Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > Australia

Old 09-30-2011, 08:58 PM   #15
BIGGIS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Yellow RHD
TD - pics are posted under my garage.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:08 PM   #16
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Oh man! That is great news for our friends down under. Congrats!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:28 AM   #17
Thunder Downunder
OZ & US Muscle

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS & Commodore SS-V
BIGGIS, thanks for the pics. It's very nice. Been away for the long weekend here in NSW so only just seen them. Heritage grill looks really good on the yellow, as does the GFX. Did you get the GFX at the same time as the car or later?

Thunder Downunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:22 AM   #18
Thunder Downunder
OZ & US Muscle

Getting my Pedders lowering springs tomorrow - woo hoo!

Old 10-06-2011, 03:21 AM   #19
BIGGIS

Hi again TD,

You are braver than me to lower the car. The car is low enough for me.
Send us a pic when done, it will look great.
Sorry meant to respond to you re GFX. This was done in Melb after delivery of the car. Colour matched and fitted up, I have kept the original side panels and rear diffuser. While I love the look of the car as standard, the rear looked cheap and unfinished. Overall appearance is improved, looks tougher.
The owner of the conversion business also has a yellow 2SS. After seeing mine with GFX, he has also done same. They took a few cars to the V8 supercars at Philip Island, unfortunately the beautiful black Dodge Challenger was damaged in transit.
Doing another minor upgrade as when the HID's and grille went in, one of the DRL bulbs was damaged. Have upgraded the standard incandescant bulbs to plasma's. Will look great as the standard DRL's look like a candle against the HID's.
There is a black supercharged 2SS for sale here in Vic $132K.
Conversion shop also have a supercharged 2SS on the way.
Have looked at blowers, thinking about it!
Cheers
Old 10-07-2011, 01:26 AM   #20
Thunder Downunder
OZ & US Muscle

Man, looks seriously tough now.

I put a couple of (crappy)pics in "my garage" - before and after. Bit over an inch drop - less of an issue for me as no GFX. Been up and down a couple of driveways with no probs yet.

Rear diffuser is less of an issue with mine being black but seeing them with the GFX makes me want it - thinking of getting GFX then covering in carbon fibre. Did you import directly or thru where you go tthe car? Where do you get your other parts from?

If I had $7K I'd buy a blower tomorrow!! Mate of a mate reckons he can reprogram and get 10-20% power increase - works for HSV - so might have to be the alternative for the moment. They're so bloody quick now that I keep thinking anything I do is overkill, but what the hell!

Heading to Hawaii in a couple of weeks and making a list! My bags will be filled with spares!

Old 10-09-2011, 10:22 PM   #21
BIGGIS

Dark tinted windows look good on black.... black wheels would look the biz?
The GM products eg GFX, Heritage Grille I purchased through the conversion shop as they are looked after by a chev dist in the US. Aftermarket items like the SS badges, plasma bulbs I buy direct. The conversion biz had the cat back's in stock, were pretty fussy about the CAI so they also organised these. They are very reasonable on mark up (if any). Any big or heavy items they would put in a car container so freight costs are minimised. Regarding HP, I ended up with an extra 70HP, 440 at the rear wheels. They run rich from the US and when re-tuned on 98 octane much HP can be gained.
Enjoy Hawaii!
Old 10-10-2011, 12:46 AM   #22
Thunder Downunder
OZ & US Muscle

20% is illegal but looks too good to pass up!

TSW Nurburgring in gunmetal is the wheel I'm looking to get

The tune might be worth the money if HP gain and probably better economy?

Re: CAI - you were fussy or them? From my research I was thinking of getting the actual CAI brand - RotoFab better?

Re: Lowering. Driving to the location where pic below was taken they have those speed humps with tyre spikes... front and back no issue...spikes on the undercarrige...dragged about a third the length of the exhaust! Estimate about 6 inches clearance at the lowest point. Lowering with your GFX I would not recommend - you'd be scrapping everywhere!

Old 10-10-2011, 12:54 AM   #23
Thunder Downunder
OZ & US Muscle

BTW - I'm always worried about stone chips on trips, so got myself a bra. It arrived the other day. Colgan Custom but the Aust distributor orders it in. Quality finish. $260 with mirror covers if you're as paranoid as me!

Old 10-10-2011, 04:19 AM   #24
BIGGIS

I found two paint chips on the side of the car yesterday, they were high up, no idea how they got there. One of the downsides of using the car. Will keep the car bra in mind, certainly not expensive. I arranged for a bottle of touch up paint from when the GFX was painted. Hard to pick now but still made me cringe finding them.
I will do the tint, will look great against the black paint outs. The wheels sound impressive. I kept my original 20'' silver rims, do not want to part with any original part of the car.
The conversion shop did alot more research on the CAI than I did and as they were installing, had a keen interest to get it right. They also wanted to make sure that it was blower compatable. Can't complain, the product is superb and looks sensational. This forum also has many favourable write ups on the Roto Fab. Took the car out yesterday to meet up with some other "TV and Movie" cars. Unfortantely copped alot of bitumen down the side, at least it cleaned off. We were trying to determine how many 2SS Camaro's are in Australia. I know of about 8 taking into account sightings by friends. A work colleague spied a yellow convertible last weekend. Be great if we could get them all together. Will take mine to a USA muscle car show Nov 20.
Cheers
Old 10-10-2011, 04:36 AM   #25
BIGGIS

Also meant to say for parts look at:

Phastek Performance
Creative Car Concepts
North American Tuning
AAC style/Camarolighting.com

The plasma DRL lights arrived today. Keen to get them in.
I also purchased black aluminium powdercoated front and rear bowties. Am not putting a bowtie back on the front with the new grille. The rear install involves drilling into the existing gold section of the bowtie and then levering this section away from the chrome surround. Haven't got the gonads yet to put a drill into the car!
Old 10-14-2011, 03:53 PM   #26
Thunder Downunder
OZ & US Muscle

I have seen 1 in Sydney, plus one in a yard and my wife thinks she saw a yellow one but thats it up here. I know there are a few on the gold coast as a few of the V8 supercar drivers have them. When i was talking to the conversion mob mine is from, he reckons they've sold a hundred Camaros - bullsh!t! If there are more than 2 dozen on the east coast I'd be surprised.

It would be awesome to get them all together! Our own C5 Fest! Wonder how we could make contact? I was going to join the Camaro club in Sydney but I just haven't had the time.

Understand your hesitation on drilling - I was going to do via vinyl overlay and see what I thought. Torn between keeping things original and modding.

Let me know what you think on the plasmas, I hadn't given much thought to the lights but after looking at AAC I'm thinkin'! My DRLs were disconnected as part of the conversion process and I'm keen to set back up with the halos on all the time - love the halos! There is a conversion kit to have white and switchable to red halos - might make it on the list.

Ordered a skip shift eliminator yesterday and these....

Love the old badges and was going to put under the "Camaro" on the fenders. What do you think? Probably order some black drilled aluminium pedals this weekend too.

Old 10-16-2011, 08:49 PM   #27
Thunder Downunder
OZ & US Muscle

Ordered my CAI, Camaro SS red and black mats and black billet pedals on the weekend. Seriously looking at MTI or Hurst short throw and afterburner tail lights

Old 10-16-2011, 09:22 PM   #28
BIGGIS

100's of Camaro's in OZ?? Must be in sales!
Given the spread of Camaro's around the country, I am not sure logistically what would work. Most owners aim to keep the km's low so driving to say Sydney as a central location between Bris and Melb may not be a viable option. Surprised we haven't seen some other owners jump in on our threads. This would help to ID Camaro number sin Oz.
The badges would look good on your car, mine is presty busy already with the autobot badging and indicator.
Did your HID's get removed for compliance? Mine were and I was lucky to recover them and have them re-installed with the heritage grill.
The plasma's look great but were a drama to install. There is a thread about these install issues. The LED version goes in easily, the plasmas do not. As a result of these dramas the plastic bayonet on the back of the DRL fatigued. Had to fix up with glue and silicone. Hopefully this will last the distance. There are some mods you need to do so the plasma harness engages, also some tricks with locating it in the DRL bayonet fitting. They do look great, intense bluish white.