Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2018, 10:45 AM   #757
JusticePete
VIR Specialist

 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 20,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprchrgd View Post
thanks Pete. I sent you a pm. i may be making a trip to myrtle each this summer and may just drop my car off for a few days while I head further south.
And I replied. Look forward to meeting you!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 07:57 PM   #758
p3jason
Allergic to stupid.
 
p3jason's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 ZL1 #957 M6 AGM & 1990 Z24
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 368
Send a message via Yahoo to p3jason
I just spent the better part of an hour reading through this thread. I drive a 2015 ZL1 with all OE suspension components. The only difference in running gear is a 315/35 rear tire, currently Michelin Pilot Super Sport. I will probably switch to Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 to try and mitigate costs. I probably drive 70% street, still taking corners more aggressively than most. The other 30% is 12 autocross events a year and 3-4 honest hours of road course time annually. My alignment is untouched and I don't know yet what the actual values are. My front tires show more wear outside than inside and understeer is my main concern. It appears that I would benefit from the following specs.

Front camber -1.5 deg
Front toe 0.0
Rear camber -0.5 max
Rear toe +0.12 deg

Let me know if I'm on the right track as I plan to get the car on the rack before I get much deeper in the season.

And Pete, I started at the Camarocross at the 2015 Camaro Fest in BG, so it's your fault I autocross regularly now.
__________________

Last edited by p3jason; 02-20-2018 at 08:09 PM.
p3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2018, 09:15 PM   #759
JusticePete
VIR Specialist

 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 20,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3jason View Post
I just spent the better part of an hour reading through this thread. I drive a 2015 ZL1 with all OE suspension components. The only difference in running gear is a 315/35 rear tire, currently Michelin Pilot Super Sport. I will probably switch to Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 to try and mitigate costs. I probably drive 70% street, still taking corners more aggressively than most. The other 30% is 12 autocross events a year and 3-4 honest hours of road course time annually. My alignment is untouched and I don't know yet what the actual values are. My front tires show more wear outside than inside and understeer is my main concern. It appears that I would benefit from the following specs.

Front camber -1.5 deg
Front toe 0.0
Rear camber -0.5 max
Rear toe +0.12 deg

Let me know if I'm on the right track as I plan to get the car on the rack before I get much deeper in the season.

And Pete, I started at the Camarocross at the 2015 Camaro Fest in BG, so it's your fault I autocross regularly now.
That is the mission for CamaroCross. Thank you for letting us know it worked.

You are on the right path with your alignment spec. Add a 32mn rear bar and tear it up at the CamaroCross in BG this year!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 01:23 PM   #760
3rdGenAg2010
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Houston
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
That is the mission for CamaroCross. Thank you for letting us know it worked.

You are on the right path with your alignment spec. Add a 32mn rear bar and tear it up at the CamaroCross in BG this year!
JP, I would like to second the 32MM rear bar. I bought one for my 2014 1LE and took it back to the autocross after running 6 or more events prior. I could not believe how much difference it made. The car has no understeer, and just feels way more balanced than with the stock 1LE bar. No more plowing into the turns for me! Question is now what to do with the old 1LE bar.....
3rdGenAg2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:55 AM   #761
JusticePete
VIR Specialist

 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 20,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdGenAg2010 View Post
JP, I would like to second the 32MM rear bar. I bought one for my 2014 1LE and took it back to the autocross after running 6 or more events prior. I could not believe how much difference it made. The car has no understeer, and just feels way more balanced than with the stock 1LE bar. No more plowing into the turns for me! Question is now what to do with the old 1LE bar.....


Sell it to an on the budget build Camaro owner for use with the skinny OEM front bar
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 01:42 PM   #762
TXM62SS
 
TXM62SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 372
Rear Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdGenAg2010 View Post
JP, I would like to second the 32MM rear bar. I bought one for my 2014 1LE and took it back to the autocross after running 6 or more events prior. I could not believe how much difference it made. The car has no understeer, and just feels way more balanced than with the stock 1LE bar. No more plowing into the turns for me! Question is now what to do with the old 1LE bar.....
3rdGen....shoot me a PM with a price. I will buy your bar. I am in Pearland.
__________________
Victory Red 2012 2SS/RS LS3 Camaro
Pat G. Spec Cam from Cam Motion 228/236 .599/.599 112+2LSA
Kooks 1-7/8" LTs w/ Cats
Roto-Fab, Bo White TB, Borla Touring Catback
3.91 1LE Gears, MGW
Tuned by Pat G

TXM62SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 09:01 PM   #763
JusticePete
VIR Specialist

 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 20,249
We'll there you go.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Definitive GT500 Thread garagelogic Chevy Camaro vs... 98 02-12-2010 01:14 PM
Lets start a Tire Specific Thread here, sizes, brands, specs and other usefull info. 55Designs Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack 0 12-20-2009 07:58 PM
Suggestion: Explanation to thread starters for their threads being locked? colin911 Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions 2 12-06-2009 10:25 PM
Dealer Praise Thread (Not an Idiot!) RPO_Z28 Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 84 06-25-2009 01:00 AM
prices thread nimnels 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 1 05-02-2009 06:47 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.