Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #1
jayscamaro
Banned

Drives: 2012 camaro 1LT
I can't believe this!

First of all I'd like to say I love my car and I am not trying to degrade it in anyw which way. However after comparing my car to others, I have come to realize the speed on my v6 is kinda pathetic. A camry can run similar 0-60? Lol. So after I install my eagle eyes I'm going all performance. I have a CAI waiting to be installed. Any other opinions on what should be my next mod? And nothing to crazy lol. And no I'm not gunna get an SS anytime soon so don't say it .
Lol thanks guys
jayscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:08 PM   #2
Powhusku

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayscamaro View Post
First of all I'd like to say I love my car and I am not trying to degrade it in anyw which way. However after comparing my car to others, I have come to realize the speed on my v6 is kinda pathetic. A camry can run similar 0-60? Lol. So after I install my eagle eyes I'm going all performance. I have a CAI waiting to be installed. Any other opinions on what should be my next mod? And nothing to crazy lol. And no I'm not gunna get an SS anytime soon so don't say it .
Lol thanks guys
The new Camrys are pretty quick. Who cares? Your Camaro has curb/visual appeal that's miles ahead of any new Toyota.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:11 PM   #3
jayscamaro
Banned

Yes camaros looks are unparalell for their price .
Old 03-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #4
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
You need to check out the bolt-ons V6 section. Guys are picking up some nice HP.
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #5
RANGERGOD
IDBZ M.C.

Drives: 12' IOM, 2SS, LS3
You have an awesome looking car!
Old 03-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #6
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
I have an SS so by responding people are going to flip out and call me an SShole or worse. Relax, you've a killer car. Who cares if a Camry beats it. That guy is still stuck in a camry
Old 03-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #7
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Injen or Vararam intake and manifold insulator for starters. That alone will make a very nice change.

Otherwise try not to worry about it so much. Camaros are heavy cars and not geared all that aggressively so thats what happens.

EDIT:..woops...you have a 2012....insulator will not work and probably isn't needed since your car has a different manifold already compared to the 2010s and 11s.

Last edited by KMPrenger; 03-04-2012 at 06:34 PM.
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:52 PM   #8
YourBlindingBias
Banned

Drives: GT500/ZL1
This problem has an easy solution, stop comparing your car to other cars.
It doesn't change your car and you should be happy with what you have and have more confidence than worrying about what other people's cars are doing
YourBlindingBias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:14 PM   #9
JoshBobGuptaMarley
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3 GBA
Maybe try a s......no I won't say it hehe. Even with the SS there are plenty of faster cars on the road. I promise the Camry can't look or sound anything like your camaro. Do a cai with the scoop and then get a cat back exhausts. Then hope that vmax gets the TB for the 2012v6 and enjoy how much better your car sounds with what you have. Get a lightweight battery and take everything out of the trunk. Things you can do......Cut the mufflers off and get lightweight aftermarket tires. Then start getting lightweight suspension upgrades. Take the backseat out. All these things will make you faster.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #10
ss409cid

Drives: 2011 SS RS Convertible
Id take a slow Camaro over a fast Camry any day.....
Old 03-04-2012, 07:22 PM   #11
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
Someone will always have a faster car I wouldn't worry about it. Your Camaro is way better looking then any Camry so just enjoy your ride. The CAI will wake it up and changing the exhaust won't really give you any HP but it will make the car sound better.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:55 PM   #12
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
your also comparing the top of the line Camry to the bottom of the line camaro. that Camry will run about 28k as compared to the 24k or less camaro. and your only talking 0-60 times, which don't vary much with any V6, usually tenths of a second. you'd kill it in the quarter mile, and it could never handle turns anywhere near the speed the camaro could. the suspension on the camry is tuned so grandma gets a gentle ride. the camaro is tuned for performance.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #13
jayscamaro
Banned

Okay guys the camry was just a comparison, the real reason for the post was the list of mods, therefore thanks to those who helped.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:51 AM   #14
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayscamaro View Post
Okay guys the camry was just a comparison, the real reason for the post was the list of mods, therefore thanks to those who helped.
Whatever mods you do, just do them for yourself. Unless you are getting serious about racing your car then just do what you like. Hit up some car cruises. Check out the cars and talk to other V6 owners to find out what you want to do. There's always going to be someone faster and if you're trying to beat them then your really just comparing checkbooks. Good luck and enjoy