Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-30-2015, 06:30 AM   #43
zippy8792

Drives: 1LT RS
I purchased my IPF Tune from Andy at KPE around 1500 miles ago. Also bought the exhaust kit and intake kit they offered.
The tune is great and the car sounds pretty good as well. I had purchased a Vitesse throttle controller shortly after and installed as well.
The throttle controller has become problematic for me.
Reduced power and service stabilitrack started coming on. I removed it and all is fine. Tried to get it to work but I feel as I don't really need it anyhow.
Just to reassure the tune is simply awesome and car runs great with it.
On a highway trip I average around 29 mpg @75 mph. Around town normal driving I average 23-24 mpg.
Car has 3.23 gearing and 6 speed auto trans.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:12 AM   #44
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
I have an IPF tuning module with the cables that I don't need if anyone is interested. I bought it from IPF in Tempe last year. PM me if you are interested.

Thanks, Peter
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 12:51 PM   #45
Pathogen

Drives: 2014 1LS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ View Post
Ipf said you can install and remove it win in for service. ...why can't a couple of guys split the cost and installed it on more then one car.if that could be done to save money.
It is attached to a specific VIN number.

If you want instant happy, get the IPF tune and the throttle controller. This combination is seat-of-the-pants awesome.

It is not just an increase in HP. It is when the HP happens. Your power curves occur earlier, your gas mileage increases, and the responsiveness is crisper.

Listen to the people who actually have the tune. Short of F/I (which IPF can provide) this is the best way to squeeze out the best performance from your V6.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:54 PM   #46
Pathogen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aug View Post
In my opinion, this is how GM should have and could have tuned the car. It is more refined, smooth, linear, just plain better.
This is the best description. Period.
Old 07-04-2015, 03:30 PM   #47
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
I have the IPF Supercharger and had the IPF tune. I was not at all happy with the tune, first of all, they disconnected my Traction Control, I'm from the North East, we need Traction Control. 2nd, my car would just pull to just 6000, not 7000 like it's design to. I contacted both IPF and Arno, and was given the runaround. I love the Supercharger but not the support behind it.
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 03:38 PM   #48
Pathogen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post
I am unfortunately still having issues. I went to the dealership today to get my ECU updated with the newest factory software so I can upload my tune. I was told by KPE (they have been great so far, very quick) that that's the reason it won't recognize my car, my factory software is out of date. I posted that above yesterday. Well, the dealer said I am already running the newest software so I'm SoL for now. I let KPE know what the dealership said but I'll probably have to wait until Monday for a response because of the holiday. Hopefully they can think of another solution or will let me return it all for a refund.
The dealership is uneducated. I had to argue with them until they reflashed my car. That fixed it.
Old 07-04-2015, 03:40 PM   #49
Pathogen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutterball View Post
I have the IPF Supercharger and had the IPF tune. I was not at all happy with the tune, first of all, they disconnected my Traction Control, I'm from the North East, we need Traction Control. 2nd, my car would just pull to just 6000, not 7000 like it's design to. I contacted both IPF and Arno, and was given the runaround. I love the Supercharger but not the support behind it.
You need to talk to Andy at IPF. They do not turn off your traction control. This sounds like your tuning software has a glitch.

I would try reinstalling the stock tune, then reinstall the supercharger tune.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:01 PM   #50
zippy8792

I have the IPF tune . Andy has been nothing but great for me. I just requested an updated tune to enhance my throttle pedal. He got this done in like 24 hrs. All I have asked or inquired about he has addressed and quite quickly. Found his service and attitude to be quite impressive.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:15 PM   #51
zippy8792

I do think that once the trouble, what ever it is, gets fixed you will be quite pleased with the end result. My car just feels and performs better and I think the fuel miles have gotten a little better too.
Old 07-05-2015, 08:09 AM   #52
SalMonreal

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
I just don't know how I'm going to force the dealer. I tried making up a problem and I sure as hell aren't going to tell them it's so I can tune it.

Try going to a different dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SalMonreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:28 AM   #53
gutterball

Drives: 2014 1LS M6 Supercharged
Send a message via AIM to gutterball
[QUOTE=SalMonreal;8516638]Try going to a different dealer.

and it doesn't have to be a Chevy dealer, I take my car a Buick dealership
gutterball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:44 AM   #54
Pathogen

Andy can tell you what version you have and what version you need.
Old 07-06-2015, 06:02 AM   #55
Aug

Drives: 2014 2SS MT, Convertible
Quote:
But what exactly do I tell the dealership? They are going to be suspicious why I think I need an update, why I want the update and why I know the exact version number. The dealer I was at is an okay place and even they hassled me about it so I had to make up an issue to get them to even check. He said there wasn't any update available. And the other dealer here is horrid and I know they'll give me a harder time. There is a Buick dealer right here though if they'll do it as the poster above said.
What exactly is your concern in telling the dealer you are trying to do an IPF tune and it won't take, and according to IPF your ECU is out of date? The reason I ask what is wrong with this is because you apparently have done a lot more obvious mods on the car that I would think the dealership would point at if there was a warranty claim issue. You have a different TB, Cold,Air Intake, highly modded exhaust, a throttle controller... And you are concerned about this? I don't understand your reluctance. Just tell them. They certainly won't be surprised.
Aug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 07:46 AM   #56
Pathogen

Aug is right. I told them. My dealership loves my car, though and they are very helpful with my mods. I ended up having to pay them for the reflash, so they couldn't argue with me. It was my money and my car, so I won.