Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 1st & 2nd Generation Camaros

Old 09-10-2014, 01:40 PM   #1
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
79 Z28

Hey guys, so I bought this 79 Z28 a few months ago, but only got to drive it for a few weeks before figuring out all the problems I didnt know or wasn't told about before I bought it (live and learn I suppose). But after 2 and a half months of searching for parts and working on every end of the car, shes back on the road! Still needs plenty of stuff, all new shocks and springs, new gas tank, and plenty of little stuff. But all in good time. The interior is getting redone in the spring. I also put different wheels on it. The wheels I bought it with were off of an IROC, and they didn't really look right. Its got a crate 350 with a turbo 350 trans. Hood and fender vents from an 80 Z. And T-tops! Its no racecar but more than enough power to smoke the tires! Tell me what you think!
Attached Images

Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:45 PM   #2
Mean Green Z28

Drives: 2010 2SS
looks great!
-- >> Some of my Projects My Fquick Page
Mean Green Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 01:46 PM   #3
JAX CAMARO

Drives: orange 2011 2SS/RS
It looks like a good project car as it looks pretty good now
ARH 1 7/8" Headers W/HFC, GM Performance Exhaust / K&N Typhoon CAI, Comp Custom Grind Dominator 3 Cam, Pioneer Dual Valve Springs, Trickflow Push rods, IWIS Timing Chain, Rapid Motorsports Tune, 496 RWHP
JAX CAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 07:36 PM   #4
Slickcas

Drives: 12' 2SS/RS LS3 IBM
That looks just about like my 1st car. Love them 79 camaros 1st year for the flat dash. But that one has the Speedo out of an 80'. They go up to 85mph 79's speedo goes to 130.
Slickcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 01:29 PM   #5
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickcas View Post
That looks just about like my 1st car. Love them 79 camaros 1st year for the flat dash. But that one has the Speedo out of an 80'. They go up to 85mph 79's speedo goes to 130.
Yeah this car is a hodgepodge of different parts. The guy I bought it from really seemed to know what he was doing, he had a bunch of other project cars and they all looked pretty good. But as weve been going through the car, weve found so many things are done wrong or badly. For instance, the thermostat was in upside down. If you cant get that right, I don't see how you can do a whole lot of anything right on a car. We rebuilt the trans, and its not from a 79. There was one part that changed after 78, and it had the earlier version. So I have no idea what year the trans is from lol. But whatever. Its mine now, and im going to do things right!
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote