Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-10-2009, 03:01 PM   #127
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Here is a link to my Dyno pull -
http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=4130...4WGUCG1XD62UTQ
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:09 PM   #128
isu_chevybowtie
Camaro dreamin'

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed74SS View Post
That is cool. The car looks and sounds good.

Back to the ride home....I bet that was fun. Most people would look at a trip that takes that long and say that would suck. But, when you are in a car like that it would be fun the whole time. Cool that you got to play with an SRT8.

From the sounds of it Lingenfelter's place was pretty cool and you got to see some other nice cars.
isu_chevybowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:08 PM   #129
Speed74SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by isu_chevybowtie View Post
That is cool. The car looks and sounds good.

Back to the ride home....I bet that was fun. Most people would look at a trip that takes that long and say that would suck. But, when you are in a car like that it would be fun the whole time. Cool that you got to play with an SRT8.

From the sounds of it Lingenfelter's place was pretty cool and you got to see some other nice cars.
It was a long ride home but it was a blast. Not too many people on the road between midnight and 5am. The Charger guy was pretty cool - he pulled up and gave me a thumbs up and "Nice Car" after. I love to see performance cars like these on the road, no matter what they are.

Visiting Lingenfelter and picking up my car was an experience I will never forget. Everytime I drive my car, I think about where it came from. There were a few cars that I would like to have taken for a drive!! Except for the Vipers, they don't do anything for me.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:10 PM   #130
Windy City

Drives: Not enough room here!
Sounds good speed. Are ya happy so far? Having fun? Stomping mustangs to death? Back in the day that was always fun for me. Had a 86 Z28 on the bottle and it stomped the crap out of anything on the road. Lingy gave my car a little airtime on there site. http://www.lingenfelter.com/engine-p...harger-package Last photo in the series.
Take care and let us know about the fun your having!
Windy City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:25 PM   #131
Speed74SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City View Post
Sounds good speed. Are ya happy so far? Having fun? Stomping mustangs to death? Back in the day that was always fun for me. Had a 86 Z28 on the bottle and it stomped the crap out of anything on the road. Lingy gave my car a little airtime on there site. http://www.lingenfelter.com/engine-p...harger-package Last photo in the series.
Take care and let us know about the fun your having!
This is the best car I have ever owned!! My wife even likes it and she is not a car person. I let her drive it on the way back home yesterday and she said she wanted to drive it to work this week..... I had to say NO WAY!! No real takers so far.... I open up the garage a couple times during the day to just look at it - lol. I think I am going to the 1/4 mile drag strip here on Friday - I'll have to let you know how it runs.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:31 PM   #132
Windy City

Drives: Not enough room here!
GEEZE! Let a woman drive your car? No Way! (that's gunna start some crap!) ya better let her get used to it and like it, that way it won't be such a fight getting the next one!
Windy City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:10 PM   #133
Speed74SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City View Post
GEEZE! Let a woman drive your car? No Way! (that's gunna start some crap!) ya better let her get used to it and like it, that way it won't be such a fight getting the next one!
She already said that she should have one too!! I need to start saving again...
Old 08-12-2009, 06:13 PM   #134
Bbrock25

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Inferno Orange
Any new pics/vids
Bbrock25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:52 PM   #135
davidj

Drives: .
Congratulations, I hope you get plenty of fun and exciting miles out of this HOT Camaro you have!!!
Old 08-12-2009, 09:03 PM   #136
Speed74SS

Thanks guys I appreciate it - I absolutely love this car. Taking her on its first sales trip tomorrow - 12 hour round trip - then to the track on Friday night.

I am going to pick up the cd's of the pictures tomorrow and will have a lot of pictures to post up on Friday.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:54 PM   #137
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed74SS View Post
Thanks guys I appreciate it - I absolutely love this car. Taking her on its first sales trip tomorrow - 12 hour round trip - then to the track on Friday night.

I am going to pick up the cd's of the pictures tomorrow and will have a lot of pictures to post up on Friday.
Hi Speed,
Just got back from Vacation with the wife and listened to your sound clip. I think I am going to ask Tim at Lingenfelter for the Borla exhaust as well.

Your car sounds awesome! I'm sure the video doesn't match up to being there in person.

Looking forward to the pictures.

Thanks for keeping us up to date on your transformation - I am looking forward to recieving mine someday soon as well. I guess for now I'll keep re-playing your dyno pull to keep me satisfied.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:04 PM   #138
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Hi Speed,
just checked my order status.. I am at 3300 with a TPW of 8/17! That's a build date of next week!

I called Tim at Lingenfelter and had the cat back exhaust changed to BORLA. I asked Tim to check into if he can get shocks from Pedders any quicker than I could. They gave me a date the end of OCT. if I placed my order now.

You know anyone there that can help me get a pedders suspension quicker? Am I better off waiting for their end of the year Christmas Sale and doing it myself over the winter? I really would like to get it all done while it is at LPE...

Tim at LPE asked how you liked your car. I quoted excerpts from your posts here - "Nate likes the job LPE did to his car so much if he had another one built he wouldn't change anything". Tim was glad to hear that.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:39 AM   #139
Speed74SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
Hi Speed,
just checked my order status.. I am at 3300 with a TPW of 8/17! That's a build date of next week!

I called Tim at Lingenfelter and had the cat back exhaust changed to BORLA. I asked Tim to check into if he can get shocks from Pedders any quicker than I could. They gave me a date the end of OCT. if I placed my order now.

You know anyone there that can help me get a pedders suspension quicker? Am I better off waiting for their end of the year Christmas Sale and doing it myself over the winter? I really would like to get it all done while it is at LPE...

Tim at LPE asked how you liked your car. I quoted excerpts from your posts here - "Nate likes the job LPE did to his car so much if he had another one built he wouldn't change anything". Tim was glad to hear that.
I bet you can't wait for your car to get done!! It is so much fun. For the Pedders suspension, I had pre-ordered the first time around and had to spend a little extra to get them air freighted to get them here quicker. I am not sure if you can find some any quicker but it defiantely makes the car stance better in my opinion. Keep me updated on your build!!
Old 08-15-2009, 12:48 AM   #140
Speed74SS

Here is a time slip from the drag strip tonight. I had one of my best launches with this time but hit the redline in 3rd right before the end to knock my mph down. I was trapping close to 114 all my other runs but my launches weren't the best. By the way - the stock tires on this car get obliterated with a bad launch. My first pass I spun 1st, 2nd & 3rd bad. I had my cousin shoot some videos and should get them back in a few days. In cooler weather I can definately run faster as it was 82 degrees and humid. It was a lot of fun though. There was an 06 Z06 that had a best run of 12.8 for the night but he was spinning alot also. Its all in the launch and tire spin on the stock tires!! I am in the left lane and there was a V-Max motorcycle in the right lane.

Name:  Drag Run #1.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  93.7 KB

Last edited by Speed74SS; 08-15-2009 at 10:37 AM.