Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-09-2016, 04:57 PM   #29
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
The lt1 sbe had gone past 1000hp for a while now. Just needs meth along with a solid tune to keep it alive.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:55 PM   #30
GMapologists
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 1SS 6spd stick MSRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
The lt1 sbe had gone past 1000hp for a while now. Just needs meth along with a solid tune to keep it alive.

The generally accepted limit of the stock pistons are 700rwp with an EXPERT tune and meth. You can obviously make more, but you're pushing your luck at that point.
Meth should be used and recognized for the insurance and security that it offers, and not just as an octane booster. A car tuned for meth will fall on it's face instead of grenading a motor when you have an issue. In 2016, I wouldn't run forced induction without a meth tune simply for the protection from failure that it provides. Hope that helps.
GMapologists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 11:46 AM   #31
Redline Motorsports

Drives: Several...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NASTY99Z28 View Post
As NASTY has stated; this new motor to GEN6 Camaro is not new to the shops who are heavily invested into late model GM performance. We have been pretty hard on the LT motor as we figured out where its happy. There are two things that can break the motor; one you physically exceed the engines structure integrity or you fail it with calibration and let the engine detonate. This said we have found the stock LT1 to live at 725-750 wheel if the package is optimized. This said we have also (as well as other well known shops) pushed the stock LT to around 1000. Do I recommend this hell no.

We are in the midst of our PHASE 2 testing which is the fuel system upgrades as the power we just made was stretching the factor fuel system....as was expected. This next change should get us to make a few ore lbs of pressure and still be able to feed the required proportion of fuel.

Since we have a complete engine waiting for this car we are going to keep pushing this engine and see where we get.

Please note that a stock A8 Camaro makes about 410 wheel HP. Even if we back off from the numbers we reported to say 625 thats still over 200 HP wheel improvement and big torque to go with it. That's a significant increase in power and enough to rocket these cars into the high 10's. Let's keep all this in check and not get all greedy.

Our bigger builds will include some internal upgrades and then we can take the gloves off.

Hope to have car back on rollers later this week and to the track sunday.

HT
Redline Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 06:29 PM   #32
SGT Stretch

Drives: 2016 Hyper Metallic Blue SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports View Post
As NASTY has stated; this new motor to GEN6 Camaro is not new to the shops who are heavily invested into late model GM performance. We have been pretty hard on the LT motor as we figured out where its happy. There are two things that can break the motor; one you physically exceed the engines structure integrity or you fail it with calibration and let the engine detonate. This said we have found the stock LT1 to live at 725-750 wheel if the package is optimized. This said we have also (as well as other well known shops) pushed the stock LT to around 1000. Do I recommend this hell no.

We are in the midst of our PHASE 2 testing which is the fuel system upgrades as the power we just made was stretching the factor fuel system....as was expected. This next change should get us to make a few ore lbs of pressure and still be able to feed the required proportion of fuel.

Since we have a complete engine waiting for this car we are going to keep pushing this engine and see where we get.

Please note that a stock A8 Camaro makes about 410 wheel HP. Even if we back off from the numbers we reported to say 625 thats still over 200 HP wheel improvement and big torque to go with it. That's a significant increase in power and enough to rocket these cars into the high 10's. Let's keep all this in check and not get all greedy.

Our bigger builds will include some internal upgrades and then we can take the gloves off.

Hope to have car back on rollers later this week and to the track sunday.

HT
Awesome, exactly what I wanted/needed to hear. I am totally fine with between 6-700hp.

thank you and subscribed to see what this thing does haha.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:32 PM   #33
Fred25

Drives: 2SS Garnett,black enblems,AR Wheel
Beautiful workmanship. Nice location arrangement, too. If I was younger it would be a must have.
Fred25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:48 AM   #34
LAWMAN

Drives: 2010 cam.2ss/rs.iom,07'escalade esv
This is great,don't ya'll need a test vehicle down in south Mississippi??
1100:12/19/08
3800:06/19/09
6000:07/02/09
LAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 09:35 AM   #35
NASTY99Z28

Drives: 99z28 with bolt-ons and a mwc fab 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT Stretch View Post
Awesome, exactly what I wanted/needed to hear. I am totally fine with between 6-700hp.

thank you and subscribed to see what this thing does haha.
You have to remember one think most shops are gonna sell a package that would be "to much" for you to drive it regularly. So as to not look bad they tend to build packages that they know will live for along time to come assuming you keep the proper fuel in it. If not the they'd all build 1000hp monsters but they'd blow up and nobody would go to those shops.
Old 01-12-2016, 02:06 PM   #36
Hypertrophy

Drives: truck
Question

Quote:
... Our bigger builds will include some internal upgrades and then we can take the gloves off.

HT
Thanks for your comments. You mention the LT1 has been around for a while and builders already have experience finding its limits. So what about the LT4? It has upgraded internals from the factory. What is your experience (or opinion) about the HP range for an LT4 that retains reasonable durability for daily driving?
Hypertrophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 02:37 PM   #37
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Please note that a stock A8 Camaro makes about 410 wheel HP. Even if we back off from the numbers we reported to say 625 thats still over 200 HP wheel improvement and big torque to go with it. That's a significant increase in power and enough to rocket these cars into the high 10's. Let's keep all this in check and not get all greedy..

HT
Howard, what's your opinion of the 2016 manual tranny with TT package around 600 RWHP? I'm not an Auto guy.
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 04:57 PM   #38
Redline Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypertrophy View Post
Thanks for your comments. You mention the LT1 has been around for a while and builders already have experience finding its limits. So what about the LT4? It has upgraded internals from the factory. What is your experience (or opinion) about the HP range for an LT4 that retains reasonable durability for daily driving?
The LT4 is awesome for a base OEM engine. We have many C7 Z's out there with bigger blowers and some with nitrous making numbers well into the 800-1000 range all day....of course this is just dumb power levels for most but the engine has shown to be stout. Your question about drivability is not always tied to raw power. Drivability to us would be defined as a vehicle that always starts, can cruise without significant feed back from engine and yes makes great power. We took this car for a blast in between "PHASES" and at 650 wheel and the auto the car is very fast. Again very fast is subjective but also the car is not out of control. Tomorrow we are going to the track to test our TT Z06 which runs high 7's @180 plus so I think I have a decent barometer to what feels fast...

HT
Old 01-12-2016, 05:02 PM   #39
Redline Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Howard, what's your opinion of the 2016 manual tranny with TT package around 600 RWHP? I'm not an Auto guy.
Well....we often get that kind of questions as to what can the rest of the car handle...this again has many factors. If you drive hard with sticky tires, power shift like its a dump truck; your chances of breakage will be higher....hence the reason for the aftermarket industry!

600 wheel is not really a lot today and based upon the GEN 5 Camaro's history I don't see an issue. Cars that keep street tires on them are less likely to break as the load is relieved through tire slip.

This new car seems to be well packaged but the truth is yet to be seen. As well as the turbo system we also have a clean set of coil overs and all new replacement parts for the rear suspension. These will most certainly help as power goes up....always in quest for the week link!

HT
Old 01-12-2016, 05:13 PM   #40
MIAMI2SSRS

Drives: 2016 Black 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
+1
MIAMI2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 05:17 PM   #41
MIAMI2SSRS

Drives: 2016 Black 1SS Camaro
Quote:
Well....we often get that kind of questions as to what can the rest of the car handle...this again has many factors. If you drive hard with sticky tires, power shift like its a dump truck; your chances of breakage will be higher....hence the reason for the aftermarket industry!

600 wheel is not really a lot today and based upon the GEN 5 Camaro's history I don't see an issue. Cars that keep street tires on them are less likely to break as the load is relieved through tire slip.

This new car seems to be well packaged but the truth is yet to be seen. As well as the turbo system we also have a clean set of coil overs and all new replacement parts for the rear suspension. These will most certainly help as power goes up....always in quest for the week link!

HT
Thank you!!

Howard, with the TT kit for 6-700 rwhp you mentioned above would the suspension parts be needed on a daily driver with MRC? Not tracking or drag racing my car. I just want the power for daily driving fun.

Last edited by MIAMI2SSRS; 01-12-2016 at 05:38 PM.
MIAMI2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 05:26 PM   #42
libertyforall

Drives: '01 Camaro SS 'Vert; '02 Camaro RS
Lightbulb

Got to start a group to change Cali's insane restrictions -- too heavy handed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
So, I gotta ask the important question here. Will the stage 1 be Cali legal?