Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 02-28-2010, 08:49 PM   #127
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
I understand that part but every tournament I have ever played in that started round robin seeding and went to single elimination and this same thing happened "team Canada" would have to beat "team USA" twice. But that is just me. Again great win
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:26 PM   #128
Scourage
Syntax Error

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Yeah, have to win when it counts. I wouldn't mind a best of 3
Scourage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:35 PM   #129
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman09 View Post
I understand that part but every tournament I have ever played in that started round robin seeding and went to single elimination and this same thing happened "team Canada" would have to beat "team USA" twice. But that is just me. Again great win
Never heard of getting a third chance against a team in a round robin+single elimination style tournament. Even in double elimination tournaments, the final championship game is it, winner take all.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:31 PM   #130
mulehead7
stubborn as a ...

Drives: '94 Trans Am
Congratulations to all of the Canadian citizens for paying to host a terrific winter games. I'm glad the men and women's teams each won gold in hockey (your national pastime). You have reason to keep your heads held high. Canada won the most gold medals of any nation. Enjoy your proud moments, you all deserve them. The US has many moments to savor too. Some US citizens aren't satisfied unless they win everything, guess that's why we have so many issues regarding greed and failure to recognize our fellow citizens. Canada came out looking like first class hosts. Thanks again!

mulehead7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:41 PM   #131
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulehead7 View Post
Congratulations to all of the Canadian citizens for paying to host a terrific winter games. I'm glad the men and women's teams each won gold in hockey (your national pastime). You have reason to keep your heads held high. Canada won the most gold medals of any nation. Enjoy your proud moments, you all deserve them. The US has many moments to savor too. Canada came out looking like first class hosts. Thanks again!
+1

Well said, young man!!!...
Old 03-01-2010, 11:22 PM   #132
Rickerbucks
HP addict

Drives: 2 SS RS,
Bill Shatners reference about our health care system taking care of splinters due to love making in canoes made me smile.

I wonder if that was also a reference to the following joke.....

What does Budweiser and sex in a canoe have in common?

They are both f&*king close to water?

Speaking of CDN beer......here is a TIMELESS ad for Molson Canadian Beer. indeed, the closing ceremonies really riffed of this original.

or this one...

Rickerbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:41 PM   #133
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I don't know if Molson spotted the trend early, or if they caused the trend but patriotism seems to have been on the rise since the Canada Joe rant. Tim Hortons has a good one for Roll up the Rim right now, dismissing a bunch of stereotypes while perpetuating others.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 11:35 PM   #134
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
I feel bad for anyone not watching this game.
That would be me. I just found this.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:06 AM   #135
usairman8806

Drives: Victory Red 1LT/RS
It was indeed a great game. I was in Germany watching it and you could definitely tell a bunch of people were watching the game in the rooms. When we scored that goal with 20 seconds left you could hear the entire building going nuts. lol But that of course was short lived. Congrats Canada!!! great game.
usairman8806 is offline   Reply With Quote