Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 11-18-2015, 01:13 AM   #99
libertyforall

Drives: '01 Camaro SS 'Vert; '02 Camaro RS
Fully agree with this comment:

"Also, the “mouse ears,” as Theodore calls the top of the instrument cluster, need to be shaved off. If you’re going to lower the hood by an inch, why then block the view with superfluous bunting? Dunno."
Old 11-18-2015, 05:34 AM   #100
Doomsday

Drives: Taco
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Alright ... but how reliable is the new one? Thats something which can't be known for years down the road, certainly not something that can be evaluated by a magazine staff over a few days of testing.
I have no doubt the new Tacoma will hold up. Actually, we’ll just have to see how both will hold up with redesign. Yup, it will be awhile before that can be determined. I know Colorado has more power and mpg. I haven’t drove nor sat in either, plan to keep my Tacoma forever as long as its running.

In the meantime I have a go fast itch, thats why I’m here...former 4th Gen owner.
Doomsday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:52 AM   #101
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Mustang guys think the Mustang looks better, Camaro guys think the Camaro looks better....
Those saying the new Camaro looks too much like the old one saying it needed to be revolutionary instead of evolutionary forget the Mustang redesign wasnt anything revolutionary either. I dont understand the beef with it. They are both better cars than the ones they replaced, and thats what matters.

Those that are calling MT Chevy trend need to go back and read all the articals they did gushing over the 2015 Mustang.... Jealosy pure and simple.

Nah, I'm shallow not jealous. The Camaro didn't visually appeal to me at the Belle Aisle reveal; sporting too many odd character lines, although the blue shown was gorgeous. And, as a current "Mustang Guy" I preferred the looks of the previous Camaro to the previous Mustang. And when I drove the new Mustang it just wasn't lairy enough for me to trade my Boss in. As I've said here before, had the ZL1 or Z/28 been available first people on forums would be calling me a Camaro Guy.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 07:39 AM   #102
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by libertyforall View Post
Fully agree with this comment:

"Also, the “mouse ears,” as Theodore calls the top of the instrument cluster, need to be shaved off. If you’re going to lower the hood by an inch, why then block the view with superfluous bunting? Dunno."

I sort of agree with this comment. But they really didn't get in the way for me.

Here is an camera placed at eye level shot out the windshield of a '16 2SS. I am 5'10" with shorter legs (31" inseam).

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:17 AM   #103
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post
I sort of agree with this comment. But they really didn't get in the way for me.

Here is an camera placed at eye level shot out the windshield of a '16 2SS. I am 5'10" with shorter legs (31" inseam).

If that is an accurate representation, then I think that's pretty good. Can still see the hood lines just fine.

I'll likely try to adjust my seat, so that my head is kind of high so I have a good field of view like this, but not too high so that my head isn't too close to the roof....hopefully that is possible lol.
Old 11-18-2015, 08:30 AM   #104
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
If that is an accurate representation, then I think that's pretty good. Can still see the hood lines just fine.

I'll likely try to adjust my seat, so that my head is kind of high so I have a good field of view like this, but not too high so that my head isn't too close to the roof....hopefully that is possible lol.

Actually you bring up a very good point regarding seat adjustment, I should have added that I sit more upright than most people, due to a bad back. So the seat back in that picture is probably more towards the front of the car than most people would use.

At this position I could easily fit my closed fist on top of my head between the roof (this car had a sun roof). So I could easily have worn a helmet in it and remained comfy I would think.

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:32 AM   #105
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
I noticed the tops of the gauges came up high too. But that's why there's a power seat with height adjustment.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:02 AM   #106
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Nah, I'm shallow not jealous. The Camaro didn't visually appeal to me at the Belle Aisle reveal; sporting too many odd character lines, although the blue shown was gorgeous. And, as a current "Mustang Guy" I preferred the looks of the previous Camaro to the previous Mustang. And when I drove the new Mustang it just wasn't lairy enough for me to trade my Boss in. As I've said here before, had the ZL1 or Z/28 been available first people on forums would be calling me a Camaro Guy.
What I meant was "in general", of course there are some people like you that would not fit. I liked the older Mustangs, but really none since the 1970 models ever appealed to me. I've always considered myself a Camaro guy but there are a couple generations I did not even consider buying, mainly because of my situation at the time. But I have at least driven every generation Camaro except the 6th. I'm afraid to drive a 6th....
Old 11-18-2015, 12:39 PM   #107
SacraMaro

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
I'd be interested to see how this Camaro would fare in the much more competitive market in Europe. Unfortunately the LT1 would be taxed heavily
Can they sell it with no right diver side? I thought all Camaros were made with the driver on the left?

2002 Black on Black Convertible Z/28, M6 History
2002 Sunset Orange Metallic Z/28, M6 History
1981 Gold Berlinetta, Auto History
1976 C10 Stepside, History
SacraMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 12:43 PM   #108
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacraMaro View Post
Can they sell it with no right diver side? I thought all Camaros were made with the driver on the left?
I think you're right about GM only making the Camaro available in left hand drive.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 01:07 PM   #109
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Almost all of Europe drives on the right. I think the United Kingdom is the exception. And even then, GM still sold the 5th gen in the UK as a left-hand drive.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 01:07 PM   #110
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
They can sell it, cars without it just tend to be less popular in RHD markets
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 03:42 PM   #111
SacraMaro

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, M6, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
They can sell it, cars without it just tend to be less popular in RHD markets
Word.

2002 Black on Black Convertible Z/28, M6 History
2002 Sunset Orange Metallic Z/28, M6 History
1981 Gold Berlinetta, Auto History
1976 C10 Stepside, History
SacraMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 05:31 PM   #112
charlie46

Drives: 2013 camaro 1le
If the 6 gen handles better than the 5 th gen camaro 1 le with 285's square set up , it must have an amazing chassis set up !
charlie46 is offline   Reply With Quote