Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-10-2017, 09:28 PM   #1
tylerng1999

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LS
Help with Exhaust Setup 2012 V6 (LFX Engine)

I currently have 2.5 inch pipe all the way through (old exhaust off an SS) with a Magnaflow resonated X-pipe and muffler deletes, so cats and the x pipe are the only things muffling the sound. I'm wanting to get Hooker Catless downpipes but I'm afraid it will ruin the exhaust. What axle back system would give it an appealing tone with the catless downpipes?
tylerng1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 03:19 AM   #2
2010reddevil

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Victory Red 6M
Magnaflow mufflers in the rear will give it about as good a sound as you will want to get.

2010 2SS 6M Victory Red/Black (old ride)
CAI intake, Speed Engineering 1 7/8" LT's, X4 base tune, Flowmaster Outlaw axle-back.

12.6 @ 115 SAR as of 9/19/15
Gone but never forgotten.
2010reddevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 11:30 AM   #3
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerng1999 View Post
I currently have 2.5 inch pipe all the way through (old exhaust off an SS) with a Magnaflow resonated X-pipe and muffler deletes, so cats and the x pipe are the only things muffling the sound. I'm wanting to get Hooker Catless downpipes but I'm afraid it will ruin the exhaust. What axle back system would give it an appealing tone with the catless downpipes?
Moved to V6 (LFX) Engine/Exhaust subforum

-DG
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 03:04 AM   #4
ghosted
BCS Auto

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
I'm running my LFX with Hooker Catless Downpipes, a Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe, stock resonators and Flowmaster Super 10 Mufflers. The rasp between 2500-3000 and 5000-5500 RPMs is downright embarassing. I actually plan my shifts before 2500 usually, or I go WOT and blow right by it. I also experienced a pretty big loss of low-end torque when I went catless. It's actually a regret of mine, and I have High Flow Cats waiting to go on when I get some free time.

Also, beware Hooker, we cancelled an order for a customer after 4 months of waiting for their downpipes (customer wanted to wait), and the customer ended up purchasing American Racing Headers downpipes from us instead. There's about a week lead time with ARH right now, but they're reliable, and I believe Hooker even utilized the ARH design in their downpipes.

BCS Auto on Facebook - - - Follow me on Instagram @datv6tho & @officialbcsauto
ghosted is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catless, downpipe, magnaflow, muffler delete, x pipe