Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-24-2013, 09:52 AM   #15
SS785

Drives: Camaro SS
Great story! Thanks for sharing and bienvenido to the Camaro family
SS785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #16
paul44

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Congrats on the new car! Funny how many things one can discover about cars like these with a small internet search. I actually found out that the previous owner of my car was a member here. I tried contacting him but I've received no answer so far. Must be real cool having the only RJT Camaro in Colombia. Felicidades hermano, estos coches son maravillosos!
Old 05-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #17
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by juandavr View Post
Hi! let me tell you my camaro story.

I always loved sports cars, especially muscle cars (I don't know, there is something in them, an amazing feeling of power) so when i finally got a well-paid job, almost the first thing I did was follow that dream.

I did a little research before going on to it and came with two cars (which are the cheapest here in my country) and those cars were the mustang GT500 (only model sold here) and Camaro, so obviously did a test on both on a fantastic highway called "Las Palmas" that is a perfect test road, its 15km of road that goes from 5000ft up to 8000ft and has close curves and straight parts so I could test all the potential of both cars.

Both were great cars, but there was something in the camaro that the mustang didn't have, not just the handling and it looks amazing but the feeling of it, like all the tecnhology (the HUD really amazed me). so finally I went with the camaro

So I did all the paperwork but came with a huge problem, the price, the dealer first told me that a new 2LT/RS was about 40.000 and a SS 50K, but then she told me that there was a mistake, that was the prices for used camaros and i wanted a new one but they were 2LT/RS 60K and SS 70K , another problem, delivery were taking up to 6 months, my tought was "I want that car, and I want it now!" so she found me a Red Jewel 2LT/RS with 2500km on it and on perfect shape...it was love at first sight.

Finally on november 8 2012, I was at my job and my dealer called me "your car is readye, you can come and pick it up"...I could not believe it, just not so I went and the gave me the key and since then, I have never been so happy.

So back on the thread, last week I was surfing the web and found some launch articles about the camaro in Colombia, back to November of 2010 and chevy borught an SS, a Hennesey SS LPE650 and a Red Jewel RS (a video of it, you
) , it inmediatly called my attention, so I zoomed the picture to take a clooser look to the license plate and... HOLY S..T! that's my car!, so, a little research of the previus owner (never really cared about it, the car was in a good shape and all papers were ok)...there was no really previous owner, this car was owned by chevy...little more of research...THIS CAR WAS THE FIRST CAMARO 2LT/RS BROUGHT TO COLOMBIA, so not onlye I have a unique car with a unique color(is the only camaro in colombia with RJT) but the first one brought! I was really speechless

Sorry about the long post, I had to tell my story and hey! some pictures of it and the link to the Camaro new http://www.ecbloguer.com/blogaraje/?p=2676

Thanks to all!
Very cool story juandavr! We would also like to welcome you to the forum and congratulate you as well.

Reggie B.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #18
Bumble.Bee
Account Suspended

Drives: Prius
Los pollos hermanos
Bumble.Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:07 PM   #19
SuperSport2011

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs rally yellow L99
very cool man. I'm sure this car is that much more special too. I have no doubt that you'll enjoy every minute of it. search our site for information and ask if you want to know something, there are lots of appearance/performance modifications you can do for your liking. The car that you got is timeless, it'll always look good and will never go out of style. Great choice. Oh and cool video.
- Kooks high flow cats - Borla atak 2.5" cat back exhaust - Dyno tune - AFM delete - 94 octane tune - Vitesse paddle shifters - Blacked out rims - Costum painted engine cover - T3 stripes - GM locking gas cap
SuperSport2011 is offline   Reply With Quote