Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-11-2009, 09:44 PM   #1
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

Drives: Cargo van.
So Rodimus Prime is out driving today and sees....

First off. Im a white 30 male (I know it looks like a craigslist ad already) who happens to be a (military police by trade)Marine Corps recruiter. Well on my way home from work today Im driving my IOM ss while still in my uniform. Im behind a late 90's Cavailar (?) and I see a fatter white womans fat arm hanging out the window with a cigarette in her hand. Then from the passenger seat side I see a little head peep around and almost over the top of the seat. Im like no effing way this kid isnt in a child seat.

So I plan on letting this lady get a piece of my mind. ( Im in a white trash/methhead town) Google meth and Hannibal mo. So I plan to follow her to a red light and just say some choice words from my window..ect ect.

Well I end up following her for about 2 miles to what I guess to be her house. She pulls in her driveway and I pull up next to her and get out of my car (in Marine Corp dress blues mind you). I put on my nice guy voice because I dont know the situation yet and ask her how shes doing.

Then I see the maybe 20 mo old child sitting in the front seat no seatbelt or nothing. I say to her "you know if I was a cop you would be getting a pretty hefty ticket right now for child endangerment for you child not being in a safety seat"

She proceeds to tell me that she just picked him up and was just driving home. I tell her I can see that and ask her if she has a child seat for him.

This is pretty much the exact conversation.

Her: its in the back there (its a booster seat for 30lb+ kids)

me: well dont you think it would be a good idea if he was in it?

her: I cant get him to stay in it.

me: who the f*ck is the adult in the car?

her:..............

me: your telling me you cant control your 1yr old?

her:......................

me: How about you be a responsible adult and think about people other than yourself?

her:.........................

me: you would feel pretty f*ucking stupid if you got in an accident at 40mph and your kid bounced out the f*ucking window because you were to lazy to properly belt him in. Your lucky Im not a cop lady.

Her:........................

I hate living in Hannibal, Mo. When I leave here I hope the whole city burns down. Thats the end of my rant. That dumbass probably wont listen to me anyways.
rodimus prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:48 PM   #2
respect is earned

Drives: an autobot
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimus prime View Post
First off. Im a white 30 male (I know it looks like a craigslist ad already) who happens to be a (military police by trade)Marine Corps recruiter. Well on my way home from work today Im driving my IOM ss while still in my uniform. Im behind a late 90's Cavailar (?) and I see a fatter white womans fat arm hanging out the window with a cigarette in her hand. Then from the passenger seat side I see a little head peep around and almost over the top of the seat. Im like no effing way this kid isnt in a child seat.

So I plan on letting this lady get a piece of my mind. ( Im in a white trash/methhead town) Google meth and Hannibal mo. So I plan to follow her to a red light and just say some choice words from my window..ect ect.

Well I end up following her for about 2 miles to what I guess to be her house. She pulls in her driveway and I pull up next to her and get out of my car (in Marine Corp dress blues mind you). I put on my nice guy voice because I dont know the situation yet and ask her how shes doing.

Then I see the maybe 20 mo old child sitting in the front seat no seatbelt or nothing. I say to her "you know if I was a cop you would be getting a pretty hefty ticket right now for child endangerment for you child not being in a safety seat"

She proceeds to tell me that she just picked him up and was just driving home. I tell her I can see that and ask her if she has a child seat for him.

This is pretty much the exact conversation.

Her: its in the back there (its a booster seat for 30lb+ kids)

me: well dont you think it would be a good idea if he was in it?

her: I cant get him to stay in it.

me: who the f*ck is the adult in the car?

her:..............

me: your telling me you cant control your 1yr old?

her:......................

me: How about you be a responsible adult and think about people other than yourself?

her:.........................

me: you would feel pretty f*ucking stupid if you got in an accident at 40mph and your kid bounced out the f*ucking window because you were to lazy to properly belt him in. Your lucky Im not a cop lady.

Her:........................

I hate living in Hannibal, Mo. When I leave here I hope the whole city burns down. Thats the end of my rant. That dumbass probably wont listen to me anyways.

you be careful what you say about God's country

haha just messin. what an idiot driver
respect is earned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:49 PM   #3
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
you're probably right. Sucks for the child...
Old 08-11-2009, 09:51 PM   #4
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I only wish that the conversation you had meant half as much to her as it does to you...............................but I somehow don't think so.

Thanks for speaking out.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:53 PM   #5
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
I really wish someone would follow me in my driveway and pull up beside me for any reason.
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:56 PM   #6
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

If your doing something to endanger yourself I could care less. I might even encourage it. But when it comes to those that cant help themselves, I will let you know your an idiot and hopefully at least make you think twice about doing that again.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:18 PM   #7
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
I really wish someone would follow me in my driveway and pull up beside me for any reason.
sarcasm?

Ill pull in your driveway and say, Nice vette then leave
-----------------------------

shes a dumbs ass for endangering her child life like that
Old 08-11-2009, 10:19 PM   #8
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingincamaro View Post
sarcasm?

Ill pull in your driveway and say, Nice vette then leave
-----------------------------

shes a dumbs ass for endangering her child life like that
...if you come on my property, you better be invited.
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:23 PM   #9
Luny

Drives: Future Camaro
i suggest people be careful, for all u knew this lady could have been psychotic and had an equally psychotic BF lol
Luny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:26 PM   #10
bouncertime
Miller High Life

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1, 2017 Colorado Z71
I truely agree with you and your actions, but I hope you weren't dropping the F-bombs in front of the kid.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:35 PM   #11
PolishMike

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Yep, If I saw someone follow me 2 miles and stop at my house and get out of their car, my holster would be empty.

No offense but there are a lot of crazy people out there. You had good intentions but poor execution.
Get the plates and let the cops deal with it.

Mike

Ps - How many rockers you got?
IOM w/ White Stripes 2SS RS M6 #17772
Now - Stainless Works 2" Headers, Intake, Cam, tune, ect
And shepherds we shall be, For thee my lord for thee. Power has descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy commands. So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.In nomine Patri, Et Fili, Spiritus Sancti
PolishMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 10:49 PM   #12
rodimus prime
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luny View Post
i suggest people be careful, for all u knew this lady could have been psychotic and had an equally psychotic BF lol
I live in Hannibal. 95% of the population is psychotic. Furthermore 95% of population is also methheads. I could probably take about 3-4 of them at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncertime View Post
I truely agree with you and your actions, but I hope you weren't dropping the F-bombs in front of the kid.
The kid wasnt old enough to understand them..from my observation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolishMike View Post
Yep, If I saw someone follow me 2 miles and stop at my house and get out of their car, my holster would be empty.

No offense but there are a lot of crazy people out there. You had good intentions but poor execution.
Get the plates and let the cops deal with it.

Mike

Ps - How many rockers you got?
Im all about poor execution. It makes a bigger impact. She will probably tell all her friends some Army guy yelled at her for not buckling her kid in.

The average person from down town hannibal doesnt give a dump about the law or police. I thought about calling them, but by the time I would of gotten the number (411 doesnt work for my carrier in this dump hole) she would of been long gone.

Anyways, I didnt break any laws, I just gave her a friendly reminder that some people do care about her children, even if she doesnt. If she has a boyfriend and he was there I would of gladly told him that too.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:58 PM   #13
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
You should have called the cops or child welfare. Dont mess with a childs life.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:34 AM   #14
Haloman1346
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I agree with your thoughts but your actions were totally unprofessional. You should have just got the number off the plate and called the cops.

Meth heads are insane, and you're lucky her babies daddy didnt come out with a shot gun and blew your ass into the next yard.

And can you imagine (If you're telling the truth) if somebody with a video camera was there taping this? Kiss your job goodbye.

Don't take matters into your own hands, for the love of god.
Haloman1346 is offline   Reply With Quote