Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-27-2021, 06:48 PM   #15
jokrz187

Drives: 2015 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS View Post
I have the ECS Novi 1500. Love it. The car is a beast. Very simple to increase boost. They also work really well with a nice cam. I'm at 710rwhp but could easily go 900 but then drive line would start to need upgrades too. Highly recommend ECS because their customer support is so good.
I have been following your build and I would like to be where your at and I think I would be happy with it. I plan to add a tsp cam and supporting parts as well.

MODS: VARARAM CAI, Catch Can, 1 LE front/rear sway bars, engine cover/fuse box custom painted, strut tower brace, Texas Speed LT, Hi Flo Cats, Magnum Tru-X pipe, NGK Spark Plugs, PCM Spark Plug Wire, Painted Calipers, CF Spoiler w/wicker bill.
jokrz187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 07:54 PM   #16
ETWhite53

Drives: '2012 Camaro SS/RS 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by fz4k98 View Post
I have a whipple and it has been trouble free for 25k+. Great power and drives like stock car unless your on it. the torque is amazing throughout the power curve.

The driveline can handle it until you get tires that hook, then it is break and repair time.
Oh no now you got me worried... 😆 along with my Whipple upgrade and all the rest are some 305 silly sticky Toyo's. Should I be concerned?
Also if anyone is interested in the parts coming off her.... exhaust manifolds back (complete), CAM and air intake... plus my 45th anniversary wheels and basically new Hankook tires you pay shipping and some beer money and it's yours
ETWhite53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 09:22 PM   #17
fz4k98

Drives: 2013 1ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETWhite53 View Post
Oh no now you got me worried... 😆 along with my Whipple upgrade and all the rest are some 305 silly sticky Toyo's. Should I be concerned?
Also if anyone is interested in the parts coming off her.... exhaust manifolds back (complete), CAM and air intake... plus my 45th anniversary wheels and basically new Hankook tires you pay shipping and some beer money and it's yours
Long story short, everything after the crankshaft on the drivetrain has been broken and replaced over time. Also destroyed cradle bushings and spun the tires on the rims.

So everything has been upgraded to handle the power and then its time to go to the strip right? No, opened the hood to check before going and found hood deadener has whipple inscribed in it. Broken motor mounts.

still worth every hassle though. Smiles per mile.
fz4k98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 10:07 PM   #18
gunchamp

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fz4k98 View Post
Long story short, everything after the crankshaft on the drivetrain has been broken and replaced over time. Also destroyed cradle bushings and spun the tires on the rims.

So everything has been upgraded to handle the power and then its time to go to the strip right? No, opened the hood to check before going and found hood deadener has whipple inscribed in it. Broken motor mounts.
Lol, the joys of high horse power. Lesson here kids. Stay in school, find a great job and make lots of money. Youre going to need that money to do what we do haha
still worth every hassle though. Smiles per mile.
Ah the joys of high horse power. Theres a lesson here kids. Stay in school, find a great job and make lots of money. Youre gonna need that money to do what we do haha
15 Camaro SS- GPI max top end, ESS Vortech V3 10psi, ID 1050s, ZL1 pump, JMS bap, Long tubes, Corsa extreme, Circle D pro 5C, 391 rear, DSS carbon drive shaft, BMR toe rods, BMR trailing arms, poly cradle bushings, tuned by Ted Jannetty and much much more
gunchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 06:41 AM   #19
Axe55

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
You shouldn't be worried, but you should be aware that it happens, especially since you're going to be north of 600/700rwhp after doing everything you're talking about. It all depends how hard you hit it and how often. If you do a lot of drag racing and are constantly hammering the drivetrain, yes, you will break stuff a lot faster than if you daily drive it. You should also plan a few suspension mods to keep up with the hp.

But don't think of it as breaking stuff, think of it as a mandatory upgrade!
2012 Camaro SS LS3, JRE Scoop, CAI intake, Whipple Supercharger, Fast 85lb injectors, ZL1 pump, McLeod RXT clutch, MGW shifter, Stainless Power 1 7/8 headers w/HFC, Ridetech coilovers, BMR sway bars, trailing arms, toe rods, cradle bushing inserts, 2020 Speed Tuned.
Axe55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 07:31 AM   #20
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETWhite53 View Post
Oh no now you got me worried... �� along with my Whipple upgrade and all the rest are some 305 silly sticky Toyo's. Should I be concerned?
I haven't broken anything yet. Avoid wheel hop at all costs. I Also have not put the drag slicks on for this reason.. I am still on the stock clutch as well. almost 10k miles since whipple install, 5k miles at 700whp. I have pretty sticky road course tires I get full traction in 2nd with a roll on. I doubt I am going to ever take it to the track, until I am ready to spend $10k.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote