Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #85
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toasty View Post
Yeah, I suspect that the dealer that ordered the glass may have to get involved. The glass shop wonders if there is a way to focus adjust the hud with tech2 or similar means
What I can do in regards to the tech2 question is send that on to my technical department to see if that would be possible. I should get something back from them in the next 2 days. I will update when I get some information back.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:35 PM   #86
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
What I can do in regards to the tech2 question is send that on to my technical department to see if that would be possible. I should get something back from them in the next 2 days. I will update when I get some information back.

thanks!
Old 07-18-2011, 11:34 AM   #87
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Toasty. I just got some information back and they wanted me to confirm that you have an HUD mark on the windshield in the lower passenger side. This mark can be seen from outside the vehicle. This would tell you for certain that the windshield is in fact an HUD windshield. If it is not I would have to suggest you get it replaced with the proper windshield (which I hope be able to get a part number for you just in case). I hope that helps. Hopefully after checking we can know how to move forward for you!

Old 07-18-2011, 12:25 PM   #88
Toasty

Quote:
Toasty. I just got some information back and they wanted me to confirm that you have an HUD mark on the windshield in the lower passenger side. This mark can be seen from outside the vehicle. This would tell you for certain that the windshield is in fact an HUD windshield. If it is not I would have to suggest you get it replaced with the proper windshield (which I hope be able to get a part number for you just in case). I hope that helps. Hopefully after checking we can know how to move forward for you!

Jeff, it is indeed marked HUD.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:38 PM   #89
Oxtar41

Drives: 700 rwhp 2010 SS
I had my wiperblade come apart in a storm and the blade scratched my windshield when I first got my car. It took the dealer about a month to get the glass in from GM.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:23 PM   #90
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Thanks for the reply Toasty. I've let them know about your windshield. Hopefully we can move on from here with a bit of a better idea as to what may be causing this issue.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:25 PM   #91
Toasty

Quote:
Thanks for the reply Toasty. I've let them know about your windshield. Hopefully we can move on from here with a bit of a better idea as to what may be causing this issue.

It's been a long while, but finally got the windshield replaced again... still have the ghosting image from the HUD... and the hud image doesnt seem as stable as it was originally, seems to vibrate more when driving. I did double check the markings, and both replacement windshields have the same markings, numbers, etc (same mfg date/lot)

I need to get it into the dealer and have them look at it, I guess... but not sure what they will do
Old 09-28-2011, 10:28 AM   #92
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
(LOF) Libbey Owens Ford