Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-12-2011, 07:19 AM   #15
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandaseve View Post
It IS the sebring. They refreshed and renamed it.
Research, it might as well be a diofferent car. Different exterior, much better and higher qality interior, revised suspension with a lower ride height and wider track.....
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:20 AM   #16
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Get a Sonic, very cool car with excellent reviews.
Only rental car companies are buying the Chrysler 200.
Um, no, Chrysler has vastly decreased the amt of cars going to the rental companies, I generally see lots of Malibu and Camry rentals around here.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:26 AM   #17
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Not really, Ford killed the Taurus and released the Five Hundred because they felt all their cars needed to start with "F." The Five Hundred was fairly mediocre and Ford felt that changing the name from Taurus was the reason it wasn't received very well, so it was renamed "Taurus."
The 500 was based on a Volvo platform, in 08 it was refreshed (far lighter than the refresh from Sebring to 200), then they came out with the 2010 Taurus which, BTW is still the same platform. Same with 06-09 FUsion and the 2010 plus fusion, new one got plenty of accolades where as the previous didn't, Happens all the time. Also the only thing lookswise the 200 shares with the Sebring is the roofline, nothing that could be done about that.

As for the origional question. I have driven the Avenger, basically the same car. Loved it and was totally surprised. The 200 is getting excellent reliability scores and has the wards 10 best pentastar V6. i loved the touchscreen control panel, it was actually very intuitive and worked very well. The engine was nice. i is not as roomy as some other midsizers, but the price per content is thousands less than other midsizers.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:04 AM   #18
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Just another POS chrysler product. They should keep Jeep and Ram and close up shop on the rest.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:26 AM   #19
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Just another POS chrysler product. They should keep Jeep and Ram and close up shop on the rest.
And please give reasons why? Have you driven either the 200 or the Avenger? is it because of the constantly increasing sales of ALL FOUR BRANDS? Because of heavily increased reliability scores or because of award winning engineering like the pentastar V6? Using high end tech like the 8 speed auto used by such companies as Audi and BMW? I am lost.......
Old 12-12-2011, 12:26 PM   #20
jandaseve

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 1SS/RS Hurst
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Research, it might as well be a diofferent car. Different exterior, much better and higher qality interior, revised suspension with a lower ride height and wider track.....
Read 1st paragraph: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_200

A revision/refresh does not make a new car. Based on what you are saying, a 2011 mustang gt isnt really a mustang gt since its so different from a 2010 (engine, transmission, suspension, etc.). I wasn' t trying to slam Chrysler or the 200, just pointing out that they renamed the sebring.

Also, at the end of that article it says the 200 was originally a hybrid concept based on the 300.
jandaseve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #21
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
And please give reasons why? Have you driven either the 200 or the Avenger? is it because of the constantly increasing sales of ALL FOUR BRANDS? Because of heavily increased reliability scores or because of award winning engineering like the pentastar V6? Using high end tech like the 8 speed auto used by such companies as Audi and BMW? I am lost.......
When your at the very bottom there's know where else to go but up. Award winning engineering like the pentastar V6. Haha! Is that why they're blowing up left and right?
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:46 PM   #22
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Um, no, Chrysler has vastly decreased the amt of cars going to the rental companies, I generally see lots of Malibu and Camry rentals around here.
Um no, Motor Trend seems to think the ragtop Chrysler 200 is a rental car.
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...n/viewall.html
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 07:22 AM   #23
Stew

Quote:
When your at the very bottom there's know where else to go but up. Award winning engineering like the pentastar V6. Haha! Is that why they're blowing up left and right?
LOL, Since when are they blowing up left and right? Proof? there was a bad batch, but Chrysler replaced those in the affected cars. So........... your just being a GM nutswinging hater, maybe I should go over the list of issues my brother is having with his CTS??????
Old 12-13-2011, 07:26 AM   #24
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Um no, Motor Trend seems to think the ragtop Chrysler 200 is a rental car.
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...n/viewall.html
LOL, so when they are bashing the Camaro and putting it in last place behid the Challenger and Mustang it's a conspiracy, but when they post something negative about a car you are against they are preaching the gospel? Oh, and that article was against convertibles available for rent, and it was the 200, Eos, Mustang (which, per them, is the most popular rental vert), and the RENTAL CAMARO lol. I thought we were discussing the sedan anyway???? Besides i never said it is never used as a rental, just that Chrysler sales no more to rental agencies than any other manufacturer, these days anyway.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:29 AM   #25
Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandaseve View Post
Read 1st paragraph: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_200

A revision/refresh does not make a new car. Based on what you are saying, a 2011 mustang gt isnt really a mustang gt since its so different from a 2010 (engine, transmission, suspension, etc.). I wasn' t trying to slam Chrysler or the 200, just pointing out that they renamed the sebring.

Also, at the end of that article it says the 200 was originally a hybrid concept based on the 300.
But an 11 GT looks exactly like a 10 GT. The 200 shares only the roof with a Sebring so the name change is fine and the car is like a totally different vehicle from a Sebring to drive. Yes, basically they did, but there were enough differences it is not like when Ford put a different grill on the 500 and a new engine with no other changes and called it the Taurus.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:03 AM   #26
HEMI DAVE

Drives: 2016 Z06, 2015 Hellcat Challenger,
Quote:
Yeah.......then you wouldnt have to see Challenger 392's raping SS's anymore.......

Back on topic...my wife was looking at a 200 hardtop vert.......but we ended up getting the 2011 Chrysler 300 limited ....which I think is totally awesome!!
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2011, 04:57 PM   #27
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
yeah, it was the hardtop he was looking at...

but yesterday, he told me he went to look at a couple other cars & another customer there offered to let him buy out the lease on his mercades for a bit cheaper than market... he's considering it if the car checks out...
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote