Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-07-2018, 12:41 PM   #15
ramil13

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro 2LT RS
I don't think a small controller will make your 3.6 feel like a 6.3. A couple bolt-ons is more realistic. But some controller that at most adds +10 hp... don't think so
K&N intake, Custom Tune, Billet Catch Can, K.C's Ported 72mm TB & IM, Jacfab IM Spacer, Primary/Secondary Cat & Muffler Delete, Magnaflow Xpipe, 2.5" Straightpiped, GM Strut Tower Brace, Mace Engineering Cams, Solo Performance J pipes, Magnaflow Resonators x 2

340rwhp Dyno

ramil13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:31 PM   #16
Ehmsea

Drives: 2013 2SS RS Hurst NPP
Oh...I forgot how much fun these threads can be...
I would only add "butt dyno" to the OP description...

CAI Intake w/washer relocation and race scoop
Ported Throttle Body (Polished)
Kooks LT stepped headers 1-3/4 to 1-7/8
High Flow Cats
Livernois Motorsports Stage 2c Cam Package
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKXyCyBh9BU

Hill Start Assist Delete
Ehmsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 12:47 AM   #17
Jazzzed

Drives: 2015 Camaro LT
Tuned, and my VTC is set to SP7. The tune will improve throttle response a little, but it does not replicate what the VTC does.
Old 12-09-2018, 01:45 AM   #18
gringo
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro V6
I was going to get one of these controllers until the consensus was, on here, that the M6 doesn't benefit as much from it as do the A6 cars.
gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 07:37 PM   #19
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Oh these threads. Your nowhere near the l99 for god sakes.....vtc..or not.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 07:46 PM   #20
KenKat

Drives: 2014 2LT RS Summit White
Maybe someone can answer this for me as this thread has me thinking about adding a throttle controller. Is adding a throttle controller basically just decreasing the amount of pedal travel for a certain amount of throttle response? Can I just achieve the same thing by putting my foot in it more? Or is it changing the profile of the throttle response? For example, does the stock throttle introduce a delay that doesn’t kick in in a straight line while the throttle controller remaps the whole response to change the overall profile?

Hope this makes sense what I am asking.
KenKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 08:04 PM   #21
Jazzzed

Drives: 2015 Camaro LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenKat View Post
Maybe someone can answer this for me as this thread has me thinking about adding a throttle controller. Is adding a throttle controller basically just decreasing the amount of pedal travel for a certain amount of throttle response? Can I just achieve the same thing by putting my foot in it more? Or is it changing the profile of the throttle response? For example, does the stock throttle introduce a delay that doesn’t kick in in a straight line while the throttle controller remaps the whole response to change the overall profile?

Yes
No
Yes

It does decrease the pedal travel, which makes it much more sensitive especially on the higher settings. No you cannot simulate what the controller does by stomping on the pedal harder. It is not the same speed-wise. There is an inherent delay in the drive by wire design, and the throttle controller helps get past that. On the higher settings it is like having a cable attached to the pedal like they were back in the day.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:08 PM   #22
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenKat View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzzed View Post
Yes
No
Yes

It does decrease the pedal travel, which makes it much more sensitive especially on the higher settings. No you cannot simulate what the controller does by stomping on the pedal harder. It is not the same speed-wise. There is an inherent delay in the drive by wire design, and the throttle controller helps get past that. On the higher settings it is like having a cable attached to the pedal like they were back in the day.
Correct me if I am wrong, but the last time I drove an automatic it was a 2007 Pontiac G6 V6. That vehicle learned the way my wife drove it and responded accordingly. Since she drove like grandma (which she is) when I would take it to the gas station I thought it was lacking in response. So I would hammer it a few times and, sure enough, it would wake up. Two weeks later, the same thing happened. That's when I realized it adjusted to her commute. It made no sense to have it rip off like a rocket when she was usually stuck in line. More sense is made that the car wasn't trying to run over the vehicle in front of her. So I quit doing that.

That said, it would be remiss if the manufacturer always delayed the throttle response. For instance, you begin a left turn when the signal turns yellow and the oncoming traffic is so far away you believe they will stop. But as you start to cross their lane you notice the oncoming fool has floored it. So you hammer it to get out of the crosshairs. Now, if your vehicle failed to apply full power and you were unable to avoid an incident, what position would that put the manufacturer in? So that can't be true.

Adding to that these vehicle have traction and stability controls which have enough sense to achieve maximum acceleration while retaining control under any conditions it would be ludicrous to have a vehicle daisy along when faced with an imminent side impact.

We all know the black boxes are in these cars and if that showed 100% throttle pedal and a delayed throttle response for no reason other than to protect the drivetrain instead of injury or death...

That would equate to the greatest air disaster in the United States. When an engine failed on takeoff and it was determined that if the pilot had been able to push 100% power to the remaining engine the plane would not have hammered into a trailer park and would have been able to circle for an emergency landing. But the automatic limited it to 80% power. The rules were changed.

Last edited by CamaroFred; 12-11-2018 at 10:18 PM.
CamaroFred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 03:21 PM   #23
Lacpac

Drives: 2012 Crystal Red Tintcoat RS
Throttle Controller

I admit it was fun while it worked for 18 months. When it started throwing the car into limp mode I disconnected it and haven't had an engine code since. Sitting in a box now with oem intake. Wish I could use it again but that limp mode thing is a bit too scary.
Lacpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 04:48 PM   #24
steakmaker

Drives: '10 Camaro SS,Jeep Commander Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Why wouldn't it be worth it? Not everyone wants to throw away their powertrain warranty for a tune.
Gringo,The VTC works very well with a M6 transmission,I have the VTC with 391's,and a Diablo Trinity tune it feels like a totally different car.The variable settings are nice too.
steakmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 04:53 PM   #25
krisprz2010camaross

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/Rs Transformers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacpac View Post
I admit it was fun while it worked for 18 months. When it started throwing the car into limp mode I disconnected it and haven't had an engine code since. Sitting in a box now with oem intake. Wish I could use it again but that limp mode thing is a bit too scary.

Yup! Exactly, what happened to me when I had mine. Had it replaced once and after it happened a couple times after getting a replacement I sent it back and got my money back. Don’t miss the reduced power mode and CEL’s it caused.
Vararam intake(tune model)
Kooks LT headers & cats delete
Corsa ZL1 3" exhaust
RedBarn Racing Tune
CMS Stage 3 Cam
AFR CNC ported heads
MSD Spark plug wires
LNC-2000 Launch controller
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
1le strut tower brace-TPIS spacers
Nick Williams 102mm throttle body
Fast lsxr 102 intake manifold
Slp 25% UDP
Katech Tensioner Pulley
Circle D 3600-3700 multi disk Stall
GM 3.91 gears
DDS carbon fiber driveshaft
ZL1 fuel pump & injectors
Flex fuel sensor(91/E85)
https://wheelwell.com/kris-perez
krisprz2010camaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 10:16 PM   #26
gringo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by steakmaker View Post
Gringo,The VTC works very well with a M6 transmission,I have the VTC with 391's,and a Diablo Trinity tune it feels like a totally different car.The variable settings are nice too.
That's good to hear. I thought the M6 didn't benefit as much as the automatic cars do.

The only thing that kept me from pulling the trigger on the VTC are the issues some people here have had with their check engine/stablitrac lights being on intermittently.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:24 PM   #27
gringo
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Oh these threads. Your nowhere near the l99 for god sakes.....vtc..or not.
Pretty close. With your average bolt-ons and E85, we can see just over 300 rwhp. With Mace cams added to the mix and some more stuff to support it, we're already there and probably even better than the L99.

Of course, torque will always be less unless you go F.I. on the V6.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:43 PM   #28
krisprz2010camaross

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2ss/Rs Transformers
Make your V6 Feel Like the L99 V8!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Pretty close. With your average bolt-ons and E85, we can see just over 300 rwhp. With Mace cams added to the mix and some more stuff to support it, we're already there and probably even better than the L99.

Of course, torque will always be less unless you go F.I. on the V6.

But you’re comparing a modified V6 vs a Stock V8 L99. Still good numbers for the V6, but do the same mods to the L99 and it’s a different story
Vararam intake(tune model)
Kooks LT headers & cats delete
Corsa ZL1 3" exhaust
RedBarn Racing Tune
CMS Stage 3 Cam
AFR CNC ported heads
MSD Spark plug wires
LNC-2000 Launch controller
NGK TR6 Spark Plugs
1le strut tower brace-TPIS spacers
Nick Williams 102mm throttle body
Fast lsxr 102 intake manifold