Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #43
Tavo32

Drives: LFX LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
Man... There is people on this site that would start a lynch mob and go after the vendor that had their car for more than a couple months... Kudos to you for your patience and for being the guinea pig for the cams!
What he said lol
Old 09-07-2013, 01:51 PM   #44
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Surely you have a "before" dyno to compare to right? A good after dyno to compare is what we need to see. The tune will be key assuming the mechanics are correct.
Old 09-07-2013, 02:41 PM   #45
vong

Drives: Hazard Yellow Holden VE SV6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacnJsn95 View Post
Man... There is people on this site that would start a lynch mob and go after the vendor that had their car for more than a couple months... Kudos to you for your patience and for being the guinea pig for the cams!
Well the thing is that there were so many delays that they gave me back my money so cams ended up being free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Surely you have a "before" dyno to compare to right? A good after dyno to compare is what we need to see. The tune will be key assuming the mechanics are correct.
Unfortunately not mate. There was an LLT with just a catback and otr that got 210rwkw after a dyno tune so I dare say mine would be a bit more than that because it was an auto. Not sure how much cams alone will get because I've also added downpipes with 200cpsi cats and the 3.7 diff gears will change the torque for sure.

I'm hoping we get over 230rwkw with all the mods. If not then I'll be really disappointed seeing how time this is taking.
vong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:50 AM   #46
vong

Got 205rwkw on it's first base run. Still plenty of tuning left to do and it looks promising at the moment.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #47
Yellow_Glide

Drives: 2011 1LT "Chakita". 04 Yota
Hi Vong,

Congrats on being the first cammed LFX - I was there on the LLT almost a year ago, unfortunately still tuning on my side.

Out of curiosity, what's the duration on your cams?

Build thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3847083

Yellow_Glide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #48
vong

Thanks mate. Yeah that's a shame about yours, hopefully it gets sorted soon for you mate.

The grind is 210@.05 which I think is still the same as previous ones.

Last edited by vong; 09-10-2013 at 02:15 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:20 AM   #49
vong

Did another run today. 206rwkw on the conservative factory rev limit. With power still climbing to redline, there would still be another 5-10rwkw in it if the rev limit was increased. Tuning is being done on a Mainline Dyno so figures are low compared to other dyno's.

Tuning seems to be a pita, having to use 3 programs at once and software is still being written.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:15 AM   #50
BlackoutLFX

Drives: 2012, Black 2LS
Hi Guys, new to the forum. Looks like I will be the first LFX Camaro with Mace cams. Hopefully things will start "smoothing" out on the tuning soon. Any info on this cam swap will be much appreciated.

Thanks
BlackoutLFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #51
esponda

Drives: V6 LT/RS
I need to mail mine back I've been lazy....
esponda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:45 AM   #52
KMPrenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackoutLFX View Post
Hi Guys, new to the forum. Looks like I will be the first LFX Camaro with Mace cams. Hopefully things will start "smoothing" out on the tuning soon. Any info on this cam swap will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Welcome and good luck!

Once you get started definitely keep us in the know. Please do a before dyno if you can, and any info you can provide us would be great. I'm sure if you've been in talks with Steve at MACE, he will provide you with the very latest cam grinds...likely the same as vong is using.

Are you working directly with MACE?
Old 09-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #53
BlackoutLFX

Quote:
Welcome and good luck!

Once you get started definitely keep us in the know. Please do a before dyno if you can, and any info you can provide us would be great. I'm sure if you've been in talks with Steve at MACE, he will provide you with the very latest cam grinds...likely the same as vong is using.

Are you working directly with MACE?
Thanks for the welcome and well wishes. I plan on documenting the process as much as I can. I might have a dyno run before I switch cams, but it depends on the cost. Feel free to help out with that (wink wink) I will be working closely with my mechanics and possibly helping out on the installation. I have not talked with Steve yet, however I am in correspondence with Dean at Mace. As far as the grind goes Dean says it is 210 @ .050 in/ex. I have been assured that I will have full support from mace regarding this product.

Tuning is a Different story, Just bought a Trifecta tune and find out they do not support tuning these cams. EFI live will do it but Ill have to buy yet another tuner and it ain't cheap...Talked with LMR and they said they could tune it once they get their software updated. Anyway We will see...
Old 09-10-2013, 01:14 PM   #54
KMPrenger

So you are working with Mace....thats good. (Just wanted to make sure you didn't buy cams from RX or something like that). They will have your back.

Ok, so you already bought Trifecta? Have you installed and used the tune? If not, you may consider seeing if you can't get your money back and then maybe you can go with HP tuner or EFI live. That said, if LMR feel confident they can do the tune then you should be set with them since they should be able to do a dyno tune for you and you can just keep your Trifecta tune.

Basically, all I'm saying is, I'd use whatever software you can that the shop you are working with is comfortable using.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:20 PM   #55
BlackoutLFX

Quote:
So you are working with Mace....thats good. (Just wanted to make sure you didn't buy cams from RX or something like that). They will hav

Ok, so you already bought Trifecta? Have you installed and used the tune? If not, you may consider seeing if you can't get your money back and then maybe you can go with HP tuner or EFI live. That said, if LMR feel confident they can do the tune then you should be set with them since they should be able to do a dyno tune for you and you can just keep your Trifecta tune.

Basically, all I'm saying is, I'd use whatever software you can that the shop you are working with is comfortable using.
RX products seem poorly engineered. RX will not get another dime of my money. Bought a V-max throttle body from them like 4 months ago and still nothing....I think I might be one of the reasons their pay-pal was suspended.

Everyone I have had contact with at mace have been awesome.

Trifecta has already been installed. I wrote IPF and they are forwarding my information to the engineers. LMR Said they could do it when they get their software updated.{I think they bought trifecta} Anyway, I will let you guys know what's happening.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:39 PM   #56
pgustavson
Stop writing "vert", ffs!

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
Vmax is not equal to RX

Again, I feel compelled to point out that Vmax products are not RX products. RX merely sells Vmax products (or maybe they no longer do?). PTBs and "Black ICE-olators" are produced by Vmax, despite the numerous mentions on this site of "RX spacers", and "RX throttle bodies".

I'm not sure why it bugs me so much, as I have absolutely no skin in the game.

Anyway, sorry about the thread-jack, and good luck to all trying this cam project...