered. The handling was great, interior was the best IMO and we all know it's not short on power.

The SS didn't blow me away on my test drive but I was impressed. I was already sold on the looks and I was impressed by it's power. I don't think the interior is great by any stretch but it's not as bad IMO as some people make it out to be.

I chose the SS due to it's combination of power, comfort, bang for the buck and looks. I told myself I could strap a blower, CAI, sway bars and springs and still be under the cost of the GT500 (which I was leaning towards) and have the same, if not more power than the 500.

The new 5.0 is impressive and I'm sure it's a fun car to own but it's not for me. In the 11 months I've had my Camaro I've grown to love it and I'm happy with my choice. If I come across as bias then I apologize. What I won't apologize for is the fact that I won't jump ship to the 5.0 just because it's lighter, faster and the sexier pick right now.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:49 AM   #26
SSC Super Venom
Account Suspended

The new 5.0 is impressive and I'm sure it's a fun car to own but it's not for me. In the 11 months I've had my Camaro I've grown to love it and I'm happy with my choice. If I come across as bias then I apologize. What I won't apologize for is the fact that I won't jump ship to the 5.0 just because it's lighter, faster and the sexier pick right now.[/QUOTE]

I like that style right there. I just couldnt jump ship so I finaced to have both. I almost traded it in had the amount for it and everything set and when I was supposed to bring her (Emily) in that morning she looked at me and I relized I can't let her go cause those 8 months with that car are some of the best I had.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:07 AM   #27
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Quote:

I like that style right there. I just couldnt jump ship so I finaced to have both. I almost traded it in had the amount for it and everything set and when I was supposed to bring her (Emily) in that morning she looked at me and I relized I can't let her go cause those 8 months with that car are some of the best I had.
See, we aren't so different.

Bottom line is that we share a love and passion in great cars and the competitiveness that's always been around in the Camaro/Mustang/Challenger crowd. Us as consumers benefit every time GM, Ford or Dodge one ups the other.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:48 AM   #28
1badSS/RS

Drives: Rally Yellow Transformers pkg
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston2ss View Post
test drive all 3. get what you like. now that that's said F a mustang and challenger!!!!!
1badSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote