Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-11-2013, 05:02 PM   #57
BJB
Account Suspended

Drives: Jeep GC SRT8
Congratulations Livernois!!

I always see very cool vehicles at the shop when I'm there picking up VP fuel during the season.

BJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #58
Andy@Livernois

Drives: 1987 Buick Regal Turbo-T
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
Ok. But converters and slicks and aftermarket suspension doesn't mean crap when comparing mph..

I feel like I'm being spoke down to almost..

I'll put this out there..

Your saying it's all in the tune.. period.. compression? Nope. If you got a stock bottom end car to go 140 then the compression with worked over heads can't be higher than 10.5 to 1.. probably not even that high..

Converter? Suspension? Again. No

Both my car and track masters cars are stock suspension cars.

Mine has went faster in the 330 than any of the runs you've posted in the 9s..

15-16 pounds? Ok. So the car is making low 700 in the hp range.

you CAN NOT NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU KNOW get a 4200# car to trap 140 mph with ANY WHERE NEAR THIS.

If your car was doing something special in the front half then e.t could be argued. Said that it was being accomplished through a properly set up chassis. .

It's not.. it sounds like my car is better setup, period.. Never goes less than a 1.51- 154 and on good passes goes in the 1.4s.. on heavier wheels and tires. .

You say rear end is stock.. so no gears. Not that gears would find you 140 mph traps.

Different tracks? No.. iv raced at a half dozen tracks around the country.. While I find BOWLING GREEN to be a bit stingy on mph, the m0h was the same at the others. . No 5-6 mph there.. and iv raced at milan..

So what's left? The tuneup?

Wow.. I will give ANY TUNER, ANY TUNER IN THE COUNTRY, 2500 if they can pick up 5-6 mph in my trap speed with nothing more than a tune change...

I'm not knocking the work. It's obvious it's a step above..but there is obviously something your not telling us..

Your outrunning EVERY OTHER CAR in the country built like yours by 4-6 mph.. that's straight horsepower. . No tires, suspension or any other bs...
I didn't ever say anything about the difference being tune only. We never set out to hold the record for as long as we had, but we did. Everyone wants to know what we did special, and the answers have been posted. Every single modification for every car we have gone 9's with has been posted up. Remember, we just posted facts about the builds, and other people jumped in saying we didn't.

Our shop car was built in less than 2 weeks, with off the shelf everything. Items we had developed from our CTS-V builds, and Camaro builds, to develop a very potent package.

I guess I am just unsure what someone is expecting. We would love to help people understand their cars, and why there is more than a+b=c to a combo.

I notice you say you race at Milan. When will you be there next? We would love to help you determine the deficit you are experiencing. This isn't talking down, this is legitimately trying to help.

Considering the customer's only goal was to run 9's, not set a new record initially, we met that. Are we proud of that? Yes! There is no shop on the planet that wouldn't be bragging about their accomplishment if they did the same.
Andy@Livernois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #59
The Baron

Drives: 2013 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen=5 View Post
I normally try not to disagree too much on the forum ,but I do not agree with that statement one bit ! I added a meth kit only to my SC SRT-10 and it gain 30plus at the rear wheels,plus i added one to a 86Z that had 1000rwhp it also gain 40rwhp without increasing timing,so how is meth not adding power to my car ? If you go to any of the web sites that produce these kits that all claim that they are power adders or adding power by just installing the kit alone ? I guess it could also come down to your definition of a power adder,but as the term its self, anything that increases the power or ability of a engine to do work is by its own term is a power adder. Yes i do understand that some of us seem to only include the big 3 as power adders,but there are also others that think and agree that anything that as i stated is a power adder ? what is a aftermarket cam ? please don't say just a modification. Also i do understand that the you may be going by the NHRA rule book of what they consider a power adder,but that's only done so that they can control the classes that they have in order to try to make things equal in each class,and from that stand point fine,but I still do not agree that its not a power adder if it adds power. they also have classes that will not allow the use of a meth kit,anyway just my 2 cents sir,thks
So you technically added fuel.. All a meth kit is going to do if your not changing timing is lower intake air temps and add fuel... I'm not going to derail this thread with this fight. It's a matter of opinion. .

I would like a response to my last post though

2011 cts-v coupe (pinky) wifes car.. ls9 cam c.a.i. 11.44
2007 corvette vert ..retired..
2013 zl1 stock blower stock ci 20" wheels 10.36 135...so far..
The Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:14 PM   #60
Dega Man

Drives: ZL1
Livernois have done a gret job on making these ZL's scream and very driveable at the same time. Their work is great and detailed and of course we all know that a dyno does not tell the entire story on how well a vehlice perform. Keep up the good work livernois.
Dega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #61
Andy@Livernois

Drives: 1987 Buick Regal Turbo-T
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylftft View Post
I just don't believe your telling us everything that's going on under the hoods of those cars, way to many other people with the same mods or more can't be wrong!

Oh! Thanks for the offer of help with my car but I've already got the most meticulous, friendly & detail oriented Andy helping me.
I am sorry you feel that way, but I have no idea where you are basing that from. You say there are way too many other people with the same mods. They have our stage 3 package plus wheels, converter, and all of the other changes listed?

You can't compare a car that has Brand A cam, brand X ported heads, plus brand Z heat exchanger, plus Brand E headers, Brand T converter to our builds. It's not apples to apples. We were very specific in our parts selection with a specific set of goals.

Are we proud? Yes, as would anyone be. I am not certain why anyone would turn down a legitimate offer of assistance on a build. We want to better the community. Sometimes that means helping people see there truly is a difference in parts and combinations, along with technique, and other factors.
Andy@Livernois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #62
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QwikZ28 View Post
WTF?!?! Are you saying the Shelby GT500 isn't built by Ford?
you are correct that ford builds the lic gt500,but the numbered gt500 super snakes are built by shelby,sorry for the miss understanding,but the gt500 even though its says shelby is only a lic deal,if you want a real numbered badge car then you have to order it through shelby america,(as per them)which if you think about it,should be considered the only real shelby's sold but because ford has the a lic deal they get to call it real,lol I spoke to shelby today about ordering a gt350 because its produced by shelby instead of purchased off a dealer lot with a lic,and will keep its value better or so the market seems to think so..the same engine in a much lighter package,or even more power with a full warranty...yes i know its a ford but,i want something to give to my child when she gets into college on her own merits(grades)Her choice. if I dont have to foot the whole bill why should she not be rewarded for it ? It can sit in storage and she can stare at it everyday while in high school until she earns it....I will have her attend a couple of the same driving schools i have been to over the yrs before giving it to her,unlike some nut ball parents...sorry for the confusion..
Old 12-11-2013, 06:12 PM   #63
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750

Quote:
Ok. But converters and slicks and aftermarket suspension doesn't mean crap when comparing mph..

I feel like I'm being spoke down to almost..

I'll put this out there..

Your saying it's all in the tune.. period.. compression? Nope. If you got a stock bottom end car to go 140 then the compression with worked over heads can't be higher than 10.5 to 1.. probably not even that high..

Converter? Suspension? Again. No

Both my car and track masters cars are stock suspension cars.

Mine has went faster in the 330 than any of the runs you've posted in the 9s..

15-16 pounds? Ok. So the car is making low 700 in the hp range.

you CAN NOT NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU KNOW get a 4200# car to trap 140 mph with ANY WHERE NEAR THIS.

If your car was doing something special in the front half then e.t could be argued. Said that it was being accomplished through a properly set up chassis. .

It's not.. it sounds like my car is better setup, period.. Never goes less than a 1.51- 154 and on good passes goes in the 1.4s.. on heavier wheels and tires. .

You say rear end is stock.. so no gears. Not that gears would find you 140 mph traps.

Different tracks? No.. iv raced at a half dozen tracks around the country.. While I find BOWLING GREEN to be a bit stingy on mph, the m0h was the same at the others. . No 5-6 mph there.. and iv raced at milan..

So what's left? The tuneup?

Wow.. I will give ANY TUNER, ANY TUNER IN THE COUNTRY, 2500 if they can pick up 5-6 mph in my trap speed with nothing more than a tune change...

I'm not knocking the work. It's obvious it's a step above..but there is obviously something your not telling us..

Your outrunning EVERY OTHER CAR in the country built like yours by 4-6 mph.. that's straight horsepower. . No tires, suspension or any other bs...
Are you saying that you havent changed anything on your suspension ? as well as that livernois has also not changed anything on their suspension,and its completely stock ?
Old 12-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #64
tpower
DBLCHBY III

Drives: 15 1LE
I have been reading this and one thing keeps coming to mind, Where in the world of drag racing does another racer tell you what he is doing and how he is doing it. On this forum people share info and then they get beat down or are called a cheat or liar. we raced Livernois racing and Dan Millen in 10.5 outlaw and they are stand up competitors. he has beaten us and we have beaten him, but nowere in the world have we shared racing information, Go put the time in at the track and the shop and formulate your own combo and beat the top car. Livernois has spent years of R&D and track time. So go do the work and become the #1 car
Old 12-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #65
The Baron

Drives: 2013 zl1
my car is 100% stock down to the tire size as far as chassis goes..

tq converter, motor, exhaust, fuel system.. that's it..

I refuse to change a single thing on my car that makes it drive like a anything other than a zl1..

I am proud of how my car works on stock parts and a 20 inch tire..also why I have not put a true skinny on the car..

ill give you a hint, the reason the 305 35 20 works so well,,,, one word.. contact patch.. way way bigger than ANY 17 inch wheel and tire combo..

2011 cts-v coupe (pinky) wifes car.. ls9 cam c.a.i. 11.44
2007 corvette vert ..retired..
2013 zl1 stock blower stock ci 20" wheels 10.36 135...so far..
The Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #66
Trackman

Drives: 67RS Camaro ,Black 2013 ZL1
Quote:
my car is 100% stock down to the tire size as far as chassis goes..

tq converter, motor, exhaust, fuel system.. that's it..

I refuse to change a single thing on my car that makes it drive like a anything other than a zl1..

I am proud of how my car works on stock parts and a 20 inch tire..also why I have not put a true skinny on the car..

ill give you a hint, the reason the 305 35 20 works so well,,,, one word.. contact patch.. way way bigger than ANY 17 inch wheel and tire combo..
I have been really impressed with your car all season. It appears you do most of the work yourself. That is even more impressive. I get a good chuckle from the shit you create on the ford forums also.
We run similar race programs...basically drive our cars to the track for some street legal event, throw some fuel in and mash it. No crews, no special track day, just line up to the guy beside ya and nail it. It was a fun summer going back and forth with quick times. Only thing better would be heads up at the same track on the same day. Either way we both were consistent , able to run the same numbers over and over all season.
Livernois was one of the three companies I was considering for my build. My research indicates they build a great car no question. I think if the owners of these cars decide to race them a few times and can validate these awesome times we can put to rest any questions about how they do it and give them the credit they deserve.
..Until then we can speculate.

now back to five more months of hibernation.
Trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:02 AM   #67
mylftft

Drives: 2013 TT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackman View Post
I have been really impressed with your car all season. It appears you do most of the work yourself. That is even more impressive. I get a good chuckle from the shit you create on the ford forums also.
We run similar race programs...basically drive our cars to the track for some street legal event, throw some fuel in and mash it. No crews, no special track day, just line up to the guy beside ya and nail it. It was a fun summer going back and forth with quick times. Only thing better would be heads up at the same track on the same day. Either way we both were consistent , able to run the same numbers over and over all season.
Livernois was one of the three companies I was considering for my build. My research indicates they build a great car no question. I think if the owners of these cars decide to race them a few times and can validate these awesome times we can put to rest any questions about how they do it and give them the credit they deserve.
..Until then we can speculate.

now back to five more months of hibernation.
I was starting to wonder if you were still alive! Both you & Baron haul ass & are very consistent, fun to sit back & watch. Be cool if all of us ZL1 owners can make it to Camarofest & do some heads up racing
Old 12-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #68
Trackman

Drives: 67RS Camaro ,Black 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylftft View Post
I was starting to wonder if you were still alive! Both you & Baron haul ass & are very consistent, fun to sit back & watch. Be cool if all of us ZL1 owners can make it to Camarofest & do some heads up racing
I'm seriously considering it. Only problem is everytime I'm in Texas my bank account runs dry.
Trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #69
mylftft

Drives: 2013 TT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackman View Post
I'm seriously considering it. Only problem is everytime I'm in Texas my bank account runs dry.
My bank account hasn't been the same since my 1st trip to Texas either, its the most fun I've ever had spending money though.

Andy & all the Livernois crew, I hope we can meet up on the track with a few of your customer cars & some of us other guy's ZL1's one of these days, maybe Camarofest, we can run them all side by side & see what happens.
Old 12-12-2013, 02:36 PM   #70
Vangres
Timed Rage

Drives: Mercedes Benz 300 C sport
I think they are reasonably priced providing they have a one year warranty included with super fast and mean cars.
Vangres is offline   Reply With Quote