Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-21-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
chrislhardin
Kalel7

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT2 Victory Red
Replacing headlights in LT2 with Halo headlights

Has anyone come up with a proven solution for installing the factory GM Halo headlights from the RS package in the non-RS Camaro? Keep in mind that what I am asking for here is for first hand information from someone who has done it, I've seen quite a bit of Internet 3rd party conjecture.
chrislhardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 01:55 PM   #2
GreyGhost

Drives: Custom CGM/Pearl White 2010 Camaro
Sorry. I chose the AAC aftermarket solution instead of trying to get the RS headlamps installed and working. Lots of concerns about getting the necessary re-programming that is apparently required for a non-RS car to function with RS headlamps.

Good luck. Maybe someone has actually found a way to get it done.

Personally, I am very happy with the way the aftermarket solution worked out. I wired them to my parking lamps so I have the option to turn them on without the headlights.

CGM w/ Pearl White and Kandy Kopper FlexPaint wrap, matching bow ties and brake covers, amber halos & fogs"
Awesome image by: Hazman
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #3
CamaroCleve
Heavy Chevy Rider

Drives: 2010 2LT Camaro+ '82 Berlinetta
Grey Ghost, Did You Find It Difficult To Wire And Install Them Yourself? The Shop Here In GA That Was Recommended To Me By AAC Tried To Charge Me Like $350.00 Plus An Additional $100.00 Fee!!!
CamaroCleve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:08 PM   #4
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
I am pleased to announce that after months of research my car is officially a working RS. It is actually very simple and works perfectly. So to answer your question, I personally have the RS headlamps in my car and work flawless.
jrpxxii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:10 PM   #5
jrpxxii

There is no re-programming required. All you need is wire, fuses and diodes.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:10 PM   #6
AdnanHfuda

Drives: none :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
I am pleased to announce that after months of research my car is officially a working RS. It is actually very simple and works perfectly. So to answer your question, I personally have the RS headlamps in my car and work flawless.
got a writeup about it somewhere on here?
Old 03-21-2010, 02:15 PM   #7
jrpxxii

No not yet as Gary Otto is who figured this out originally and stepped up and helped me out. I will try and do a write up for everyone with pics as it is very simple to do and I was the first one to try this when I bought the RS headlamps in July of 09 and have been waiting ever since for the correct way to make them work like factory. Anyone going to c5fest I will be happy to share to my car with you to see first hand how this is done.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:26 PM   #8
AdnanHfuda

Drives: none :(
Quote:
No not yet as Gary Otto is who figured this out originally and stepped up and helped me out. I will try and do a write up for everyone with pics as it is very simple to do and I was the first one to try this when I bought the RS headlamps in July of 09 and have been waiting ever since for the correct way to make them work like factory. Anyone going to c5fest I will be happy to share to my car with you to see first hand how this is done.
ill be on the lookout for that
Old 03-21-2010, 02:28 PM   #9
brAnd7onX

Drives: 2012 1SS IOM
Quote:
You should create a DIY thread on this because I know a lot of people who will be interested in this! I'm one of them because I don't want to pay $1,200 for headlights.
brAnd7onX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:34 PM   #10
Krozzbow

Drives: 2LT/BB 3.6 V6 6-M Jun'09 #A9100242
OK jrpxxii, your on the hook now on C5. Just want to know how it was done in your camaro incase I decide to have the RS look. I still love my retro look.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:29 PM   #11
jrpxxii

Just so everyone is clear, this is for the $1200 headlamps with HID and Halos. If you only want the look of halos, buy a set of halos for $150 and install them. If you buy the RS headlamps and put them in an SS, they will not work without special wiring and this is what everyone is wanting to know. The next time I have car apart I will take all the pics and do a DIY but it will require pulling fender well liners out to get pics of wiring.

Tags
halo, headlamps, headlights