Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 09-25-2018, 11:00 PM   #1
DJ Stevo

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro RS
How often do you change your tires???

I have Pirelli tires on my 2015 Chevy Camaro 1LT (RS Package) with about 55 000 kms on them. After how many kms/miles do you normally change your tires? I’m looking at getting a new set within the next couple of weeks.
DJ Stevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 05:16 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Truly.....it depends on how you drive. For a V6 car (I think most of us [V6 owners] don't drive your cars as hard), I think you got good mileage out of your stock tires, its about how much I got out of mine. There are plenty of people that get a LOT less, but that's mostly because that race their cars more and/or drive a lot more aggressively.
Old 09-26-2018, 05:48 AM   #3
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
I'm at ~30,000 km/~19,000 miles on the PZero's with about half their tread left, and I drive fairly aggressively, at least around corners, hence the suspension mods; I'm not so much into burnouts, however... I'll leave that to the people who don't pay a mortgage

Also, where abouts in the Hammer are you, DJ Stevo? I'm also in/from Hamilton
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:36 AM   #4
Vipercar

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT/RS
I also have about 30,000 km on my originals but I am concerned that age will do them in before wear and tear. Does anyone have any thoughts as to how long the rubber compound will last and the tires just degrade because of age?
Vipercar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 12:22 PM   #5
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Stevo View Post
I have Pirelli tires on my 2015 Chevy Camaro 1LT (RS Package) with about 55 000 kms on them. After how many kms/miles do you normally change your tires? I’m looking at getting a new set within the next couple of weeks.
I think others commented based on your style of driving, but it also has a lot to do with the roads you drive on. Some roads are harsh on tires and really wear them a lot, like back/country roads. Again, so many variables, when they get worn, get new ones. They are not made to last forever. FWIW, I hated the Pirelli's on the car, seems they could not hook with anything. I was glad to see them go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipercar View Post
I also have about 30,000 km on my originals but I am concerned that age will do them in before wear and tear. Does anyone have any thoughts as to how long the rubber compound will last and the tires just degrade because of age?
Usually around the 5-6 year range if just sitting and not being used. Also depends on the climate and conditions, along with how you take care of them, parked in a garage our outside. Are the sidewalls starting to get any cracks in the rubber or along the edge of the tread?
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 01:35 PM   #6
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
just replaced the pirellis at 36,000 miles.got cooper zeon from tire rack.i like them better than the pirellisas they dont try to follow every little rut in the road and they ride better too.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 08:55 PM   #7
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
I have two extra sets of OEM wheels/tires in the garage. I like to change the looks every so often. I just have a thing for different wheel setups. Currently running the 21" and really like the look.
Old 09-28-2018, 06:10 AM   #8
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
I have two extra sets of OEM wheels/tires in the garage. I like to change the looks every so often. I just have a thing for different wheel setups. Currently running the 21" and really like the look.
And I hope you/family made out good with Flo. I'm from New Bern and family still there. My parents house did not make out so well.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2018, 08:03 AM   #9
firedruish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Stevo View Post
I change twice a year regardless because of snow. I have 2 rim and tire set ups. How long do tires last, that is based on way to many factors. Other posters are on the money when they say its how you drive, the roads you drive on and how you break. The tires also play a part, for example to soft of rubber or hard of rubber just adds to the wear. Learning lots about tires learning and loving my car, along with the rest of the family vehicles. I still haven't found a tire that will give me 30k miles in the staggered fitment.