Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-02-2015, 06:25 PM   #1
david06851313

Drives: 2014 SS ashen grey
Question about my camaros worth now it has had lots of warranty work?

2014 camaro ls3 SS having trans issues, in the shop now..
Ok I have a 2014 SS RS camaro. Only options were RS package, short shifter and dual mode exhaust.

I bought it brand new. Zero miles. After about 100 miles(100 mile hwy home ride after buying it) it started to grind second gear and plus itself out of gear. Also when you push the clutch in for first gear it does a loud shutter noise when it releases. I brought it to the dealer 4 times for this issue and during other issues I told them to keep checking this. The car now has 20k miles.

Other issues

It's had steering column replaced do to tilt lever snapping off riding down the highway

In for blower motor and controls not working correctly right now

I called and started a gm case number about the trans while its in the shop for the blower motor. Now the manager of my dealer has called back and asked what to do. I told him pull the trans and figure out what's going on. He agreed now after gm had contacted him. So now I'm waiting. To see what they find and go from there.

Here is what's going on. Said replacing second and third gears and syncros. They said both gears looked wore and needed replaced. Car has 21k miles.

Ok now you guys are up to speed. I copied my thread about the issues going on with it to keep from typing a ton

Now here is my question. Now the car has had the trans rebuilt, steering column, blower motor. The ac controls sometimes won't let it blow out the dash. If you turn it on nothing happens then turn on defrost or shut the car off and on then it works again and will come out the dash. Only done it a few times. Gm said nothing is wrong with it etc can't find a issue. Anyways ..

With all these repairs, I'm sure they will show up on a carfax which does look bad imo to potential buyers or if I try and trade the car in. Will this stuff hurt the value of the car? Will it hurt it enough to lessen its value? If you were looking at a car for sale and saw a carfax with these things fixed would you still consider it or pass cause you think it's a lemon?
david06851313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:31 PM   #2
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
My car had a list of "repairs" much longer than yours. I had no issue when I traded it in.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:34 PM   #3
david06851313

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse13 View Post
My car had a list of "repairs" much longer than yours. I had no issue when I traded it in.
What were they? It didn't hurt value at all?
Old 04-02-2015, 06:40 PM   #4
MostWanted

Drives: 2015 ZL1
If you trade it in, as long as everything is "working" at the time, I don't think you will have a problem getting full trade in value.
2015 Camaro ZL1 (#1090)

MostWanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 06:49 PM   #5
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
If GM does the warranty work and then they claim that the car has a lower value at trade in because of their own warranty work..which is supposed to be replacing the component to resolve the issue, meeting factory specs with factory parts...well, I think maybe the AG's office might like to know that.

Carfax may collect service records...or they may not. Depends. Ask your shop. Get it in writing.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:51 PM   #6
TheHorse13

Quote:
Originally Posted by david06851313 View Post
What were they? It didn't hurt value at all?
Numerous paint problems/resprays
Bad transmission (tr6060, you get the idea)
Radiator exploded
Oil cooler went south twice
Oil pan gasket needed replacement (entire front end has to come down to do this)
Master cylinder leaked badly
Master cylinder cap leaked
Clutch pedal assembly broke
Rear end moaned/clunked
Radio turned on and off whenever it felt like it (i was told this is normal, lol)
Steering knuckle/power steering leaked
3rd gear randomly brick walled after "repair" and the final straw for dumping the POS. The tr6060 in that car was the worst damn thing I have ever attempted to shift in my life.

All of this before 24,000 miles...

There were a few other things but even with the impressive list of failures I had zero issues during trade in.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:58 PM   #7
david06851313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
It sucks you had all those issues.

Why would your dealer report it to Carfax?
I just assumed they would, my other car showed every oil change, showed it had the blower motor replaced, showed it had a switch replaced. Showed everything so I assumed that's normal for the dealer to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
If GM does the warranty work and then they claim that the car has a lower value at trade in because of their own warranty work..which is supposed to be replacing the component to resolve the issue, meeting factory specs with factory parts...well, I think maybe the AG's office might like to know that.

Carfax may collect service records...or they may not. Depends. Ask your shop. Get it in writing.
I never said it would for sure get traded back to a gm dealer. What if it was sold private ? This could bother people. Traded somewhere it could bother that brand etc. That's what I'm asking.
Quote:
Numerous paint problems/resprays
Bad transmission (tr6060, you get the idea)
Radiator exploded
Oil cooler went south twice
Oil pan gasket needed replacement (entire front end has to come down to do this)
Master cylinder leaked badly
Master cylinder cap leaked
Clutch pedal assembly broke
Rear end moaned/clunked
Radio turned on and off whenever it felt like it (i was told this is normal, lol)
Steering knuckle/power steering leaked
3rd gear randomly brick walled after "repair" and the final straw for dumping the POS. The tr6060 in that car was the worst damn thing I have ever attempted to shift in my life.

All of this before 24,000 miles...

There were a few other things but even with the impressive list of failures I had zero issues during trade in.
That would suck. That's a ton of issues, how did you even find time to drive it. I would have gave that one back as a lemon!
Old 04-02-2015, 07:00 PM   #8
TheHorse13

Quote:
I just assumed they would, my other car showed every oil change, showed it had the blower motor replaced, showed it had a switch replaced. Showed everything so I assumed that's normal for the dealer to do.

I never said it would for sure get traded back to a gm dealer. What if it was sold private ? This could bother people. Traded somewhere it could bother that brand etc. That's what I'm asking.

That would suck. That's a ton of issues, how did you even find time to drive it. I would have gave that one back as a lemon!
I left out the saga of nonsense that I went through with GM. I could write a book about horrible business practices, slimy dealers and a list of other nasties. Let's just say that it was best to cut my losses and go back to Dodge. My scat pack 392 is flawless and I'm now a happy car guy again.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:03 PM   #9
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:

That's why I also typed:

"carfax may collect service records...or they may not. Depends. Ask your shop. Get it in writing."

Ask the shop if they submit repair or warranty records to carfax. Carfax buys these things, they don't "just go" to carfax. Get the shop's policy regarding that in writing.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:23 PM   #10
david06851313

Quote:
I left out the saga of nonsense that I went through with GM. I could write a book about horrible business practices, slimy dealers and a list of other nasties. Let's just say that it was best to cut my losses and go back to Dodge. My scat pack 392 is flawless and I'm now a happy car guy again.
Lol, I hear ya. A friend of mine drove one and loves the 392 challenger but ended up with a rt due to price. I actually almost bought a challenger but I'm a GM guy all the way. Just having bad luck lately with them..and yes I've gone through some shady terrible dealers that just aren't worth the space they take up. Worthless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
That's why I also typed:

"carfax may collect service records...or they may not. Depends. Ask your shop. Get it in writing."

Ask the shop if they submit repair or warranty records to carfax. Carfax buys these things, they don't "just go" to carfax. Get the shop's policy regarding that in writing.
Yes I got what you meant. I'm just trying to cover everything. Make sure it doesn't hurt me in the long run.
Old 04-02-2015, 07:47 PM   #11
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Quote:
Guess it depends on the particular vehicle.....Have had two MoPar products that were nothing but problems. Even the 100,000 mile PTW wouldn't even fix it. I would never buy a MoPar vehicle ever again.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:11 PM   #12
david06851313

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruebernard View Post
Guess it depends on the particular vehicle.....Have had two MoPar products that were nothing but problems. Even the 100,000 mile PTW wouldn't even fix it. I would never buy a MoPar vehicle ever again.
I had really bad luck with my Daytona charger so I never went back to dodge. Tried it once then back to gm ..
Old 04-03-2015, 08:35 AM   #13
david06851313

More opinions ?
Old 04-03-2015, 09:46 AM   #14
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
More opinions ?
Well, my motto is, don't waste time worrying about things you cannot change. Your car has issues. Nothing you can do about it now. I think most people don't even pull a car fax before they buy. They see a car, fall in love with it, and buy it. If it stops someone from buying, there is nothing you can do about it.

Dealer is gonna give you book value and nothing else, assuming everything works. Nothing you can do about that either.

I would be more concerned that it is repaired properly to avoid future trips to the shop. FWIW, my SS is slow to swap blower directions. It always works, but sometimes it takes a minute for it to switch from floor to vent.