Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 01-20-2011, 10:45 PM   #3557
ud_lose

Drives: '04 Ford F250 6.0L/'69 vette LS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicsowner View Post
Haha must be torture....seeing your car sit there and not being able to polish it because the paint isn't cured...
I can polish, just can't wax.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:11 PM   #3558
Clint@A.I.R.
Account Suspended

Drives: 99' Camaro 404 TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icntdrv55 View Post
No not with the high flow cats but I will once I put on the Long tubes!

Wish ur Tune was not locked, that way could do a Re-tune here locally on the dyno... Get som mor Powarrr

Clint
Clint@A.I.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:37 PM   #3559
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
Firebird Road Course Info

I talked to Pfadt today, and here is the road course at Firebird where they will be doing their driving instruction. It will be on the Firebird West track.
There are three road courses at Firebird. East Track, West track and the Main Track that incorporates the 1/4 mile strip as the straightaway.
The west track is 1.2 miles long, with 11 turns and a 3/8 mile straight.
The track isn't as demanding as High Plains. There is no elevation change, is 30 to 40 ft wide, and looks like there aren't any walls to hit (that's good news for those of us that have missed a corner!).
Here's a link to the track:
http://www.firebirdraceway.com/web/westtrack.html
Old 01-21-2011, 12:04 AM   #3560
Commit and Conquer

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
After tons of thought and brain damage I've decided to take the advice of the C5 crew...Larry, Tom, Garth, Brian and the man himself Clint at AIR (American Intense Racing)

Phase 1 (Starting Now WOO HOOO!- Forged Internals +
Clint is building me a 427 Stroker
Callies Compstar Dragon Slayer Crank
Callies Compstart Connecting Rods
Weisco Dish Pistons
Clevite H series race bearings
Custom Grind AIR FI Cam
Ported Heads
Doug Throughly Headers
BMR Trailing Arms
BMR Toe Rods
Eibach Pro Plus kit with lowering springs and anti sway bars

Phase 2 (Hopefully before C5 Fest.)
3.6 l Kenne Bell Supercharger
LPE Twin Fuel Pump
Supporting Drivetrain

Thats why I feel 16 again!

Thanks for all the advice guys! Thanks Clint for putting it all together!!!
Commit and Conquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:53 AM   #3561
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commit and Conquer View Post
After tons of thought and brain damage I've decided to take the advice of the C5 crew...Larry, Tom, Garth, Brian and the man himself Clint at AIR (American Intense Racing)

Weisco Dish Pistons
Custom Grind AIR FI Cam
Ported Heads
Doug Throughly Headers
BMR Trailing Arms
BMR Toe Rods

LPE Twin Fuel Pump
Supporting Drivetrain

Stock clutch?
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:55 AM   #3562
tom692010
Account Suspended

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelicsowner View Post
Haha must be torture....seeing your car sit there and not being able to polish it because the paint isn't cured...

Didn't know his paint had an illness. Randy yes,paint no!
Old 01-21-2011, 07:59 AM   #3563
tom692010
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintair View Post
Wish ur Tune was not locked, that way could do a Re-tune here locally on the dyno... Get som mor Powarrr

Clint
Quick question.I have the Diablo Predator.If I needed a retune is that something you could do or do I need to go through Lew @ diablo? He mentioned I might need to tweek his custom tune if I install hi flo cats
Old 01-21-2011, 09:15 AM   #3564
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:

Weisco Dish Pistons
Custom Grind AIR FI Cam
Ported Heads
Doug Throughly Headers
BMR Trailing Arms
BMR Toe Rods

LPE Twin Fuel Pump
Supporting Drivetrain

Oh this is going to be another team member I can tell....Wow love the componenents. But like Tom asked...Clutch? might as well put it in while the motor is out..save all that labor and when you put the KB on there you will need it in about a month...lol Ted went with the Firenza? which was the ZR1 clutch from Janetty and it looked great and seems to be doing real well. I went with the Spec Super Twin and totally love it. Garth has the ZR1 clutch. I am in envy of the suspension parts..I am still waiting on them myself. Also the 1400 HP half shafts....The fun is beginning...lol Larry
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 10:07 AM   #3565
Icntdrv55
CCOTR Member

Drives: Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:

Clint
ME TOO...if you can come up with any ideas to get it unlocked let me know. When I get the new tune for my headers, I will talk to Vector about sending me the files unlocked. I would be curious to see how it compares to your A6 tune!
2010 Camaro SS/RS Victory Red A6- Vararam Intake, Doug Thorley Tri Y LTs, Magnaflow X-pipe, Flowmaster Super 40's, VMS Tune, Razzi Ground Effects, Herritage Grill, RED headlight and fog light Halos, LED DRLs, Dash and extended Door ABL, engine, grill and rear defusser LED lighting ........ 12.59@112.21 (DA Corrected)
Icntdrv55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:26 AM   #3566
Clint@A.I.R.
Account Suspended

Drives: 99' Camaro 404 TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom692010 View Post
Quick question.I have the Diablo Predator.If I needed a retune is that something you could do or do I need to go through Lew @ diablo? He mentioned I might need to tweek his custom tune if I install hi flo cats
I have an idea for you but cannot PM you, my PM has been turned off. I'd like to become a C5 supporting sponsor, but they have not responded to my request as yet.

Clint
Clint@A.I.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 11:32 AM   #3567
Commit and Conquer

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Oh this is going to be another team member I can tell....Wow love the componenents. But like Tom asked...Clutch? might as well put it in while the motor is out..save all that labor and when you put the KB on there you will need it in about a month...lol Ted went with the Firenza? which was the ZR1 clutch from Janetty and it looked great and seems to be doing real well. I went with the Spec Super Twin and totally love it. Garth has the ZR1 clutch. I am in envy of the suspension parts..I am still waiting on them myself. Also the 1400 HP half shafts....The fun is beginning...lol Larry

Clint and I talked about the clutch and thought it might be fun frying this one before I change it out...LOL! I was actually thinking about the spec but only because a friend recommended it. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the ones you mentioned here.

I know that original budget sheet is around her somewhere I just can't seem to find it.....
Commit and Conquer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:16 PM   #3568
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Clint and I talked about the clutch and thought it might be fun frying this one before I change it out...LOL! I was actually thinking about the spec but only because a friend recommended it. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the ones you mentioned here.

I know that original budget sheet is around her somewhere I just can't seem to find it.....
Yeah mine was pretty fun but when it went it was pretty frustrating...lol I really like the improved drivability of the spec super twin...You can actually feel the clutch which is nice. And the lighter flywheel really lets it spin up much much faster...
Attached Images

418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:24 PM   #3569
tom692010
Account Suspended

Quote:
I have an idea for you but cannot PM you, my PM has been turned off. I'd like to become a C5 supporting sponsor, but they have not responded to my request as yet.

Clint
tomzcam@live.com is my e-mail. Could you sent it there?
Old 01-21-2011, 12:27 PM   #3570
tom692010
Account Suspended

Quote:

Making it out of the parking lot and down a few blocks would be frustrating.

Tags
2012 callaway, 45th anniversary, colorado camaro