Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: SSC Ultimate Aero vs. Bugatti Veryon
Bugatti Veryon 26 54.17%
SSC Ultimate Aero 18 37.50%
Neither 4 8.33%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2010, 10:18 PM   #29
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 View Post
ZENVO ST1
This should be the direction taken with the C8 Corvette.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:51 PM   #30
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
This should be the direction taken with the C8 Corvette.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:10 PM   #31
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Well it looks like the Bugatti is back on top..!!

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Super Sport sets land speed record at 267.81 mph!

As production of the Bugatti Veyron winds toward its eventual conclusion, Bugatti has created what is likely to be the ultimate version of its world-beating hypercar: the Super Sports. Bugatti sent its official test driver Pierre Henri Raphanel out on Volkswagen's Ehra-Lessian high-speed oval with the first Super Sports to see just what it could do. With representatives of the Guinness book of records and German Technical Inspection Agency (TÜV) on hand, Raphanel made passes around the big oval in both directions.

With output bumped up from 1,001 horsepower to 1,200 horsepower, torque swelling to 1,106 pound-feet and a revised aerodynamic kit, Raphanel managed runs of 265.9 and 269.8 mph for an average terminal velocity of 267.81 mph and a new world record for a production car.

The first five production Super Sports will sport the same black and orange finish as the record car and all production models will be electronically limited to 257.9 mph to protect the tires. The Veyron Super Sports will be publicly shown for the first time at the Pebble Beach in August. Click past the break for the full details.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/07/04/b...ord-at-267-81/
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:49 PM   #32
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I think the Ultimate Aero TT is claimed to be good for 275 ish, they ran out of road when they took the record the first time.
Also, its said to be capable of spinning the tires in 6th ... at 190 mph.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:07 PM   #33
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
The Bugatti officially has reclaimed its crown 267 MPH

whoops.....didnt even see the post above mine.....

Last edited by lil_chef; 07-05-2010 at 01:41 AM.
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:22 AM   #34
SSC Super Venom
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT + 2010 Camaro 2SS
The SSC Aero is aerodynamically stable up to 272 so buggati has more work to do.
SSC Super Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:42 AM   #35
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSC Super Venom View Post
The SSC Aero is aerodynamically stable up to 272 so buggati has more work to do.
bugatti doesnt have anything to do until the SSC actually reaches that 272
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:07 AM   #36
SSC Super Venom
Account Suspended

Ya but thats the thing the increase aerodynamics and they win again with no engine modifications I think they planned that ahead of time.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:48 AM   #37
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post

As production of the Bugatti Veyron winds toward its eventual conclusion, Bugatti has created what is likely to be the ultimate version of its world-beating hypercar: the Super Sports. Bugatti sent its official test driver Pierre Henri Raphanel out on Volkswagen's Ehra-Lessian high-speed oval with the first Super Sports to see just what it could do. With representatives of the Guinness book of records and German Technical Inspection Agency (TÜV) on hand, Raphanel made passes around the big oval in both directions.

With output bumped up from 1,001 horsepower to 1,200 horsepower, torque swelling to 1,106 pound-feet and a revised aerodynamic kit, Raphanel managed runs of 265.9 and 269.8 mph for an average terminal velocity of 267.81 mph and a new world record for a production car.

The first five production Super Sports will sport the same black and orange finish as the record car and all production models will be electronically limited to 257.9 mph to protect the tires. The Veyron Super Sports will be publicly shown for the first time at the Pebble Beach in August. Click past the break for the full details.

WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:03 AM   #38
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post

OMG, WOW. And this is exactly what I said in my earlier post! The battle between the Bugatti Veyron and the SSC Ultimate Aero, will continue back and forth, with no car ever holding the "fastest in the world" title very long before being out-modded by it's competition. This is just amazing.

I really figured Bugatti would bounce back, but god, they responded very quickly. And yes, the Ultimate Aero may have theoretically- the ability to be stable at higher speeds in excess of 270mph, but unless you can actually reach that speed and prove it, the title is going to stay in the Bugatti's corner. Good luck getting Bugatti to let you use they're extremely long stretch of road....lol.

*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:03 PM   #39
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr CLuTcH View Post
OMG, WOW. And this is exactly what I said in my earlier post! The battle between the Bugatti Veyron and the SSC Ultimate Aero, will continue back and forth, with no car ever holding the "fastest in the world" title very long before being out-modded by it's competition. This is just amazing.

I really figured Bugatti would bounce back, but god, they responded very quickly. And yes, the Ultimate Aero may have theoretically- the ability to be stable at higher speeds in excess of 270mph, but unless you can actually reach that speed and prove it, the title is going to stay in the Bugatti's corner. Good luck getting Bugatti to let you use they're extremely long stretch of road....lol.

Responded quick? The SSC UA TT took the title in October 2007, over two and a half years ago. I think it may have held the title longer than the Veyron did.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 07-05-2010, 03:07 PM   #40
SSC Super Venom
Account Suspended

No the Veryon has held its title since like 2000-2002 around there.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:54 PM   #41
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSC Super Venom View Post
No the Veryon has held its title since like 2000-2002 around there.
Impossible, the car did not exist in 2000. I knew it was set in 2005 at some point, just not the exact month. After checking http://www.bugatti.com/en/veyron-16....ogy/speed.html I see that they set the record April 19, 2005. Which is almost exactly 2 and a half years before SSC set their record. So the SSC did in fact hold the record longer, barely (32 months and a couple weeks vs 30 months, give or take a few days)

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 07-05-2010, 04:06 PM   #42
SSC Super Venom
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Impossible, the car did not exist in 2000. I knew it was set in 2005 at some point, just not the exact month. After checking http://www.bugatti.com/en/veyron-16....ogy/speed.html I see that they set the record April 19, 2005. Which is almost exactly 2 and a half years before SSC set their record. So the SSC did in fact hold the record longer, barely (32 months and a couple weeks vs 30 months, give or take a few days)
http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z.../4-Veyron.aspx

The car existed in 2000 that was its first year but it did not claim its speed title until 2005 the aero claimed its speed title in 2007 so its actually a tie for who held the title the longest.