Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

View Poll Results: If offered through GMPP/GM Accessories, would you purchase the longer stripes?
Yes! I want my stripes to end on the front facia and I will pay more for them. 138 60.53%
No. The current hood length stripes are sufficient. 48 21.05%
I am not getting stripes. It does not matter to me, but I just wanted to answer a poll! :p 42 18.42%
Voters: 228. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 11:12 PM   #57
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70 COPO View Post
of Camaro toys all wearing long stripes. The toy makers obviously know what sells.
Because those stripes certainly catch the buyer's eyes...it couldn't be the car.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:25 AM   #58
70 COPO
Banned

Drives: Multiple Camaro's
Car is fine. Just looks much better with the long heritage stereo stripes primarily due to the location of the Faux hood scoop and the current color transitions.

Problem is lessened with short Rally dark stripes, but the contrast with the body color in the center break works against the eyes when the black faux scoop takes center stage. Then as you finally see the stripes (because they are short) they appear tacky, out of place - and the entire car looks unfinished.

IMO...Dogged defence of a bad idea that will cost GM sales and bring real chances for the Mustang leaning automotive press to bring critical reviews of this car is a huge disservice to the car and the people who have worked long and hard to get it to market.

Needs to be fixed with a long stripe offering. Needs to be worked as a priority or GM needs to let us know they are going to fall on their own sword so the majority of current orders can receive final evaluation by the buyers.

Right now poll numbers are doing the talking.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:38 AM   #59
Moonsault
5th Gen STIG

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
As I mentioned in my earlier post, is it totally out of the question for GM to change their minds and offer the longer stripes?

Based on the input of this forum they have agreed to offer a previously unavailable Blue color for the SS, so would they not consider offering longer stripes because of the overall demand coming from the same opinions who asked for the Blue finish?
Old 11-20-2008, 03:03 AM   #60
justdenny

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS
I cancelled stripes from my order because of length

2SS
CF5 (maybe)
WRS
Q9J
GAQ
AFN
VYV
Fuel Door
Grille Insert
Subwoofer
Catback
Air Intake
Shorty headers
Old 11-20-2008, 05:19 AM   #61
70 COPO
Banned

They need to be longer. I Really want authentic Rally stripes. IMO..There is Plenty of time yet to change orders. If the longer stripes are not offered - I will cancel the entire car.

Note to GM: Vert is on hold, and when the current politics pass you will get the Government loan you need. Offer the Longer stripe on a special RPO with the end sections around the mail slot for dealer install or offer the entire stripe for dealer install. If this happens you guys with the short stripes will likely end up with a rare stripe option.

A win-win situation.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:04 AM   #62
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
They need to be longer. I Really want authentic Rally stripes. IMO..There is Plenty of time yet to change orders. If the longer stripes are not offered - I will cancel the entire car.

Note to GM: Vert is on hold, and when the current politics pass you will get the Government loan you need. Offer the Longer stripe on a special RPO with the end sections around the mail slot for dealer install or offer the entire stripe for dealer install. If this happens you guys with the short stripes will likely end up with a rare stripe option.

A win-win situation.

Wow, I can't believe someone would be crazy enough to cancel their order for the Camaro just because of the length of the stickers they are putting on the hood. I just don't get it.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:46 PM   #63
z28camaross

Drives: 02 z28
Send a message via AIM to z28camaross
i would be willing to play 100-150 more for the longer stripes
Old 11-21-2008, 01:15 PM   #64
JJ#48Racing

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
I plan on doing painted stripes regardless.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:39 AM   #65
70 COPO
Banned

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!

I have directed my dealer to hold my order and they have agreed to do so.

The last update that I got from GM is that the styling revisit to the long stripe would not be conclusive as a decision until after the start of production due to timing issues.

The delay may have additional benifits like getting other ordering details such as Blade spoiler, 20" polished wheels and other items resolved from an ordering and submittal standpoint. Heck If it drags on long enough I might get a shot at getting HUD.

So I continue to wait and be patient.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:37 AM   #66
70 COPO
Banned

Effective 11/27/2008, the following changes were be made to the Vehicle Order Guide as follows:

Exterior section-(VYY) LPO, Cyber Gray Stripe Package, changed symbol to "--" on 2LT and 2SS.

Exterior section-(VYZ) LPO, White Stripe Package, changed symbol to "--" on 2LT and 2SS.

What this means awaits clairification, but from a legacy view "--" has always indicated the presence of a special cosmetic production feature on the vehicle.

Fingers crossed.....
Old 11-30-2008, 11:42 AM   #67
ZYAL8R

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Longer stripes? - YES!

Pay more? - YES!

A fair price? - $50-75.

Whether the decision to produce the short stripe is to seperate the "mail slot" to make it stand out on it's own OR to make a longer stripe package so that it blends it in, IMO the longer stripe just makes more sense b/c well......IT LOOKS BETTER!
Old 11-30-2008, 02:32 PM   #68
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Quote:
Effective 11/27/2008, the following changes were be made to the Vehicle Order Guide as follows:

Exterior section-(VYY) LPO, Cyber Gray Stripe Package, changed symbol to "--" on 2LT and 2SS.

Exterior section-(VYZ) LPO, White Stripe Package, changed symbol to "--" on 2LT and 2SS.

What this means awaits clairification, but from a legacy view "--" has always indicated the presence of a special cosmetic production feature on the vehicle.

Fingers crossed.....

Thanks, 70 COPO, hope you had a good Thanksgiving too. Visited my folks up in Pa. and had such a good time I honestly barely even thought about Camaro5....Yeah, I was surprised!

And I've seen the -- mean not available, which too is a good sign, maybe meaning "no dealer installation of LONGER stripes." NAH!!

2SS/RS Black/Black w-Cyber Gray stripes/Auto ordered-10/18/08

Last edited by Rodrunner; 12-11-2008 at 06:53 AM.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:13 AM   #69
70 COPO
Banned

Mods:

GM is very aware of this issue. Can you guys consider making this a sticky?
Old 12-06-2008, 11:01 AM   #70
Moonsault
5th Gen STIG

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Is there enough time for GM to change the stripe length before the production ordering deadline?

Closed Thread