Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 12-24-2010, 10:18 AM   #1
JProberts

Drives: 2SS RJT RS/Sunroof
My car was vandilized on Christmas Eve!!!!!!

Some piece of shit decided to try to steal my E&G classic fine mesh overlay off my car overnight and comletely F'ed up my grille! Wow am I pissed now but I need to move on and get my car looking right again.

I need some suggestions from you guys as I trust your opinions and knowledge. I really love the look of the stainless mesh, I know some think it's chessy but I love it, anyway the problem with just replacing it is that they ripped the screws through the holes that were drilled for the overlay damaging the original grille underneath the overlay and I don't think I could just put the overlay back without replacing the OEM grille first. The E&G overlay has specific mounting points so it would have to be bolted at the same spot as the original.

Now they bent the overlay but it did not crease the metal but I don't think I could get it back to its original shape and the mesh has seperated from the fram in some spots so I think I'm screwed with trying to re-use this piece.

So my options seem to be (1) repalce the entire grille with a heritage grille but they don't offer any stainless grilles like I prefer. Or (2) try to get a OEM grille for cheap and then either try to fix or replace the E&G grile I have and replace it on the OEM grille and lastly (3) try to get a used OEM grille for cheap and buy a new stainless grille overlay.

If anyone is aware of any sales and places where I can get a heritage grille painted to match my RJT that would be a helpful start. And if anyone has any experience with these stainless overlays that can give me an idea on how to salvage the one I have that would be great. What do you guys think is the best route to take, what would you guys/gals do if you were me.

Going to play with my kids and lift my spirits and keep in mind what is really important in life at this time of year.....yeah I'm pissed about what happended to my car and don't want to spend more money to fix this but family and friends are more important than any car.

Thanks for your feedback and I hope everyone here on C5 has a great christmas!
JProberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 11:49 AM   #2
live2well

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS A6
Damn kid ...sorry to hear about this. You need to do what is going to make you happpiest in the long run. Dont be cheap about it. I would pick number 3.

Chin up dude!! What goes around comes around. They will get theirs 10 fold.

Enjoy the Fam. and Merry Christmas!!
Old 12-25-2010, 11:18 PM   #3
thesnoopster

Drives: '17 Fifty SS - '18 Traverse Redline
Damn JP sorry to hear that! That just makes me upset to see things like this happen... bro gone get you a heritage grille....get with Gary and get you one painted....

Hope you get it fixed soon and I hope you had a wonderful christmas even though you had to go through that BS. :(
Old 12-25-2010, 11:37 PM   #4
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Old 12-26-2010, 10:30 AM   #5
JProberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnoopster View Post
Damn JP sorry to hear that! That just makes me upset to see things like this happen... bro gone get you a heritage grille....get with Gary and get you one painted....

Hope you get it fixed soon and I hope you had a wonderful christmas even though you had to go through that BS. :(
I have 10 and 6 year old kids so that wasn't enough to spoil my christmas, my kids make my year on that day ...but I was hot and almost wanted to go hunting for someone.

I may go the heritage route but going to see if any of the damage to my overlay and OEM grille is repairable and go from there. I luv the stainless look and will probably go that route again. Not going to let some a-hole thief/hater deter me from having my ride exactly the way I want it.

Thanks for the feedback bro and referral to Gary, hope your christmas was good.

JP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Funny you should ask.....had a bunch of pics of my car ready to put on the forum....recently had it lowered and just put on my custom painted calipers a week ago and it looks sooooo sweet! Went to load pics on to my computer and can't find the damn cable! Took christmas pic yesterday with the family and deleted all my car pics by mistake!

So no pics to show right now, car is covered for upcoming snow but as soon as I get it uncovered and cleaned again I will post all my pics including the pics of the damage to the grille.......hell I hope to have it fixed by then becasue my car is looking right now with the 1" drop and painted calipers.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:54 AM   #6
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Sorry to hear about the vandalism, it breaks my heart that people have to be so mean-spirited.
Hereabouts grinches actually rolled a Santa Claus who was out collecting for charity. It is a pathetic world we live in when these things happen.
I'm glad you were able to see beyond their grinchfulness to the joy of Christmas in your children's eyes. Some things are more important than others!

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:17 PM   #7
JProberts

Replacing the grille

So I took my car to E&G Classics today to see if they could fix the damage done to my Stainless steel mesh grille and they cannot. Gonna have to replace the top portion if I want it to look like new again.

Decided to replace with the same SS mesh grille as before instead of the heritage grille, cost would be about the same as getting a new heritage grille anyway. Just love the way that grille looks on my ride and I can't get that with the heritage grille although it is a very nice grille and an improvement over stock IMVHO!

So thanks for all the kind words and opinions and hopefully this won't happen again, but I'm going with what I want instead of settling for something else....only way to live life at this stage!

Thanks JP
Old 12-27-2010, 07:08 PM   #8
thesnoopster

Drives: '17 Fifty SS - '18 Traverse Redline
Cool deal bro...just get her fixed and be ready for better weather ....when it comes back LOL ... what a nasty weekend

Just do the damn thing
Old 12-27-2010, 07:46 PM   #9
JProberts

Quote:
Cool deal bro...just get her fixed and be ready for better weather ....when it comes back LOL ... what a nasty weekend

Just do the damn thing
Yeah can you believe the damn weather around here the last two winters? Where the hell is all this global warming people talk about.....my golf game and car wash game is suffering!

But it will be fixed and rolling proper again

Later
Old 12-29-2010, 07:20 PM   #10
tandtperformance

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2011 PACE CAR 2012 ZL1
Send a message via Yahoo to tandtperformance
sry jp let me know what i can do to help
tandtperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:36 PM   #11
Entaille

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
I'd use this as an opportunity to get the heritage grill. looks much cleaner.

sorry for your troubles.

Entaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 07:40 PM   #12
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Sux man... Some people just aren't right

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:54 AM   #13
Camaro68

Drives: 68 Camaro 327ci 2SS/RS 376ci LS3
Quote:

6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer 6-23-10
Camaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 10:06 PM   #14
BluGoose2

Drives: Aqua Blue 2SS/RS, Silver Rally
Sorry to hear about your 5thGen being damaged. What goes around comes around!!!
BluGoose2 is offline   Reply With Quote