Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 05-26-2012, 06:24 AM   #1
totgate

Drives: 2012 Eurospec Convertible Manual
Another question regarding top issues...

Forgive me if this have been asked before but when i look at pictures of tops with rub marks etc.. they are all black. Does anyone with a beige top have similar issues or is this only happening to black tops?

/Tobbe
totgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:05 AM   #2
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
Here was my beige top before GM bought it back at about 3k miles. The dark spots are holes. The rub marks aren't as noticeable at first on the beige tops, by the time I was postive they were rub marks .. too late.. holes.... gm bought it back. The mark at the rear, on the stitching.. the service manager at the dealership accused me of burning it with a cigarette!
Attached Images

Old 05-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #3
totgate

Ok, maybe its better with black then so you can see the problemspots earlier...

/Tobbe
Old 05-29-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by totgate View Post
Forgive me if this have been asked before but when i look at pictures of tops with rub marks etc.. they are all black. Does anyone with a beige top have similar issues or is this only happening to black tops?
Are you experiencing any issues with your convertible top? Please PM me with any details including your VIN, I will be happy to see if there are any applicable warranties/recalls that may address the concern you might be experiencing.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:00 AM   #5
totgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Are you experiencing any issues with your convertible top? Please PM me with any details including your VIN, I will be happy to see if there are any applicable warranties/recalls that may address the concern you might be experiencing.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Nope, im extremely happy so far.. :-)

/Tobbe
Old 06-02-2012, 11:42 PM   #6
cactuseater

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam62 View Post
Here was my beige top before GM bought it back at about 3k miles. The dark spots are holes. The rub marks aren't as noticeable at first on the beige tops, by the time I was postive they were rub marks .. too late.. holes.... gm bought it back. The mark at the rear, on the stitching.. the service manager at the dealership accused me of burning it with a cigarette!
Cigarette burn....that's the first thing the morons said to me as well. I went ballistic on them. Your hole is in the same exact place mine was. Now going on top replacement #2, along with damaged interior parts do to flooding from leaks and bad workmanship. Mine gets worse every time I get it back from the dealer.
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #7
crd2daniel

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible 2SS/RS LS3
Those two spots are rubbing together when the top is down, I did the lotion test to see where mine was rubbing. I put lotion on the spot on the left above the door and lowered it then raised it to see where it was rubbing and just like yours it's rubbing against the thick seam on the edge by the headrest. So now whenever I lower the top I stick a piece of velcro on that spot so it dosn't become a hole. When I raise it I just take it off and save it until the next time.
Attached Images

crd2daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:03 PM   #8
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Too bad, we shouldn't have to - but good idea, especially since it sounds like it will save your top!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd2daniel View Post
Those two spots are rubbing together when the top is down, I did the lotion test to see where mine was rubbing. I put lotion on the spot on the left above the door and lowered it then raised it to see where it was rubbing and just like yours it's rubbing against the thick seam on the edge by the headrest. So now whenever I lower the top I stick a piece of velcro on that spot so it dosn't become a hole. When I raise it I just take it off and save it until the next time.