Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 03-25-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
TVS2300 Questions

Hey, I have some questions about getting a TVS2300 installed onto my LS3. Bare with me, my mechanical knowledge of what is necessary in these cars is limited, which is why I made this thread. I'm an accountant, not a mechanic (lol).

So, first off, I would like to keep my car reliable, so I would like to have a safe setup. My car is bone stock; absolutely nothing has been done to it yet. With that said, I wanted to get the TVS2300. Will I also need to get higher lb injectors and bigger fuel pump? Will I also need to tune the car, and if so, should I have someone tune the car on the dyno or is the tune that comes with the magnacharger better? (I believe a tune comes with the magnacharger, but I may be mistaken).

Another question is if I get the car tuned, will I need to have the car re-tuned if I later decide to go with a different air intake or exhaust? And will a tune like this affect reliability?

I'm sure I will have more questions later, but thanks
Old 03-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #2
JLE58

Drives: CGM,twin turbo, cam 2010 SS/RS
Kit comes with injectors..... Yes I would get it tuned..... The stock fuel pump should be fine with the factory maggie pulley and a stock car ..... Depending on how close they tune and and what kind of CAI yes you maybe need to get it retuned Id have someone check the AFR.
JLE58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Any change you make to the car you need a retune.The maggie kit will come with everything you need,i would give the Eldelbrock kit a look as well,some upgraded features over the maggie and the price is a little better.If we can help you go over what suits you best give us a call.
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:29 PM   #4
Gene Culley
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 SS
Smile

I just installed my TVS2300 and the LS9 cam. I went with a custom tune right out of the box so I didn't use the SCT tuner. You can sell that here on the forum to help make up for the custom tune. I would go ahead and do the cold air intake now so that you don't have to mess with that and the tune later. You do need to do a tune for the cold air intake. It isn't necessary, but you can get the extra out of it if you do.
Gene Culley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:16 PM   #5
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
Any change you make to the car you need a retune.The maggie kit will come with everything you need,i would give the Eldelbrock kit a look as well,some upgraded features over the maggie and the price is a little better.If we can help you go over what suits you best give us a call.
Thanks, good to know. I want to stay with the TVS2300 because I like the looks of it, especially the polished one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Culley View Post
I just installed my TVS2300 and the LS9 cam. I went with a custom tune right out of the box so I didn't use the SCT tuner. You can sell that here on the forum to help make up for the custom tune. I would go ahead and do the cold air intake now so that you don't have to mess with that and the tune later. You do need to do a tune for the cold air intake. It isn't necessary, but you can get the extra out of it if you do.
How does the LS9 cam affect reliability? Do they have to crack the engine open to replace the cam?

I was thinking of doing the roto fab intake (Cold Air Induction comes highly recommended, but I don't like the look of that metal box). I was reading that there is a dry and an oiled filter. I was leaning towards dry because I don't want to mess with oil getting on the MAF. Will the dry filter really last forever? If it doesn't, I would rather stick with the stock airbox.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #6
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCI CamaroFan View Post
Thanks, good to know. I want to stay with the TVS2300 because I like the looks of it, especially the polished one.

How does the LS9 cam affect reliability? Do they have to crack the engine open to replace the cam?

I was thinking of doing the roto fab intake (Cold Air Induction comes highly recommended, but I don't like the look of that metal box). I was reading that there is a dry and an oiled filter. I was leaning towards dry because I don't want to mess with oil getting on the MAF. Will the dry filter really last forever? If it doesn't, I would rather stick with the stock airbox.
FYI,it was not polished but a chrome coating,it is no longer available its black only right now
Old 03-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #7
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Yeah Polished 1
Attached Images

Old 03-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #8
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
FYI,it was not polished but a chrome coating,it is no longer available its black only right now
What?!?!?!?! :( Do you know if they have any plans to make more? I wanted one with matching billet aluminum valve covers :/

Does anyone know if it is possible to special order these directly from Eaton, or if there is a place that has old stock sitting around still?

Last edited by UCI CamaroFan; 03-25-2012 at 07:50 PM.
UCI CamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 08:19 PM   #9
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Quote:
What?!?!?!?! :( Do you know if they have any plans to make more? I wanted one with matching billet aluminum valve covers :/

Does anyone know if it is possible to special order these directly from Eaton, or if there is a place that has old stock sitting around still?
No replacement that i know of.We could chrome the Eldelbrock for you
Old 03-25-2012, 08:33 PM   #10
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
yep it all comes as a pre assembled package.
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:44 PM   #11
Kilo-9
Dog Is My Copilot

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I can't believe they pulled the plug on the chrome powdercoat option. I have it and love it...it's holding up well and looks fantastic.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #12
Jon@MagnaCharger

Drives: Anything Supercharged
Quote:
Hey, I have some questions about getting a TVS2300 installed onto my LS3. Bare with me, my mechanical knowledge of what is necessary in these cars is limited, which is why I made this thread. I'm an accountant, not a mechanic (lol).

So, first off, I would like to keep my car reliable, so I would like to have a safe setup. My car is bone stock; absolutely nothing has been done to it yet. With that said, I wanted to get the TVS2300. Will I also need to get higher lb injectors and bigger fuel pump? Will I also need to tune the car, and if so, should I have someone tune the car on the dyno or is the tune that comes with the magnacharger better? (I believe a tune comes with the magnacharger, but I may be mistaken).

Another question is if I get the car tuned, will I need to have the car re-tuned if I later decide to go with a different air intake or exhaust? And will a tune like this affect reliability?

I'm sure I will have more questions later, but thanks
Good Morning UCI CamaroFan,
Thank you for your interest in our TVS2300 Supercharger. To answer your questions our kit comes with GM LS9 52 lb/hr fuel injectors, high flow fuel rails, and front/rear crossovers preinstalled. With our standard, bolt-on kit the factory fuel pump is more than adequate. Our kit also comes with an SCT handheld that is preloaded with a tune. I see that you are in California so you also need to think about emissions. If you use our provided tune you will receive a CARB EO# that denotes that your supercharger system is California Emissions Legal. This tune will work for you as long as you are using the stock air box, stock exhaust manifolds, and stock catalytic converts (cat-back exhaust does not effect the tune at all so you can do whatever you want with that). If you decide to make a change to any of these components, change the camshaft, or increase the boost level then you will require a custom tune and other fuel mods (like a ZL1 or dual fuel pump setup) and your CARB EO# will be void.

You also mention that you want to keep your car reliable. With our kit bolted onto a stock LS3 you are looking at bumping your power up to around 575 fwhp (around 500 rwhp) while still maintaining your emissions legality as well as factory-like drivability, reliability, and fuel economy. For added peace of mind we also have optional powertrain warranties available if you have the supercharger installed by a certified mechanic or one of our Authorized Dealers. These warranties are available with 3-yrs/36,000 miles, 5-yrs/60,000 miles, or 5-yrs/100,000 miles of coverage and range from $275-$775. These warranties cover up to $5000 on the engine, $1500 on the transmission, and $1500 on the rear end with NO deductible. If you have any more questions please let me know.

Regards,
Jon Barrett
Jon@MagnaCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 12:23 PM   #13
bmbbl be

Drives: 2010 CAMARO SS
there are still some new chrome maggies out there. i just purchased one from livernois motorsports,,,they may have more and if that doesnt work here are new ones from nickey chicago
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nickey-2010-...3e093a&vxp=mtr
bmbbl be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #14
NicKey

Drives: Nickey Super Camaro
Magnuson TVS 2300 Chrome finish by Nickey

Magnuson TVS 2300 Chrome finish by Nickey.

We are sold out of the Chrome finish for Camaros.

Have three left for 2009-2010 6.1 Hemi Challengers in Chrome Finish.
NicKey is offline   Reply With Quote