Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #57
zSHOWTIMEz
So Cal Invasion

Drives: 2011 2SS RS PACKAGE
Respect goes a long way !
I've had my "why the **** did you pull me over moments "
And drive off with a pretty long ticket got written up for everything he did even ask If I had tidbits he wrote down regardless lol
After that I show respect act nice answer all thier questions like I actually know the answers lol works pretty well id say out of the 7 tickets I received 6 were actually my fault for not obeying the law but I got let off easier than what I actually got pulled over for .
Then I take them all to court lol hoping the cop doesn't show up and if they do " good morning sir mg apologizes for wasting your time with having to come to court, but I was hoping if you can make this a non moving violation I just started college I can't afford to pay more money on my insurance" lol works like a charm it's all respect and additude
zSHOWTIMEz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #58
tonyko1
Banned

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible, IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
PICS...Now.

I have been nice after being pulled over and gotten out of tickets...warnings or written down to 9 over no points violations...it is all attitude. You give them lip, they are going to give you the slip.
No pics for you bud! I am still trying for reconciliation and last thing I need is one of her dad's friends seeing her on this lovefest, ugh.
tonyko1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:04 PM   #59
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Girl + Camaro = Warning

If that was me, I would have gotten a ticket, unless the officer was female ;]
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:50 PM   #60
Grey Ghost

Drives: 2013 HWSE 2SS
Funny story!
Old 09-21-2012, 01:16 PM   #61
lgKido

Drives: 2002 Dodge Ram :(
Quote:
Alas, my first encounter with law enforcement had finally arrived.
I'm pleased to hear that things worked out for you. But the word "Alas" is a word I seldom see except in p _ _ _ er. Nothing wrong with that. Maybe "someone" was looking out for you. Take care........
lgKido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 01:45 PM   #62
Black N' Yellow

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
So when is going 5 over NOT speeding? It's called a speed LIMIT for a reason...
5 miles over in a 40 mph zone is 12,5% over the limit
5 miles over in a 70 mph zone is 7% over the limit. So which is worse?
Doing 45 in a 40 is almost the same as doing 80 in a 70.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #63
sugar'n'spice

Drives: .
Oops! Stuff happens...
sugar'n'spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:32 PM   #64
Johnthegreat

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS black camaro
I'm not going to lie,When I pull a car over and she's hot and respectful ,she gets a warning all the time. It is what it is.
Johnthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #65
JustRaf
YOU.ONLY.LIVE.ONCE

Drives: Camaro 2LT/RS 2013
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
So when is going 5 over NOT speeding? It's called a speed LIMIT for a reason...
5 miles over in a 40 mph zone is 12,5% over the limit
5 miles over in a 70 mph zone is 7% over the limit. So which is worse?
Doing 45 in a 40 is almost the same as doing 80 in a 70.
Ok. I got your point on that!! I believe you only drive you Camaro 1LT on posted speed limit. That is no fun!! Lol..
JustRaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:46 PM   #66
silver96camaro

Drives: 2011 cyber grey metallic camaro ls
Send a message via Yahoo to silver96camaro
i'll try to keep my rant to a minimum.

the honolulu police department has caused me to lose respect for all law enforcement. i have no problems owning up to things i've done wrong. i feel targeted though. i've had nothing but bad experiences with police from the very first time i got pulled over. the cop walked up to the car and asked if i knew why i had been pulled over i said "no sir." his response was "don't call me sir. my name is officer (whateverhisnamewas)" he then pointed out that i looked nervous, like i had something to hide. he then asked me to get out and searched the whole car. for a 16 year old kid (im now 31) this was absolutely terrifying. when accelerating away from a stop light a little faster than the rest of the pack (without speeding) becomes "exhibition of speed", when my stock v6 exhaust sounds too loud and results in a fix it ticket that i have to go to court for, or the time i had to go to court to get a ticket thrown out for having my license plate looks less than a foot off the ground (the bottom was actually 13 1/2 inches away installed by the dealer) something needs to change. i've installed video cameras on the front, rear, and both sides of my car. most recently i got pulled over for running a red light. cop was making a big stink about it. i told him i was recording everything and that there was no way i had run the light. he still gave me the ticket obviously. i went to court and showed the judge the video the ticket got thrown out but the cop still won because i had to miss work to go to court missing out on my days pay. when i'm not the person doing any wrong my experiences are just as bad. a few years back my wifes car was broken into and a laptop was stolen. we had clear video from the parking garage of the event taking place. the police refused to take the video as evidence because "he's probably long gone". another time someone tried to steal my wifes bike. we caught the person in the act. we chased the person on foot even though the dispatcher we were on the phone with said not to. when the police finally caught up to us they refused to file a report telling my wife and i that we had a "happy ending" that we should consider ourselves "lucky because you got your bike back". we wanted to press charges but they ended up letting the person who stole the bike go because they didn't have time. they had to respond to a bar fight. when i was little i really believed police were the good guys. i viewed them as superheros. i've since learned the hard way that they're just normal people looking to earn a pay check and putting in the minimum amount of work they need to do not to get fired. i really did try to keep a positive attitude for the first 5 or 6 years of my life behind the wheel. it made no difference.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:26 PM   #67
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRaf View Post
Ok. I got your point on that!! I believe you only drive you Camaro 1LT on posted speed limit. That is no fun!! Lol..
I never said I did, but if I get a ticket for speeding 45 in a 40 I am not gonna cry how unfair it is.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:30 PM   #68
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowSStopper View Post
With an attitude like that, you must have a BINDER full of citations.

I love people who say, "Oh I would have done this" or "I would have done that".

$500 says that in an actual traffic stop, you would keep your mouth shut and not even think about acting like that.

Only 1 ticket and it was for 1 over. No joke. Secondly, I was only referring to the OPs post were she told the LEO that she did stop and the officer said they had video. If I was driving and I knew I did stop, but the officer said I didn't, then YES, I would want to see the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTIMIDAT3R View Post
Yep, having an attitude when pulled over always works.

The LAST thing you want to do is stroke the piranha when you get pulled over.

If they write you a ticket, BEFORE you sign is when you ask to see the video. Up until then it could just be a warning.

Here in Iowa, they're not required to show you the video or radar gun.

Of all people Intimidat3r, its funny to see you try to tell me how to get out of tickets when you have had at least 3 in 6 months.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote