Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-27-2007, 08:31 PM   #15
shibbychevy15
I'm your Huckleberry!

Drives: 2001 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab
well i am currently take the time to call every Chevy dealership in the state of WA and OH . so far i have started in WA since that is where i am right now. I received some good info from a sales manager that said he had been at a meeting recently and said the coupe is expected to be on the lots second quarter (aprox. April thru June), and the vert will be after that starting end June begin July. I also heard from another manager that they will start taking orders in November for the Spring. this same guy also told me that the plan is to have 80% V8's and 20% V6's. the V6 option will be the same 3.6L that is in the CTS and he said all V8's that roll out next year will be the LS2, but to expect the LS3 the next year. (sigh a whole year longer ) This guy also kept right on going and told me that GM just retrademarked the name Chevelle !! and he believes that the departing of the Monte that we just may hear rumors or see a new Chevelle . well pitch in what ya think cuz this is will be interesting!! ok now hear are some dealers names to go to in WA (i'm not even close to done but its a start for now...)

Barry Chevrolet
548 Basin St. SW
Ephrata, WA 98823

Grey Chevrolet
4949 SW Hovde Rd
Port Orchard, WA 98367

Hall Chevrolet Buick
314 6th St.
Prosser, WA 99350

Hintons
8139 Guide Meridian Rd.
Lynden, WA 98264

Keep in mind that these are only over the phone promises from dealers and i really hope they stick too it. I plan on keeping in contact with these guys to build a good relationship.

Cheers!!
shibbychevy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:01 PM   #16
ANDRE
2010 Z28 vert drooler

Drives: 2010 Z28 vert
Any in the chicagoland area, please let me know. Already saving and counting the days when there's another Camaro in my garage!!!!
02 CAMARO SS #7719
ANDRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:57 PM   #17
izwar

Drives: Silver
Any dealers in south florida?
izwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:49 PM   #18
CamaroLovers
Chevy Luv

Drives: Chevrolet
Quote:
this same guy also told me that the plan is to have 80% V8's and 20% V6's. the V6 option will be the same 3.6L that is in the CTS and he said all V8's that roll out next year will be the LS2, but to expect the LS3 the next year. (sigh a whole year longer )
That was kind of my thinking. It seems everytime a new vehicle or redesigned vehicle comes out we all want to be the first to get one, but they always seem to get better each year by upping performance, options, features and fixing little issues with the new stuff.

Great informative thread!
1986 IROC
1988 Camaro w/LS1
2001 Black Z28
CamaroLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 03:25 PM   #19
ChevyLee
SS Chevy

Drives: Chevy Cheyenne Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Gunn Chevrolet
12602 IH 35 North
San Antonio, TX 78233
(210)599-5000
(800)720-4866
http://www.gunnchevrolet.com/main/

I ran into the Executive Manager, Charley O'Daniel, for Gunn Chevrolet today. We had a short discussion about price gouging and he stated none of his salesmen were allowed to sell anything over MSRP. It was obvious he was agitated when we were talking about Ford and the rediculous markup of the GT500. Said that would never happen at his location. He also mentioned they just sold a Z06 for $200 under MSRP. This could very well be a good place to look into!
Hey TG, Have you ever herd of Henna or Covert Chevrolet? They are in austin. There is a Covert in Basdrop. Henna has great costumer service i plan on checking them out for my camaro, the guy there said he would let me special order one with out charging me a 'finders fee'
ChevyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:08 PM   #20
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyLee View Post
Hey TG, Have you ever herd of Henna or Covert Chevrolet? They are in austin. There is a Covert in Basdrop. Henna has great costumer service i plan on checking them out for my camaro, the guy there said he would let me special order one with out charging me a 'finders fee'
Sounds like good news. I have heard of Covert. I believe they are off of IH 35. Find out if he's willing to sell it at MSRP or below. If he is, post up that dealers info! There should be no extra "finders fee" charge for any dealer....maybe a shipping fee....but NO finders fee. If anyone calls plugging in certain options into a computer and hitting a search button and then wants to charge you for that, I would never do business with them.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:41 AM   #21
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
Chances are I will be living in Austin at 'The Release' so I will definitely be checking into these Austin and San Antonio dealerships if they will sell at MSRP.

If we grouped by state and sent 4 or 5 buyers there way I am sure they would like to thank us somehow for that.

Sooooo.... Tag, ChevyLee, Lets go down to Gunn Chevrolet together. See if we can't get a 3 for the price of 2 or something like that.
Alright, thats a little extreme, but if we do go in and all three say "We would like to order 3 Camaros. What deal will you give us."
Something good HAS to come from that.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:22 AM   #22
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Actally, let's make that Ancira Winton Chevrolet. Seriously. I bought 3 at $200 over cost and one for $100 over cost from them. If I called the service manager telling him I was coming back to buy a 5th, he'd be happy and surely give me a good deal. But, if I called saying I had 3 or 4 buyers, they could probably give us a really good deal...probably. So, we'd need everyone we could get. This sounds like a freaking GREAT idea!!! Could you imagine? All 4 or 5 of us place orders at the same time to take delivery at the same time?!?! I'd LOVE to make this happen! I'll even wait a little longer to make sure it COULD happen for all the members who wanted to order at the same time.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:18 AM   #23
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

I DEFINITLY CUNCURR!!
Old 08-01-2007, 06:19 PM   #24
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
If it's cheaper to buy it down in TX and drive it back to the bay I will DEFINITELY be out there. Just gotta figure out pricing and/or how much the dealers will charge here. I would tow it back as to not put too many miles on it right off the bat though.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:22 AM   #25
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Shit Tag,
If we have Bay Area people talking about coming down to pick one up. We could get a good crowd. 10-15 people from a few states.

Does a dealer have a limit on how many they get? I have heard that before, but does the same apply if we are all special ordering them?

Can you imagine two big rig car haulers pulling in all loaded with special ordered Camaros just for the guys on this site. it would be nuts
We just made a car dealerships day.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:54 AM   #26
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I sent a message to a couple local dealers inquiring about their stance on dealer markup.

I've only heard back from one so far-

Bennett Chevrolet
6721 Black Horse Pike
Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234

This was my response from them regarding Dealer Markup-

Thanks for your request in regards the 2009 Camaro. It is our policy to limit our pricing on "hot" products to the actual MSRP. We do have a small waiting list. $500.00 deposit required. Cars will be offered in order of Deposit.

So, I had to ask about that deposit (I know a lot of people don't think we should put down a deposit, but I had to ask). My followup eMail was this-

Thank you very much for the information.

I do have a couple questions now though.

1- Does this deposit hold whatever vehicle arrives on the lot? Or does it guarantee the ability to order to my own specifications? (I personally wish to order my Camaro.)

2- Is this deposit refundable if, when details are released, the buyer decides to wait a bit longer to purchase? Or, God forbid, they decide they are unhappy with the production model and don't wish to purchase at all?

Thank you again,

And, lastly, their response to that-

The deposit secures your place in the allocation process, The Camaro would be ordered to your specifications baring any factory restrictions. The deposit is 100% refundable, we will not hold you to the car if it’s not as expected.

Thanks again for your interest.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:25 AM   #27
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

not bad. sounds like they are willing to work w/ the buyer.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:54 AM   #28
Kimosen
Insider Informant

Drives: 2003 Sunfire
I don't know how many of you guys on this forum live in, or around, Michigan, but I work at a Chevrolet dealer here, and we're committed to selling the Camaro at MSRP when it comes in.

Same story as you've heard before, you're buying a place in line, and the ability to order the car to your specifications, barring any factory restrictions.

Our deposit is a refundable $1000, which, obviously, goes toward the purchase price of the car.

Paul Smith
Classic Chrevrolet
2929 Burlingame Ave
Wyoming, MI 49509
(616) 249-2102
Kimosen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arizona, arizona dealer, florida, louisiana, massachusetts, missouri msrp dealer, so cal dealers, www.camaroscotty.com