Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-07-2009, 02:32 PM   #127
TT C6
Banned

Drives: C6, 96 383ci Z28 hardtop
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakemaxx View Post
what do you guys think the v6 would pump out with one of these kits?
I'm sure a bunch of us would appreciate if you guys started a "V6 Forced Induction Options" thread so we can keep this "TVS 2300 V8" thread on topic and not cluttered with V6 chatter.

I'm still waiting for my TVS 2300/V8 post to be addressed:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownChevy View Post
Working on the intercooler heat exchanger and some misc supporting parts.
Please compare and contrast your cooling system with GM's TVS 2300 cooling system.

Are you going to include a 11 rib pulley like GM does on their TVS 2300?
TT C6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #128
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:06 PM   #129
BlownChevy

Drives: 2015 1SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT C6 View Post
I'm sure a bunch of us would appreciate if you guys started a "V6 Forced Induction Options" thread so we can keep this "TVS 2300 V8" thread on topic and not cluttered with V6 chatter.

I'm still waiting for my TVS 2300/V8 post to be addressed:

Please compare and contrast your cooling system with GM's TVS 2300 cooling system.

Are you going to include a 11 rib pulley like GM does on their TVS 2300?
Rob, I invite all conversation in this thread, including the V6 questions and comments.

I however will not interact with you, nor do I want to answer any of your questions. Your posts have proven time and time again to be combative and counterproductive on every forum.....
BlownChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:11 PM   #130
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Rob, I invite all conversation in this thread, including the V6 questions and comments.

I however will not interact with you, nor do I want to answer any of your questions. Your posts have proven time and time again to be combative and counterproductive on every forum.....
I've seen a few of these posts and will act if necessary to keep this thread on track.

Blown' - can you give us any comparisons to GM's 2300 on the LS9? I am interested in this information too

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 05-07-2009, 03:18 PM   #131
radz28
Petro-sexual

Also - I just picked up a 5.0 Mustang magazine and it has a comparison with a TVS 2300 from Shelby (TVS) and a 2800 from Kenny Bell (KB). I HAVE NOT READ THE ENTIRE ARTICLE YET but from my really quick glance, it looks like thought they tested the superchargers with the same pulley size, boost levels were a lot higher on the KB than the TVS therefore it made a lot more power. They also performed another test and spin both blowers as fast as it took to reach 20 lbs. of boost and there were quite drastic differences in terms of heat and blower RPM.

I'm not asking for you guys to defend yourselves (honestly - I'm planning on adding one of your blowers to my car) but can you offer any insight toward comparing your superchargers (TVS specifically) to KBs or Whipples; like in terms of heat, power production, parasitic power consumption, etc.? I've been on your website a few times and I just want to see a level playing field where the boost is the same so we get a fair representation of heat generated and related details.

Thanks

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 05-07-2009, 03:26 PM   #132
BlownChevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
Blown' - can you give us any comparisons to GM's 2300 on the LS9? I am interested in this information too
The differences are pretty major, the GM team was given an envelope that they needed to make the system fit in. This compromised certain aspects of the performance and the maximum power potential of the S/C. The fact that we do not need to conform to the OE's envelope we are able to make huge advances on the supercharger they that pass up on. One of the most obvious would be the inlet of the S/C, the discharge and intercooler we use is more efficient in the fact that the pressure drop across the core is much lower than the dual set up the ZR1 is using.

The internals of the supercharger are the same, that is the ONLY part that the ZR1 and Magna Charger share.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:35 PM   #133
BlownChevy

Quote:
I'm not asking for you guys to defend yourselves (honestly - I'm planning on adding one of your blowers to my car) but can you offer any insight toward comparing your superchargers (TVS specifically) to KBs or Whipples; like in terms of heat, power production, parasitic power consumption, etc.? I've been on your website a few times and I just want to see a level playing field where the boost is the same so we get a fair representation of heat generated and related details.

Thanks
I do not feel the need to defend the company, honestly to each his own. I would have loved to be present when the tests took place, I would love to see how they ran the test and compared discharge temps. The screw being a true compressor will ALWAYS be pumping when its turning......that equates to heat. The Hybrid Roots, or TVS...can be unloaded or "bypassed", using airflow to cool the housing, and rotors. If you are worried about heat, you should not that @ 8 psi I NEVER see more than 30* over ambient, and at 25 PSI it was NEVER over 50*.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:45 PM   #134
dankss
Contract Killer

Drives: 2010 black 1ss/rs
soo the tvs 2300 is like the same as a 2.3L sc?
dankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:46 PM   #135
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
I do not feel the need to defend the company, honestly to each his own. I would have loved to be present when the tests took place, I would love to see how they ran the test and compared discharge temps. The screw being a true compressor will ALWAYS be pumping when its turning......that equates to heat. The Hybrid Roots, or TVS...can be unloaded or "bypassed", using airflow to cool the housing, and rotors. If you are worried about heat, you should not that @ 8 psi I NEVER see more than 30* over ambient, and at 25 PSI it was NEVER over 50*.
I have to read the article in full but I don't plan on running 20 pounds of boost . Also, having the bypass that you guys have is also appealing since I'm looking for a supercharger for a streetcar, not a racecar. I still want drivability and economy (well, as much as one can reasonably expect, LOL).

Can you offer any details on if the temperatures you mentioned above were after the intercooler, or was that pre-intercooler?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 05-07-2009, 03:48 PM   #136
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankss View Post
soo the tvs 2300 is like the same as a 2.3L sc?
Yes - "2300" is the size in cubic centimeters, so it is 2.3 liters of displacement

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 05-07-2009, 03:48 PM   #137
BlownChevy

Quote:
I have to read the article in full but I don't plan on running 20 pounds of boost . Also, having the bypass that you guys have is also appealing since I'm looking for a supercharger for a streetcar, not a racecar. I still want drivability and economy (well, as much as one can reasonably expect, LOL).

Can you offer any details on if the temperatures you mentioned above were after the intercooler, or was that pre-intercooler?
I am measuring IATs post intercooler. The bypass is good for fuel mileage as well.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:49 PM   #138
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:

The KB 2.8 on my Shelby is a twin-screw and also features a bypass. In fact, I can use the bypass as a "valet" mode if I want to and it will prevent the car from making boost.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:52 PM   #139
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
The KB 2.8 on my Shelby is a twin-screw and also features a bypass. In fact, I can use the bypass as a "valet" mode if I want to and it will prevent the car from making boost.
Ah... Cool. Thanks

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 05-07-2009, 03:54 PM   #140
BlownChevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
although it does use a bypass it is not truly unloading the supercharger like the Hybrid Roots. It is IMPOSSIBLE to do this with the screw.