Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 07-05-2018, 10:34 AM   #1
rvender

Drives: 2010 ss/rs
LPW

Is anyone else able to contact LPW? I used to get replies via email, always two more weeks. The replies stopped, now it’s like the contact phone is disconnected. I have been trying to get this rear installed for about 6 months... ugh!!!
rvender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 11:00 AM   #2
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
So, I have talked to them twice in the last month. Both times they told me that they had a problem at the foundry, but finally had received the correct castings and machining was to start in the middle of June, with covers expecting to be shipped at the end of June. I talked to JEGS (who I ordered through) a few times in June and they never had an update, just an estimated ship date of 6/26.

I called JEGS on Tuesday and they reached out to LPW for an update, since I still didn't have a shipped cover. They gave me a revised ship date of 7/27 - great! I've been trying to get ahold of LPW directly while writing up this post, it's been busy for the last 10 minutes. I'll probably try them again later today - if I get an update worth sharing I will.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 11:49 AM   #3
rvender

yeh That’s about the same information I received when I was getting replies. It’s a shit show for sure!
Old 07-05-2018, 11:58 AM   #4
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvender View Post
yeh That’s about the same information I received when I was getting replies. It’s a shit show for sure!
It's pretty frustrating. I just put a new set of 4.10s in, and have finished up my 500 break in miles. I'd like to dump the fluid and change the cover all in one shot, but I don't want to wait another month to do that.

It's odd that their phone is constantly busy now - definitely concerning. Hopefully they get it together, and soon.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Old 07-05-2018, 12:29 PM   #5
rvender

I bought a spare differential and installed 3.91’s last fall, figured I’d throw the cover on and swap it in before the weather broke. Is there enough room to swap covers with the center section in the car? I might just throw mine in with the stock cover on if that’s the case.
Old 07-05-2018, 12:45 PM   #6
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvender View Post
I bought a spare differential and installed 3.91’s last fall, figured I’d throw the cover on and swap it in before the weather broke. Is there enough room to swap covers with the center section in the car? I might just throw mine in with the stock cover on if that’s the case.
I have read in a few places that you can lower the diff enough with axles still in it to be able to change the cover. I haven't tried it yet, but that's my plan. It's really not too bad to pull it out anyways - just pull one axle which is easy enough.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:00 PM   #7
rvender

Cool thanks!
Old 07-11-2018, 08:00 PM   #8
rvender

Finally got a reply...

We are still waiting for the machine to be operating. First we thought it mechanically broke but later realized the pc system crashed. Being told 2 weeks for to be installed, set up and running.
Sorry for the delay.
thanks
Old 07-11-2018, 08:05 PM   #9
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Yea, this week they told me they should be shipping out starting next week. Clearly a moving target.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:15 PM   #10
saluki

Drives: 2017 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
Yea, this week they told me they should be shipping out starting next week. Clearly a moving target.
Glad I got mine before the issues. Almost sounds like you guys are speaking with Maryland speed...

'13 SS @ Burkhart Chassis
saluki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:10 AM   #11
TheInfamouSS
@LS.ACE

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS/1LE
Maybe something actually did happen at the factory. Not like it would be the first time something happened at a factory that halted production. Just a smaller company can't bounce back as fast. Hopefully its not an issue and they start making those covers again because I know people really like them, and my buddy needs one for his car so they need to hurry up lol
Some weird snail with a belt on it | Tial Q Bov | CCP Jam Cam | Stainless Works 1 7/8" Headers to Custom 3" Exhaust | Alky Control Dual Nozzle| ProMeth Trunk Mount Tank | Melling Oil Pump | DSX Aux Pump | id1050x Injectors | McLeod RXT w/ Monster Billet Release Bearing | ZL1 3.73 Rear Diff | BMR Delrin/Poly Diff Bushings | DSS 1-Piece Aluminum Driveshaft | ZL1 Axles | Metco Driveshaft Loop | BMR Adjustable LCA's, TA's, Toe Rods | BMR Adjustable Sway Bar w/ Fe3 End Links | Mickey Thompson 305/35-20 Street S/S Drag Radials |
TheInfamouSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:32 AM   #12
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
I got the same email as above...if their CNC really did take a shit then it would take some time to get back up and runnin...

At least Doug did take the time to email back...it's a great product. I am gonna wait until they start shipping again before reordering again...just to make sure they got all the kinks worked out...

peace(and here at c'fest!)
Old 07-12-2018, 12:07 PM   #13
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

JEGs sent me an e-mail this morning indicated the estimated ship date is now 7/30. Hopefully it's more like next week like I was told on the phone Tuesday. Sounds like just a double bone, they had problems with the foundry, and now their CNC had issues. I too hope they get it ironed out, it's supposedly a great product - I'm really trying to hold off on hitting my diff too hard until I have it in place.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:21 PM   #14
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Another update - just called LPW. The picked right up. Said the covers are real close, should be another week. I feel like that's the same line I've got the last three weeks, so I'll believe it when I see it. At this point, I'm just really hoping to have the car together in time for Street Car Takeover mid August. I suppose I could hit it without the cover - but that's how I ended up with a broken gearset last time.

Tags
lpw