Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Exterior Parts & Accessories

Old 12-01-2011, 06:46 PM   #1
ArmoSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Group Buy: VIS AMS / Terminator CF Hoods - Price Updated..Free Shipping for So Cal

Update to Pricing and Information!!

We have confirmation for a group buy for the VIS AMS Carbon Fiber Hood (in the left picture) and/or the VIS Terminator Carbon Fiber Hood (in the right picture). We can get the pricing below for any combination of the 2 hoods. So, we can order 5 AMS or 5 Terminator, or 3 AMS and 2 Terminator...it doesn't matter. We just need to get to 5.

These hoods come with rain guards.

AMS Hood: $800

Terminator Hood: $725

Shipping: FREE for Southern California, $140 elsewhere

Payment Info:

Once we confirm all of the buyers, we will be provided invoices with Paypal information for us to put down a 50% deposit ($400) and then the other $400 at time of shippment. I believe there are 3 AMS hoods available now, so some of us can pay the whole $800 now and get the hood immedaitely. If waiting for an order, it will take 2 - 3 weeks after deposit.

Interested Members (AMS):

ArmoSS
Kaveduck
Azvren
Dirtdog
SoCal Swagger
ZuluKilla8
William.23 (Maybe)

Interested Members (Terminator):

Melvinakshay
2FST2LIV2YNG2DY
MichaelH (Maybe)
Attached Images

Last edited by ArmoSS; 12-21-2011 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Updated Information
ArmoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:48 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
I *might* be in for the one on the left
Old 12-01-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
ArmoSS

Cool...I'd like to add that shipping will be the same rate even if multiple hoods are sent to the same location. So, if you get X amount delivered to a specific city (address), it'll be $150 still. Good way to save money if buying with some local buyers.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:59 PM   #4
The Stig

From what I know of freight shipping it costs the same to ship 10 hoods or 1 hood
Old 12-01-2011, 07:10 PM   #5
ArmoSS

Exactly...it's local delivery from their warehouse in So Cal, hence the $30. And, frieght shipping to elsewhere for $150...but can ship multiple items for the same price.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:55 PM   #6
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
I'm biased because I have the first one . I just had the shop pick mine up, or do it yourself as save the shipping. The manufacturer is close to us I SoCal. I can't remember if you saw my car in person or not Armo, but you can't go wrong with either one. I will say though, that I don't drive my car in the rain because the vents in the good are completely functional and obviously will drench everything under the hood. Even with the rainguards on, the engine and fuse box still has some water left on it from what I've seen when went. I would consider driving another vehicle when it rains just in case. Check out my build thread if you need to see pics.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:24 PM   #7
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoSS View Post
Exactly...it's local delivery from their warehouse in So Cal, hence the $30. And, frieght shipping to elsewhere for $150...but can ship multiple items for the same price.
But they all get shipped to the same place. That's the catch
Old 12-01-2011, 11:41 PM   #8
ArmoSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
I'm biased because I have the first one . I just had the shop pick mine up, or do it yourself as save the shipping. The manufacturer is close to us I SoCal. I can't remember if you saw my car in person or not Armo, but you can't go wrong with either one. I will say though, that I don't drive my car in the rain because the vents in the good are completely functional and obviously will drench everything under the hood. Even with the rainguards on, the engine and fuse box still has some water left on it from what I've seen when went. I would consider driving another vehicle when it rains just in case. Check out my build thread if you need to see pics.
Can't blame you for being biased man...it's a sick hood! I'm in SoCal, so they'll just charge $30 to deliver it to the shop, which is no biggie. I do recall seeing yours (in Simi if I'm not mistaking), but I didn't take a good look. It looked awesome though from what I saw. And I agree with you about the vents and rain. I plan on not driving this car in the rain ever, especially after I get my hood. I really wanted to get the Unrestricted Motorsports hood, but the vents on that seem much more "open" than even this hood, so I'm not too sure about that one. Thanks for looking out though...appreciate the info. Looking forward to the next meet.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:51 PM   #9
TCAT

A $30 shipping charge is great to be honest. I know what you mean about the unrestricted motosports hood. In all honesty, I was soooo close to getting that one too, and I wouldn't let the openness of it deter you from getting it. You'll run into the same potential problems with either IVS or Unrestricted hood. You won't be driving in rain though, so you can run either hood without any worry whatsoever! Give all three hoods some serious thought as they are all badass. One of the guys in our club named Mohawk has the terminator hood and I have to say, it's bad to the bone man. Good luck with the decision, as they are all sweet as all hell.

Last edited by TCAT; 12-02-2011 at 12:22 AM.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:57 PM   #10
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
Interested
Old 12-02-2011, 01:16 AM   #11
ArmoSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCAT View Post
A $30 shipping charge is great to be honest. I know what you mean about the unrestricted motosports hood. In all honesty, I was soooo close to getting that one too, and I wouldn't let the openness of it deter you from getting it. You'll run into the same potential problems with either IVS or Unrestricted hood. You won't be driving in rain though, so you can run either hood without any worry whatsoever! Give all three hoods some serious thought as they are all badass. One of the guys in our club named Mohawk has the terminator hood and I have to say, it's bad to the bone man. Good luck with the decision, as they are all sweet as all hell.
All valid points. I'll need to decide. I'm just wondering if there's too much going on with the U.M. Hood. That's also why I'm leaning towards the AMS vs Terminator because it's more subtle. Do you by chance have a few pics of Mohawk's hood, or a link where I can see it on the car? I'm having trouble finding some installed pics of the Terminator hood.
Old 12-02-2011, 01:17 AM   #12
melvinakshay
Vrooom Vrooom

Drives: Camaro 2011 black LS
in for the right
melvinakshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 01:22 AM   #13
TCAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmoSS View Post
All valid points. I'll need to decide. I'm just wondering if there's too much going on with the U.M. Hood. That's also why I'm leaning towards the AMS vs Terminator because it's more subtle. Do you by chance have a few pics of Mohawk's hood, or a link where I can see it on the car? I'm having trouble finding some installed pics of the Terminator hood.
Yes I do! Here's his photo album: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album.php?albumid=8131
Old 12-02-2011, 09:33 AM   #14
AngelSpeedFreak
Most hated in NM....

Drives: Sold the 6POINT2, went to a 50THZ06
how many people do you need for a group buy?