Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 11-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #71
Shazam613

Drives: Ordered 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle96ss View Post
I think the fact that AAC hasn't even bothered to respond or defend themselves on this thread speaks volumes!!
I agree! Some companies dont take stock in what weight their reputations carry, and how bad reviews can affect business. I know a large group of people who are paying close attention to this thread to see how things are resolved. I guess AAC feels they dont have anything to worry about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puertoricanfont View Post
be prepared to wait a long time to get them back. I sent one of my side marker over 5 weeks ago and still nothing back.
Wouldn't doubt this at all. Luckily I have a spare set of headlights on my camaro now. Still doesn't satisfy me....this kind of thing shouldn't happen in the first place.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:58 AM   #72
AFCMSGTRET
TCC SWFL Chapter

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS LS3 Black/IO Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by muscle96ss View Post
I think the fact that AAC hasn't even bothered to respond or defend themselves on this thread speaks volumes!!
In 2012 I spent almost $400 on AAC products. I was unaware so many people were upset with their products and customer support. I have been following this thread since the beginning and I too am troubled by AAC not responding. I know there are two sides to every story and I agree with you their silence speaks volume. I'll keep an open mind in the future, but if I were going to be making another lighting modification today, AAC would not be in the competition.
AFCMSGTRET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:58 AM   #73
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
I love it. I actually have made some comments on there oracle acc thread about there video. They actually show a guy in there shop bake a housing then take a flat screw driver scrape the crap out of this housing then even state when hot to reshape your housing then rip apart. I'm sorry just like guys in my club and others on this thread. Wtf why would I bake and scrape and then do it to the point that I. Would have to as they state try and reshape my housings using my hands while hot lol really guys. Is 2012 technology on this site is crazy with engine and car mods and your telling my for 300 I will bake scrape reshape lol. Sorry guys and then to have a club member and see on here that the return policy is how it is with you paying for shipping. Ill say first hand, I'm a u.p.s. driver I pick up returns all the time and all are paid by company not customer. Good biz practice not.... Spread the word everyone so another company selling after market knock offs can close thee doors. This is the exact reason I am on these forums so I can be informed and get informed . So where can I get some scanner bars and engine bay lights and head lights without dealing with AAC. What a scam. Reminds me also stay far far away from carID. They too had same practice when after 2 weeks I wondered where my caliper covers where they told me order placed and would ship that day. Within a hour got email product on back order they told me just like AAC I should call mgp so guess what. I did and to there and my surprise. Order never placed. I wanted a custom color combo so guy said he would know and nothing. When I call back carID they hang up and tell me can't refund my money for 4 days lol yeah right you took it out in 2 seconds. Well with bank calls and calling them number of times and emails my money was returned next business day. Anyone have stories or even AAC b.s. story like so many I have been hearing about. Or other companies to stay away from. Thanks to all for having my back. And I got yours and together we will win against garbage company's and products
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:25 AM   #74
Shazam613

So just to leave a quick update......headlights were signed for by AAC/Daniel last Wednesday. Awaiting word from AAC on what repairs are going to be done. Doubt I hear anything until after the weekend
Old 11-20-2012, 09:51 AM   #75
BDH

Drives: 2012 1LT-RS
Good luck shaz....hope the vendor steps up to the plate.
BDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #76
Mike2ss
Airborne Pathfinder

Drives: Camaro ZL575
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro2lt View Post
CHINA!!!!!! we just need to find the place lol
Lets beat them to an inch of there life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:53 AM   #77
Shazam613

Received Warrantied Retrofits from AAC....WTF!

Ok...I'm trying to remain calm.

I left town last week for Thanksgiving Holiday having received no word from AAC about the headlights. Assumed I wouldn't get them shipped until after the holiday. I arrive home on Sunday and to my surprise, there are 2 oracle boxes sitting at my front door. So much for an advanced notification that they were being shipped. Moved them into the house so that I could open and inspect them today before taking them to my installer. Finished with work this morning, opened the boxes to the retrofits, and am completely left speechless.

The silicone on the back of the housings have been removed and in its place are 2 different rubber covers....that's right....a DIFFERENT cover over the left headlight that does not match the one on the right! No way for me to even inspect if the "retaining clips" have been installed at all, as the receipt from AAC indicates. I fired off an email to AAC for an explanation, and am currently awaiting a reply.

here are the pics:
Attached Images

Old 11-26-2012, 10:37 AM   #78
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
So basically they just stole crap from other headlights and hacked yours even worse?? Lol. And people still buy from this Mickey Mouse company.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #79
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
C5 agree. All for lights. Risk your 600$ stock halos so some back and crack company. Who by the way has taken money from members of car club with not product now member waiting over a month. Forget it. Way better stuff just gotta looka little that the one negative about camaro5. No one looks outside the box. Just because its here doesn't mean to stop looking for better price and quality.
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:18 PM   #80
BadAssBumbleBee

Drives: 2010 Callaway SC572
Will, the rubber boots are actually a nice touch.....if done correctly.

My Jeep JK HID kit included two MATCHING rubber boots to help keep the elements out. Unfortunately if AAC glued or epoxied them to your lights you're no further ahead than you were when you sent your lights to them.
BadAssBumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #81
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
So whatever happened with this??
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:57 PM   #82
Shazam613

Arrived about 2 weeks ago but i haven't had the chance to have them installed. Different rubber coverings on the left and right headlamps per the pictures on page 8. Basically.........heed the warnings and beware!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-11-2012, 12:20 PM   #83
puertoricanfont

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam613 View Post
Arrived about 2 weeks ago but i haven't had the chance to have them installed. Different rubber coverings on the left and right headlamps per the pictures on page 8. Basically.........heed the warnings and beware!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Are the bulbs still siliconed underneath?
Old 12-13-2012, 08:27 AM   #84
Houston 5 camaro

Drives: 2013 camaro
Wow, after reading what people are saying I'm thinking of canceling my app to have them install retros in my car now at the new houston store. This all sounds so terrible!
Houston 5 camaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aac, hid retrofit